Tree Planting Drone

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Tree Planting Drone

Post by jerryd6818 »

Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
kootenay joe

Re: Tree Planting Drone

Post by kootenay joe »

If that is real it is amazing !
kj
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

I Don't see Them things Planting that Many Walnut trees In That Time Frame , :roll: Very Practical Application Though K.C.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

..amazing!!!......... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ............
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I don't believe it was claimed that they were planting/growing walnuts.

The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

This is indeed an interesting topic, but how often does that drone have to land and reload with more plants? Quite frequently I would imagine, so do you then have an army of support troops on the ground in a centrally located LZ where the drones are continually landing and being reloaded, then taking off again? And what kind of survival rate is to be expected from such a haphazard planting method as this? And who is footing the bill for this operation? The costs would be quite high, with not much chance for any sort of monetary pay off.
Lots of questions.
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

313 Mike wrote:This is indeed an interesting topic, but how often does that drone have to land and reload with more plants? Quite frequently I would imagine, so do you then have an army of support troops on the ground in a centrally located LZ where the drones are continually landing and being reloaded, then taking off again? And what kind of survival rate is to be expected from such a haphazard planting method as this? And who is footing the bill for this operation? The costs would be quite high, with not much chance for any sort of monetary pay off.
Lots of questions.
More information here. ---► https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ng&sp=mAEB
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

I Have a Black walnut tree in the Back Yard ,The Shucks are really Juicy when there Maturing , I was thinking this may be the Source of the old timer method of black bone knife handles . , Good Post Jerry ., Thanks for the Lead on walnut :wink: ::tu:: I am going to try and raise some may get some future stock :roll: out of them .. K.C.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Slash Pines, Long Leaf Pines, etc. are planted from seedlings not seeds. Pine seeds are planted in nurseries then transplanted by a tree planter or by hand by some dude using a dibble. I would say that on the southern pine plantations the drone will be used for surveys and other aerial observation as it is now but not dropping 750 and a many as 1000 seeds per acre in rows just yet.
In my humble opinion it will still be done similarly to this, to obtain this result:
#48i.jpg
#48j.JPG
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”