Old Sheffield baby advice

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
zoogirl

Old Sheffield baby advice

Post by zoogirl »

4EA0CA5D-9528-421D-A183-68D13C7F7B77.jpeg
266E6706-1FD2-4C61-A024-C7EC9AD50225.jpeg
13332B22-C59C-4543-B267-9FD1DA6C9335.jpeg
I thought this was pretty interesting, so I nabbed it. The Red Barn Flea got me again! ::paranoid::
It’s a baby advice book from Sheffield. It’s put out by the Sheffield Works Societies Association. There’s no date but I’m going to guess no later than the 1920’s. My goodness, raising kids must have been a lot of work! In some ways, though, it was easier and probably cheaper. No expensive stroller, no brand new toys and certainly no disposable diapers or high priced formula.
I thought it was cool that the back page mentions Cutlers Hall.
Yes, I did read it all. It was well worth the $4 I gave the vendor.
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
RobesonsRme.com

Re: Old Sheffield baby advice

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Our boys were born in 75 and 78.

We never used disposable diapers for either.

Granted, we used a diaper service, but we had to dispose of the poop and rinse the diapers before putting them in the container.

The service dropped off clean diapers and took the soiled ones away every other day or thereabouts.

I'd ban disposable diapers if I was in charge. Too many end up in shopping mall parking lots, not to mention the land fills.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Old Sheffield baby advice

Post by doglegg »

Cool pick up Ann. Raising babies and at least a tiny knife reference. Very cool. Mine were born 70 and 74. The 70 was in Costa Rica and was all cloth diapers washed by my sweet wife on a rubboard for a while. We used cloth diapers on the 2nd one too. For several years after they were born I couldn't walk past a tolit without dipping my hand in the bowl out of habit. And oh those diaper pails!!!! My olfactory nerves were permanently singed. But really cool pick up. ::tu:: ::tu::

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”