Fall colors!!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Fall colors!!

Post by doglegg »

Vibrant fall colors have finally arrived to north Texas!
Attachments
IMG_20190918_093023401.jpg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Fall colors!!

Post by Quick Steel »

That is funny. :)
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

No it’s not funny. Some years that’s about as good as it gets! ::facepalm:: :lol:

Seriously though, in North Texas we do get some good fall color. The problem is it only lasts a week or two. We get some beautiful fall days but it doesn’t typically frost until late November. The leaves turn colors but soon fall off. And then all the color is on the ground. ::dang::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

Mumbleypeg wrote:No it’s not funny. Some years that’s about as good as it gets! ::facepalm:: :lol:

Seriously though, in North Texas we do get some good fall color. The problem is it only lasts a week or two. We get some beautiful fall days but it doesn’t typically frost until late November. The leaves turn colors but soon fall off. And then all the color is on the ground. ::dang::

Ken
About the same here. Certain leaves tend to change earlier and nicer than others. Wild grape vines are often some of the first and best. I envy you folks who are far enough west to have Cottonwoods and Aspen. I am a bit color blind, so the reds and browns do not show up to me the way the yellows of the Cottonwoods and Aspens show up. I have visited the Rockies many times in the autumn, and those trees are great!

Leaves may not be turning much in my area, but the fall wild flowers are really blooming. I was out in the country today: the flowers were just treat for the eyes in some areas. Unfortunately, Jap grass, or Cogon Grass, has crowded out a lot of the native wild flowers that should ornament our country lanes. But there are still places where I love to look at the flowers!
Mel
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

How's this for fall colors in Alaska. Driving from Anchorage to Soldotna along the Chugach National Forest.
IMG_20190911_184749.jpg
IMG_20190911_192012.jpg
IMG_20190911_193433.jpg
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

David, that is a little more colorful than Ponder. Lovely landscape. ::tu:: ::tu::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

doglegg wrote:David, that is a little more colorful than Ponder. Lovely landscape. ::tu:: ::tu::
You're absolutely right sir, I wish I could stay up here for this type of weather, but it will soon change and I bet I will be glad to have our Texas weather.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”