Wants refund because it's not AUTHENTIC CASE

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Wants refund because it's not AUTHENTIC CASE

Post by TripleF »

So, this dude wants a refund beacause the scales and shield aren't correct.
(he is sending the knife back first).

I reply; Ok,so you know CASE knives that good? Why the hell did you buy it?

His reply: Not knowing case knives that well thought it might be something I hadn't seen.
I'm sorry and apologize. Knife is in the mail expect Friday.

Me: So, let me get this.....you don't know CASE knives all that well, but you know this one isn't right? What if you're wrong since
you "don't know case knives that well?"

LOL....as they say.....you can't fix stupid!!!
Attachments
IMG_0910.JPG
IMG_0906.JPG
IMG_0904.JPG
IMG_0903.JPG
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
espn77

Re: Wants refund because it's not AUTHENTIC CASE

Post by espn77 »

At least he was polite in his response. ::shrug::
jlw257

Post by jlw257 »

Knife looks okay, after you get the knife back, refund him and then resale it again. Life goes on ::tu:: ::tu::
Larry W

Happiness is looking for XX Case Red Stag Knives
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

And ya ask me why I hate selling?
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

jlw257 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:52 am Knife looks okay, after you get the knife back, refund him and then resale it again. Life goes on ::tu:: ::tu::
ZACKLY!!!! ::tu:: ::tu::
SCOTT

herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Anymore, when I sell a bunch of knives (or anything else) on the bay, I assume I'm gonna get one of these jerks. I can't resist asking them why they didn't just ask their questions before bidding. What really gets me are the idiots that try to tell me they didn't place the bid, it was a computer glitch, or some other stupid excuse instead of just saying they are having buyer's remorse. I actually had one recently that told me there was too much information in the auction description, so he didn't bother reading it. Like Larry said, just give the refund and move on. But, every time I do that, my last step is to block that person. Easy to do, and I must have over 100 blocked bidders on my list! :x
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

herbva wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:19 pm Anymore, when I sell a bunch of knives (or anything else) on the bay, I assume I'm gonna get one of these jerks. I can't resist asking them why they didn't just ask their questions before bidding. What really gets me are the idiots that try to tell me they didn't place the bid, it was a computer glitch, or some other stupid excuse instead of just saying they are having buyer's remorse. I actually had one recently that told me there was too much information in the auction description, so he didn't bother reading it. Like Larry said, just give the refund and move on. But, every time I do that, my last step is to block that person. Easy to do, and I must have over 100 blocked bidders on my list! :x
I to, block that person. Good point!!! ::tu::
SCOTT

XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

herbva wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:19 pm I actually had one recently that told me there was too much information in the auction description, so he didn't bother reading it.
There can never be too much information. :roll:

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

When I was buying on eBay, the only knife I ever returned was a Case 61048 advertised as bone, looked like bone in the pictures but when I got it I realized it was Delrin. Both the seller and I were courteous about the situation and my money was refunded promptly. Not sure if this person ever relisted it correctly, but you guys know how that Case Delrin can throw you sometimes.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

I know what you are saying Mike.

I have sold most of my items on eBay ( which are actually non-knives) with a no return policy.

Perhaps I lost a few customers, but at least there is no further hassle. I did have one recent
person who bid but never paid...........

Bob
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Sorry that happened to you Scott. :(
I have been an eBay member since 1998. Not a big time seller or buyer, however in the early days of eBay if I sold anything the buyer would pay by cash or personal check only. Never had one problem, than the early 21st century came around and things changed drastically, and not for the better.
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

rea1eye wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:21 pm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I did have one recent
person who bid but never paid...........

Bob
I have had several of those and I always block them. There is nothing to keep them from changing their name and jumping back in. If I catch them doing that, I contact eBay and I think they are placed on suspension by the bay. It is not a coincidence that most of those non-paying bidders have very low feedback numbers (0-9 or 10). I have tried to find a way to block zero feedback bidders but cannot do so. I tried writing an eBay message to the zero feedback bidders requesting a return message assuring me that they win, they promise to pay. Most do not respond. When they do not respond, I used to cancel their bid or bids but I kinda gave up on it. If they do not pay, I just file it thru the eBay procedures to get my fee back, block the non-paying buyer and make a 'second chance' offer to the 2nd high bidder. Those are rarely accepted and I then re-list the knife.
It is all a pain in the arse but just a part of the adventure of selling on the Bay.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Some people seem to simply not understand how an ebay auction works. If I make a bid, I am saying that I am willing to pay anything up to & including the maximum amount of my bid. If you aren't willing to pay $100 for the item, then don't bid $100. It is just not that difficult of a concept!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

TripleF wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:15 am So, this dude wants a refund beacause the scales and shield aren't correct.
(he is sending the knife back first).

I reply; Ok,so you know CASE knives that good? Why the hell did you buy it?

His reply: Not knowing case knives that well thought it might be something I hadn't seen.
I'm sorry and apologize. Knife is in the mail expect Friday.

Me: So, let me get this.....you don't know CASE knives all that well, but you know this one isn't right? What if you're wrong since
you "don't know case knives that well?"

LOL....as they say.....you can't fix stupid!!!

He's right about the knife not looking right as that bone is not correct for that tang stamp. What the knife looks like to me is that it was sent to case in recent years and they put new bone handles on it, likely because the original handles were broken. This is a service that case still provides and is not unusual to see.

If this conversation went exactly as you have quoted it then it seems like he was polite and apologetic about the return and you were rude to him for no reason. Seems like an honest mistake on his part. Did the listing accept returns?
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

And I had a guy contact me who's been a Case dealer authenticater for 48 years, says it's legit.
SCOTT

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”