RIP Neal Peart

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
abrowe

RIP Neal Peart

Post by abrowe »

Neil Peart the drummer from Rush passed away today at age of 67. The rumour is brain cancer.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: RIP Neal Peart

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Really sorry to learn of that. Cancer is a terrible disease.

I met him and his band mates several years ago at a Texas Rangers baseball game. Really nice guys and big baseball fans. They were seated directly in front of my wife and me - we were enjoying the game and talking baseball with them. We didn’t know who they were until people kept coming and asking for autographs. They were very apologetic about it (autograph seekers kept bothering them and were blocking our view). They finally moved up onto the concourse behind us to sign autographs and eventually left the game because their fans wouldn’t leave them alone. Felt sorry for them.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

One of the greatest rock drummers of all time. I had the privilege of seeing Rush in 2004 from the third row of the Hollywood Bowl!

Cr@ppy cell phone pic of Getty Lee:
getty.jpg
getty.jpg (39.26 KiB) Viewed 1469 times
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

RIP,one of the best.Saw them in about 1980. ::pray::
Roger
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Sad news indeed. I saw them in concert for the first time in 1976 and I've been a fan ever since. In fact, they've been my favorite band of all time since that first concert.

I've got all of their studio albums, most of their live albums, and some of their "best of" albums. It might sound funny but when I sip Single Malt Scotch I drink The Macallan because that's what Neil Peart drank and I thought I'd give it a try. My wife says I can name any Rush song on the first three notes but she's stretching the truth a bit. Yep, a fanboy to the core.

I would not be the person I am today without the decades of inspiration from these incredibly talented gentlemen.

Sure wish I had a pic of Neil but I don't.

Thank you, Neil for a lifetime of inspiration. May you rest in peace.
Attachments
Counterparts Tour 1994. 4th Row Seats
Counterparts Tour 1994. 4th Row Seats
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

A friend of mine who is an over the road truck driver saw this billboard in Bloomington, Illinois.
Attachments
Neil Peart.jpg
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”