CORONAVIRUS Safety

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
samb1955

Re: CORONAVIRUS Safety

Post by samb1955 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:08 pm !cid_17113917b8c4ce8e91.jpg
Good one! I was at the Dollar store today and the clerk asked me if I wanted the receipt, I told him to throw it in the bag I'll use it for toliot paper. He gave me a funny look threw it in the bag and started laughing.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

An item in our local news today stated that one of our local hospitals is recruiting people such as quilters to produce washable reusable cotton masks for the hospital. They published a pattern with the dimensions to make them in two sizes.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

In NY they are now using vitamin C in the hospitals. This follows the high level of success achieved in China with C. C is a strong anti-viral and keeping your levels up is one of the most important measures we can take to support our immune system.

' "Breaking News: COVID-19 patients getting vitamin C therapy in N.Y. hospitals
New York doctors express optimism over a vitamin therapy given to COVID-19 patients
Earlier reports out of China indicate that high amounts of vitamin C – delivered intravenously – have been effective in managing COVID-19 cases. Critical care doctors from New York have taken note, and in some places are reportedly administering 1,500 milligrams of intravenous vitamin C – three to four times per day – to confirmed COVID-19 patients.

Healthcare providers reportedly have seen significant improvement in patients taking this vitamin C therapy compared to other patients who haven’t received high amounts of this potent antiviral and antioxidant nutrient.

How much vitamin C is enough? Well, let’s say this: it’s way more than the “recommended dietary allowance” of 75 to 90 mg for adult women and men, respectively. Basically, the report suggests that doctors are giving 1,500 mg of vitamin C – 4 times per day.

And, according to many vitamin C experts, the reason for any “vitamin C success” is due to its frequency of administration – throughout the day. To overcome any intense bacterial or viral infection, it’s very important that critically ill patients receive consistent amounts of this lifesaving vitamin, on a regular basis until symptoms are gone."
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:16 pm An item in our local news today stated that one of our local hospitals is recruiting people such as quilters to produce washable reusable cotton masks for the hospital. They published a pattern with the dimensions to make them in two sizes.
My wife is a clinical nurse and she sews..... She made a batch last weekend and gave them out to the ones in her department Monday.....
Some were really cool.
There was one that made you look like you had a mustache when you put it on.....

:D
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

One of my cousin's loves to sew. She made a t-shirt quilt for me and one for another cousin and she made a burp pad & bib set for me to give to my expecting Granddaughter and Niece. She is now turning out some masks. Sounds like everyone is pitching in.

The burp pad and bib.
Attachments
USMC Burp and Bib.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Quick Steel wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:01 pm In NY they are now using vitamin C in the hospitals. This follows the high level of success achieved in China with C. C is a strong anti-viral and keeping your levels up is one of the most important measures we can take to support our immune system.

' "Breaking News: COVID-19 patients getting vitamin C therapy in N.Y. hospitals
New York doctors express optimism over a vitamin therapy given to COVID-19 patients
Earlier reports out of China indicate that high amounts of vitamin C – delivered intravenously – have been effective in managing COVID-19 cases. Critical care doctors from New York have taken note, and in some places are reportedly administering 1,500 milligrams of intravenous vitamin C – three to four times per day – to confirmed COVID-19 patients.

Healthcare providers reportedly have seen significant improvement in patients taking this vitamin C therapy compared to other patients who haven’t received high amounts of this potent antiviral and antioxidant nutrient.

How much vitamin C is enough? Well, let’s say this: it’s way more than the “recommended dietary allowance” of 75 to 90 mg for adult women and men, respectively. Basically, the report suggests that doctors are giving 1,500 mg of vitamin C – 4 times per day.

And, according to many vitamin C experts, the reason for any “vitamin C success” is due to its frequency of administration – throughout the day. To overcome any intense bacterial or viral infection, it’s very important that critically ill patients receive consistent amounts of this lifesaving vitamin, on a regular basis until symptoms are gone."
I heard that report a while back. I take a men's over 50 multivitamin, but started taking a vitamin C tablet along with the multivitamin. Puts me at 800 mg per day. I figure can't hurt, might help.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Steve, Because C is a water-soluble vitamin, like Bs and others, it has to be renewed with some frequency as it will be dissipated after a couple of hours. It would be desirable to take the C several times during the day dividing your doses. Just a thought.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

jerryd6818 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:08 pm !cid_17113917b8c4ce8e91.jpg
...PRICELESS!!!!!....... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .............
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Quick Steel wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:31 pm Steve, Because C is a water-soluble vitamin, like Bs and others, it has to be renewed with some frequency as it will be dissipated after a couple of hours. It would be desirable to take the C several times during the day dividing your doses. Just a thought.
A wise thought it is. ::tu::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Everyone should take a vitamin C supplement every day. I take 1000mg / day, and have for over 15 years. I've only had one bad cold in those years...and more than likely, it was more than a cold.

With that said: China has captured 90% of the U.S. market for vitamin C. China is the major manufacturer of all prescription drugs sold in America...they've cornered the market. Hence, their threat against the U.S. a week ago to stop production if the U.S. doesn't cow-tow down to their desires. This is communism working at its best. I personally believe China allowed this virus to spread on purpose. They hid the information about it for almost two months. By then, it was too late...and then, they tried to blame the U.S. for causing it. :roll:

Stock up while you can...one never knows when China will cease production. ::paranoid::

Read this article to be informed:

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... plies.html

American Thinker is one of the very few news worthy sites that still tell it like it is. Some of you may already know this.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

I can see it now - vitamin C is going to be the new toilet paper/hand sanitizer blitz.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Checked the neighborhood grocery store today when I went for milk. No vitamin C on the shelves. However, I was able to buy oranges.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I always wear a hat when outside, in summertime often a baseball cap. They get sweaty and dirty so I put them through the dishwasher in the top rack, and put them outside to dry afterward. They usually come out looking like new. ::super_happy:: (I did have one of the cheaper “gimme” caps color fade though -YMMV.)

Today my wife commented that she wondered why they couldn’t do the same with those N-95 masks, with the dishwasher set on “sanitize”. I figure there must be some reason else they’d be doing it. ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

The desire to obtain a supplement called Quercetin has exploded. Checking the many suppliers on Amazon, all are out and have varying wait times but usually of a couple of weeks. Quercetin is a nutrient found in a variety of foods, e.g. apples and onions. In the laboratory, Quercetin has proven fatal to the Covid-19 virus. Hence the demand for it. But what happens in a lab setting or petri dish does not always translate into the human domain. More tests are now being run including with humans. But there is much optimism that quercetin will be a game-changer vs. the virus. The need for a concentrated supplement is that to reach a therapeutic dose using only food is virtually impossible in any practical sense.

I have been using quercetin for some time, but I am smack in the bullseye of susceptibility to the corona virus. Italy is now at the point where in some places doctors will not treat anyone over 60. ::uc:: This is brought about by the lack of staff and medical equipment. Your circumstances and decisions will vary.
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

Well, since I like apples and onions, I guess I'll add more to my diet. Can't hurt.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Here's an excellent youtube video that offers the best, most detailed information about this Coronavirus outbreak , what it does to those who contract it, and why this is such a huge problem we are facing. It's a little lengthy but I think it would be time well spent if you want to have a fuller grasp about this disease and what sets it apart from "the flu". Some of the language is a little salty, so be forewarned about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J0d59d ... mWO54VEw0Q
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thanks for posting this Phil. It is sobering.
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

The only thing I have done with this is add line feeds for readability and added the Farenheit value.

More useful information on C19
This was written by a Swiss chemist:

• A virus is not a living organism, but only a molecule of protein (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipids (fats), that upon being absorbed by ocular, nasal and mouth mucosa cells changes the genetic code of the cells and converts them into aggressor and multiplier cells.

• Since the virus is not a living organism but rather a molecule of protein, it doesn’t die but rather disintegrates on its own. The length of time it takes to disintegrate depends on temperature, humidity and the type of material where is sits.

• The virus is very fragile, the only thing that protects it is a thin external layer of fat. That’s why any soap or detergent is the best remedy because suds break down grease/fats (that’s why you have to suds up for 20 seconds or more in order to make a lot of suds). Once the layer of fat is dissolved, the molecule of protein falls apart and disintegrates on its own.

• HEAT melts grease, that is why it is best to use water that is at least 25 degrees centigrade (77 degrees Farenheit) to wash your hands, clothes, etc. Besides, hot water makes more suds and that is good.

• Alcohol or any mixture of alcohol at more than 65% will dissolve any grease/fats, especially the outer fat layer of the virus.

• Any mixture of 1 part clorox and 5 parts water dissolve directly the protein, which kills it from the inside.

• Oxidized water can be used besides soap, alcohol, and clorox because peroxide dissolves the protein of the virus, but you have to use it alone and it damages the skin.

• NO BACTERIACIDE WORKS. Since the virus is not a living organism, you can’t kill anything that is not alive with antibiotics, except to rapidly disintegrate its structure with everything mentioned above.

• NEVER shake clothes you have worn (or not worn) nor sheets or anything made of cloth. As long as it is stuck to a porous surface, it is inert and will disintegrate in 3 hours (cloth and porous surfaces) 4 hours (copper which is naturally antiseptic and wood because it pulls away all of the humidity and it stays stuck and disintegrates), 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic). Don’t dust or use a duster as the molecules of the virus will float in the air for up to 3 hours and can lodge in the nose.

• The molecules of the virus are very stable in outdoor cold, air conditioning in houses and cars. It needs humidity to be stable and also darkness. Therefore, in environments that are dehumidified, dry, and with a lot of light will disintegrate it more rapidly.

• ULTRAVIOLET LIGHT on any object where it can land will disintegrate the protein of the virus. For example, it is perfect to disinfect and be able to reuse a mask. Careful as it also disintegrates the protein in the skin (collagen) and can cause big wrinkles and skin cancer.

• No virus can go through healthy skin.

• Vinegar does not work because it doesn’t dissolve the protective layer of grease.

• NO FIREWATER OR VODKA work. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol and you need at least 65%.

• LISTERINE DOES WORK! It is 65% alcohol.

• The more confined space the virus is in, the more concentrated it becomes. Open air and natural ventilation are the best.

• It is imperative to wash your hands before and after touching mucous areas, food, knobs, light switches, remote controls, cell phones, watches, computers, desks, TVs etc. And when after using the toilet.

• You need to use lotion on your dry hands, because the molecules can hide in tiny cracks. The thicker the cream, the better. Also keep your fingernails short! so the virus can’t hide in there either.
eveled

Post by eveled »

Great post. Thank you. Good to know about the lotion, never thought about that. My wife heard rings can hide it too.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Limiting the number of people in the store.
This at Wegmans here in Jersey.
Attachments
20200330_090141.jpg
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Everclear is 190 proof/95% alcohol
Ike
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

A little bit of levity and humor. :D Sometimes, one just needs to smile and laugh at humanity and life.
Attachments
KEEP WATCHING THE NEWS.jpg
RUINED PLANS.jpg
COOTIES.jpg
LEARNING.jpg
THE CORONIALS.jpg
PAVE THE ROADS.jpg
LIFE.jpg
KIDNEY STONE.jpg
GOLIATH IN FRONT OF YOU.jpg
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Thanks for the laugh, LJ :lol:

Some good ones there that really hit the mark.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

These are excellent: Funny and mostly true. ::tu::

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”