It's in the Mail, Off Topic Style

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: It's in the Mail, Off Topic Style

Post by Railsplitter »

Jerry, with any luck you'll skate by on about $999,999. Maybe a little less. :mrgreen: Seriously though, sorry that happened to you.

Like many folks these days, I've been riding my bicycle a lot more than I normally do. I figured it's about time I start wearing a helmet. Got this Giro Register on the way. I've also included a picture of my Specialized Crossroads but it's not in the mail. I've had it since 1999.
Attachments
Giro Register.jpeg
IMG_5377.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Cheap Matchbox lot, $7 shipped from eBay. Euclid dump truck and Dodge Kew COE cattle truck are 1960s made in England. Ambulance is modern Thailand made, from 2012. I bought it for the Dodge, as my existing one is missing the rear door. Still missing a black plastic bull, but painted ones with the same scale (1/76) are sold as model railroad accessories. I already have the Euclid in roughly equal condition. Ambulance is a little too new for my standards in loose, played with condition.
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg (25.02 KiB) Viewed 3483 times
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:06 pm They arrived this afternoon as expected. The luggage tag is well worth the Shekel's I paid for it (under $10 - it's leather).
On the other hand, they sent me a cover for an LG K10. My phone is a K30 and stuff like one of the buttons and the speaker holes are in a different place. Sugar Booger. ::facepalm:: Now comes the tussle to get it sent back and the correct one delivered. A $7 case is going to end up costing me a million dollars. :x
I know y'all are dying to find out what happened with my phone case. :lol:
I tried to send it back but the seller was adamant that they had sold the proper case and the reason it didn't fit is because my phone is a K30-2019. I had to get eBay involved. EBay refunded my money and the K10 Case is still laying here. In the meantime I found one that fit on Amazon and had my daughter order it on her Prime account (using my credit card). It fits like it was made for it. Oh maybe that's because it was made for it.

And BTW, Linnea loved the luggage tag. Got me an atta-boy there. (snaps suspenders)
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Saw this one in an SMKW ad and since I only have 2 of them I decided to buy this one. Here is their description:

"The Opinel 8 130th Anniversary Limited Edition celebrates Opinel's storied history, bringing a modern design sensibility to the iconic pocket knife Joseph Opinel first designed in 1890. It's one of only 500 made available in the USA and 13,000 worldwide. Each knife has been serialized for authenticity, and it comes with a commemorative collector's box. This knife features an anodized 3.28" 12C27 Modified stainless-steel clip point blade that securely locks with an anodized Virobloc Safety Ring locking collar. The handle is embellished French Hornbeam. It's 4.31" closed, 7.59" overall, and weighs about 1.6oz."
130th-Anniversary-Edition-Opinel-No-8-FB.jpg
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

psssst....David
This is "Off Topic Style", for other than knives. Try here ---> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46672
:D
Good looking knife, by the way. ::tu::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Steve Warden wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:54 pm psssst....David
This is "Off Topic Style", for other than knives. Try here ---> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46672
I guess it would help if I read the whole title and not be in such a hurry. Thanks pardner. ::handshake::
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Either way, awesome looking Opinel David ::tu:: . Love the overall blacked out finish.

You done good ole boy in my book ::nod:: .
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

dlr110 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:25 pm
Steve Warden wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:54 pm psssst....David
I guess it would help if I read the whole title and not be in such a hurry. Thanks pardner. ::handshake::
Don't worry about it. You're not the only one around here that doesn't read. ::uc::

Nifty knife. ::tu::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Thought it's high time to contribute to the thread...

Here's what I got today.

Stanly Fatmax multi hex key set. They were blowing them out at Canadian Tire, and with my CT rewards, came to the grand total of $11.43 cdn.

Man do I love a good deal in tools! ::ds::

I especially like this one, because each key locks at different angles, so no flopping around (which bugs me to no end on regular ones). And each tip is coated with industrial diamond powder, so should last a long time, for what I use keys for (bike maintenance/repair, and general tasks round the house/shop).
Attachments
DSCN3539.JPG
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Railsplitter wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:03 pm Jerry, with any luck you'll skate by on about $999,999. Maybe a little less. :mrgreen: Seriously though, sorry that happened to you.

Like many folks these days, I've been riding my bicycle a lot more than I normally do. I figured it's about time I start wearing a helmet. Got this Giro Register on the way. I've also included a picture of my Specialized Crossroads but it's not in the mail. I've had it since 1999.
Nice Specialized! I used to cycle A LOT, but the third child came, time was at a premium, yada yada. I need to get back at it. I have a really good TREK/Gary Fisher dealer here and that's mostly what I have. But I did just get a good deal on a Specialized Rock Hopper for my middle boy the other day. It's a late 90's model but he LOVES it.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Hey Wade and Rail,

Wa-da-ya-know, cycling nut here too! ::tu::

Your crossroad's is absolutely mint Rail! I just love me some vintage bikes, and you picked a very good helmet. I have the similar model to that un', just mine contains MIPS, do to the fact I ride rough n' tough mtb terrain/parks. My previous model was the bishop, had it a year, till I cracked it last summer at the bike park :roll: .

Yuppity yup. The Rockhopper is a classic in the mtb world. In a matter-of-fact, they just redesigned this years upcoming model. Totally modernized it to proper xc/singletrack geo/spec. And the prices are excellent for what you get, IMHO.

My 2 bikes are a '17 Norco Fluid Ht.2 (that i'm slowly working on upgrading parts on), and a '15 Giant Seek gravel bike. Out here i really enjoy gravel cycling, and mtbing. Luckily we have a upcoming bike park, 30 mins drive from my place, proper lifts n' all.
Going to be heading down there next week, open house from the 21st to 24th, all for a dollar a day :D .

If you google "Asessippi Resort and ski area" it should come up.

They started turning the resort into a mtb park last year yet, trying to boost business year round, can't blame em'. Super happy they decided to take the jump, saves me from travelling to Whistler (and blowing 5 grand for only a week).

Winston Churchill

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

WillyCamaro wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:08 am Hey Wade and Rail,

Wa-da-ya-know, cycling nut here too! ::tu::

Your crossroad's is absolutely mint Rail! I just love me some vintage bikes, and you picked a very good helmet. I have the similar model to that un', just mine contains MIPS, do to the fact I ride rough n' tough mtb terrain/parks. My previous model was the bishop, had it a year, till I cracked it last summer at the bike park :roll: .

Yuppity yup. The Rockhopper is a classic in the mtb world. In a matter-of-fact, they just redesigned this years upcoming model. Totally modernized it to proper xc/singletrack geo/spec. And the prices are excellent for what you get, IMHO.

My 2 bikes are a '17 Norco Fluid Ht.2 (that i'm slowly working on upgrading parts on), and a '15 Giant Seek gravel bike. Out here i really enjoy gravel cycling, and mtbing. Luckily we have a upcoming bike park, 30 mins drive from my place, proper lifts n' all.
Going to be heading down there next week, open house from the 21st to 24th, all for a dollar a day :D .

If you google "Asessippi Resort and ski area" it should come up.

They started turning the resort into a mtb park last year yet, trying to boost business year round, can't blame em'. Super happy they decided to take the jump, saves me from travelling to Whistler (and blowing 5 grand for only a week).

Rofl. My boy would love to go to Whistler. Not me, I’m a big chicken.

I have three that I need to dust off and get my Clyde self back on. My tooling around bike is an older Gary Fisher Nirvana from before they cheaped it up. Great bike for taking it easy, although it’ll scoot on the road and is doable for gravel trails. My MT bike is a Gary Fisher Wahoo. It’s a beast and much more capable that I’ll ever make full use of. On the trails at Mammoth Cave National Park it’s a hoot. My road bike is an old steel Peugeot that’s been completely upgraded with a standard threaded bottom bracket and Campy triple crank and 8 speed cassette. It still has the old friction shifters but I kinda like em. Steel is real! When it cools down a bit and the humidity goes down I intend to get back at it!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

It just dawned on me. With all this bike talk we have successfully (tongue in cheek) “derailed” this thread with all the bike talk!

(You cyclists will get that one.)
Robert E. Lee
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

::tu::
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Todays "mail" call.

Picked up a new phone, needed call display/more options for my business.

While I was snooping round the tool section, came across more discount tools ::ds:: .

Been needing a new wire cutter, and they had a bunch of these hanging there for 8 bucks. Can't beat a pair of, better quality snipers, at that price :D .
Attachments
DSCN3565.JPG
DSCN3566.JPG
Winston Churchill

edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

WillyCamaro wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:59 am Todays "mail" call.

Picked up a new phone, needed call display/more options for my business.

While I was snooping round the tool section, came across more discount tools ::ds:: .

Been needing a new wire cutter, and they had a bunch of these hanging there for 8 bucks. Can't beat a pair of, better quality snipers, at that price :D .
Willy, you keep talking about your new business venture, but I don't think you've told us what it is.
Is it a secret? ::hmm::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Yesssss, a secret my precious, a secret... ::sneaky:: .

:mrgreen:

Short answer to a long question :roll: , i've started my own Truck N' Tractor supply, Auto & AG parts store, oil dealer, farm machinery dealership, ect. ect.

For as long as I can remember, I've had a real business/entrepreneurial streak, the drive to be self employed. I like being my own boss, working and earning an income for myself (and hopefully, one day, wife and family :wink: ).

So seeing as i'm chronically ill, can't work a regular job, and that i'm farming with my parents, it's the perfect opportunity to run my own business off the farm. And because I was home schooled till I fell ill, I gained many of the skills I needed to be self employed. The down-turn got me interested in business again, after about 2 years of first trying the whole biz. Learned a lot in those 6 months or so, helped prepare me for full time.

So that's it in a nut shell... I'm running my own farm and auto supply, off the farm here in rural, east central, Saskatchewan, Canada.

Thanks for asking edge.

Now back to regular programming :lol: .
Winston Churchill

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Best of luck Willy.. Retired (2017) after being self-employed (house painter) for the past 22yrs. Best thing I ever did.. Again.. Best Wishes!!! ::tu::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

WillyCamaro wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:30 am Yesssss, a secret my precious, a secret... ::sneaky:: .

:mrgreen:

Short answer to a long question :roll: , i've started my own Truck N' Tractor supply, Auto & AG parts store, oil dealer, farm machinery dealership, ect. ect.

For as long as I can remember, I've had a real business/entrepreneurial streak, the drive to be self employed. I like being my own boss, working and earning an income for myself (and hopefully, one day, wife and family :wink: ).

So seeing as i'm chronically ill, can't work a regular job, and that i'm farming with my parents, it's the perfect opportunity to run my own business off the farm. And because I was home schooled till I fell ill, I gained many of the skills I needed to be self employed. The down-turn got me interested in business again, after about 2 years of first trying the whole biz. Learned a lot in those 6 months or so, helped prepare me for full time.

So that's it in a nut shell... I'm running my own farm and auto supply, off the farm here in rural, east central, Saskatchewan, Canada.

Thanks for asking edge.

Now back to regular programming :lol: .
Sounds interesting.
I wish you the best of luck in your business.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Thank ye mates, really appreciate it ::handshake:: .
Winston Churchill

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Wishing you GREAT success in your endeavors, Willy. You have great personality and character which only enhances your goals and dreams.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

A good ag supply store is a wonderful thing. I love the ones that don't seem to have a huge amount of anything, but whenever you go there, they always seem to have EXACTLY what you need.

Good luck Will!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Way to go Willy! I've knows some local farmers that ran equipment type side businesses off of their farms, many did quite well. You have my best wishes for much success!
Robert E. Lee
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Go get 'em Willy!
May Jesus bless all you put your hands to.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Here's what I have coming in the mail:

IMG_0010_616f3750-b176-4689-860e-be871a9609d7.jpg

It's a Lucky Craft 110 Flash Minnow in "Super Glow Sardine". Lots of youtube videos of guys using it for surf fishing on California beaches, so I'm going to give it a go. It actually glows in the dark! Expensive little bugger - I hope I don't lose it on the first cast!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”