It's in the Mail, Off Topic Style

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Steve Warden

It's in the Mail, Off Topic Style

Post by Steve Warden »

Well, we have an "It's in the Mail" thread for knives.
Didn't find anything here in the "General Off Topic Discussion" where we can get excited about what we have coming in the mail.
So here it is! Please share what you can't wait to have delivered!

Not really in the mail, but waiting for me at the gun shop while they do their background check.
(for those who may remember, I just got my handgun permit a couple days ago after the NJ State Police did their background check. Now the shop had to do one for another $16 out of my pocket. Oh, well. I hear California is worse. Sorry, guys)
Should get a call in a day or two to pick it up.
wild west.jpg
Uberti 1873 Cattleman El Patron .357
I was originally looking for the Cattleman as it is a bit cheaper. The first shop I went to didn't have any, would have to back order, and had no idea how long that would take. The second shop didn't have the Cattleman, but did have the El Patron, so I jumped on it.
Getting home to do a little more research on the El Patron led me to discover the El Patron is just a souped up, tuned up, racier version of the Cattleman. I'm stoked!! ::ds:: ::ds::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
TPK

Re: It's in the Mail, Off Topic Style

Post by TPK »

Steve Warden wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:47 pm Well, we have an "It's in the Mail" thread for knives.
Didn't find anything here in the "General Off Topic Discussion" where we can get excited about what we have coming in the mail.
So here it is! Please share what you can't wait to have delivered!

Not really in the mail, but waiting for me at the gun shop while they do their background check.
(for those who may remember, I just got my handgun permit a couple days ago after the NJ State Police did their background check. Now the shop had to do one for another $16 out of my pocket. Oh, well. I hear California is worse. Sorry, guys)
Should get a call in a day or two to pick it up.
wild west.jpg
Uberti 1873 Cattleman El Patron .357
I was originally looking for the Cattleman as it is a bit cheaper. The first shop I went to didn't have any, would have to back order, and had no idea how long that would take. The second shop didn't have the Cattleman, but did have the El Patron, so I jumped on it.
Getting home to do a little more research on the El Patron led me to discover the El Patron is just a souped up, tuned up, racier version of the Cattleman. I'm stoked!! ::ds:: ::ds::
Congratulations Steve! ::handshake:: I am very happy for you! ::nod:: ::super_happy::

And a cool picture! ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

TPK wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:52 pm
Congratulations Steve! ::handshake:: I am very happy for you! ::nod:: ::super_happy::

And a cool picture! ::super_happy::
Thanks Tom! Just a pic from Google Images.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Very nice Steve. I think you'll be very happy with that one. Now all you need is a bench and some reloading equipment!!!! ::nod::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

XX Case XX wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:07 pm Very nice Steve. I think you'll be very happy with that one. Now all you need is a bench and some reloading equipment!!!! ::nod::

But I'm shooting from the hip :wink: , as they say. I may find it cheaper in the long run. Never know until I do a little research.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Fun gun, and .38/.357 is such a versatile round. .38 was cutters are some of my favorites. Happy for you. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::handshake::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Lets give folks a little better idea of what it looks like.
Attachments
wild%20west.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:49 pm Lets give folks a little better idea of what it looks like.
Thanks Jerry! ::handshake:: Much better.
I'll be sure to post up some of my own pics when I get it home.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Since this is off topic, I have two things that are supposed to be delivered today. Exciting stuff, huh? :mrgreen:

Luggage Tag for Linnea. Late birthday present.
Luggage Tag for Linnea.jpg
Cover for my new phone.
Phone Cover.jpg
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:01 pm Since this is off topic, I have two things that are supposed to be delivered today. Exciting stuff, huh? :mrgreen:

Uh-oh - now you’re gonna haf to take her somewhere. ::sotb::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:23 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:01 pm Since this is off topic, I have two things that are supposed to be delivered today. Exciting stuff, huh? :mrgreen:

Uh-oh - now you’re gonna haf to take her somewhere. ::sotb::

Ken
Got that covered Ken. Already did. Wasn't I a good boy? :mrgreen:
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Making up for the late b-day present? :wink: :lol:
Like that phone cover.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Steve Warden wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:51 pm Making up for the late b-day present? :wink: :lol:
Like that phone cover.
Nah, it's just an addendum to one of the gifts I gave her.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Luggage Tag for Linnea.jpg

Cover for my new phone.
Phone Cover.jpg
Tag looks great!

Even with cases installed, I'm so bad at breaking electronics, I have to go with industrial models. My cellphone is the Kyocera DuraForce Pro 2 and my laptop the General Dynamics GD8200 (well, in part, due to the fact that itis quite compact, has a touch screen, a powerful processor, decent memory, and was under $300 as police surplus). But, the hard drive is very small (128GB, most of which is taken up by Windows 10), and the cooling is bad (it gets hot easily). But, that case one looks pretty slip-proof. I have to keep a wrist strap on my phone.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

They arrived this afternoon as expected. The luggage tag is well worth the Shekel's I paid for it (under $10 - it's leather).
On the other hand, they sent me a cover for an LG K10. My phone is a K30 and stuff like one of the buttons and the speaker holes are in a different place. Sugar Booger. ::facepalm:: Now comes the tussle to get it sent back and the correct one delivered. A $7 case is going to end up costing me a million dollars. :x
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Jerry, with any luck you'll skate by on about $999,999. Maybe a little less. :mrgreen: Seriously though, sorry that happened to you.

Like many folks these days, I've been riding my bicycle a lot more than I normally do. I figured it's about time I start wearing a helmet. Got this Giro Register on the way. I've also included a picture of my Specialized Crossroads but it's not in the mail. I've had it since 1999.
Attachments
Giro Register.jpeg
IMG_5377.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Cheap Matchbox lot, $7 shipped from eBay. Euclid dump truck and Dodge Kew COE cattle truck are 1960s made in England. Ambulance is modern Thailand made, from 2012. I bought it for the Dodge, as my existing one is missing the rear door. Still missing a black plastic bull, but painted ones with the same scale (1/76) are sold as model railroad accessories. I already have the Euclid in roughly equal condition. Ambulance is a little too new for my standards in loose, played with condition.
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg (25.02 KiB) Viewed 3473 times
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:06 pm They arrived this afternoon as expected. The luggage tag is well worth the Shekel's I paid for it (under $10 - it's leather).
On the other hand, they sent me a cover for an LG K10. My phone is a K30 and stuff like one of the buttons and the speaker holes are in a different place. Sugar Booger. ::facepalm:: Now comes the tussle to get it sent back and the correct one delivered. A $7 case is going to end up costing me a million dollars. :x
I know y'all are dying to find out what happened with my phone case. :lol:
I tried to send it back but the seller was adamant that they had sold the proper case and the reason it didn't fit is because my phone is a K30-2019. I had to get eBay involved. EBay refunded my money and the K10 Case is still laying here. In the meantime I found one that fit on Amazon and had my daughter order it on her Prime account (using my credit card). It fits like it was made for it. Oh maybe that's because it was made for it.

And BTW, Linnea loved the luggage tag. Got me an atta-boy there. (snaps suspenders)
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Saw this one in an SMKW ad and since I only have 2 of them I decided to buy this one. Here is their description:

"The Opinel 8 130th Anniversary Limited Edition celebrates Opinel's storied history, bringing a modern design sensibility to the iconic pocket knife Joseph Opinel first designed in 1890. It's one of only 500 made available in the USA and 13,000 worldwide. Each knife has been serialized for authenticity, and it comes with a commemorative collector's box. This knife features an anodized 3.28" 12C27 Modified stainless-steel clip point blade that securely locks with an anodized Virobloc Safety Ring locking collar. The handle is embellished French Hornbeam. It's 4.31" closed, 7.59" overall, and weighs about 1.6oz."
130th-Anniversary-Edition-Opinel-No-8-FB.jpg
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

psssst....David
This is "Off Topic Style", for other than knives. Try here ---> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46672
:D
Good looking knife, by the way. ::tu::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Steve Warden wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:54 pm psssst....David
This is "Off Topic Style", for other than knives. Try here ---> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46672
I guess it would help if I read the whole title and not be in such a hurry. Thanks pardner. ::handshake::
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Either way, awesome looking Opinel David ::tu:: . Love the overall blacked out finish.

You done good ole boy in my book ::nod:: .
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

dlr110 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:25 pm
Steve Warden wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:54 pm psssst....David
I guess it would help if I read the whole title and not be in such a hurry. Thanks pardner. ::handshake::
Don't worry about it. You're not the only one around here that doesn't read. ::uc::

Nifty knife. ::tu::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Thought it's high time to contribute to the thread...

Here's what I got today.

Stanly Fatmax multi hex key set. They were blowing them out at Canadian Tire, and with my CT rewards, came to the grand total of $11.43 cdn.

Man do I love a good deal in tools! ::ds::

I especially like this one, because each key locks at different angles, so no flopping around (which bugs me to no end on regular ones). And each tip is coated with industrial diamond powder, so should last a long time, for what I use keys for (bike maintenance/repair, and general tasks round the house/shop).
Attachments
DSCN3539.JPG
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Railsplitter wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:03 pm Jerry, with any luck you'll skate by on about $999,999. Maybe a little less. :mrgreen: Seriously though, sorry that happened to you.

Like many folks these days, I've been riding my bicycle a lot more than I normally do. I figured it's about time I start wearing a helmet. Got this Giro Register on the way. I've also included a picture of my Specialized Crossroads but it's not in the mail. I've had it since 1999.
Nice Specialized! I used to cycle A LOT, but the third child came, time was at a premium, yada yada. I need to get back at it. I have a really good TREK/Gary Fisher dealer here and that's mostly what I have. But I did just get a good deal on a Specialized Rock Hopper for my middle boy the other day. It's a late 90's model but he LOVES it.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”