90% Just Isn't Good Enough

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

90% Just Isn't Good Enough

Post by bestgear »

My AAPK store has been open for 37 months and in that time I've had buyers from 4 countries other than the U.S. and 45 different states --- but 5 states continue to elude me, specifically Iowa, Montana, Nebraska, Rhode Island and Vermont (these last 2 really hurt being a native New Englander). I have no clue as to why but I'm curious if other AAPK store owners have noticed similar patterns. ::shrug::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 90% Just Isn't Good Enough

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Tom, I have never tracked it by state, so I couldn’t tell you. Is there a benefit to tracking by state, or what do you do w/ that particular information?
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:47 pm Tom, I have never tracked it by state, so I couldn’t tell you. Is there a benefit to tracking by state, or what do you do w/ that particular information?
I'm really just more of a data-geek and it's 1 more piece of data that can be analyzed. If I were looking to travel to a knife show as either a dealer or buyer, I may use data like this to help in my decision making because you can't go them all (when they resume). That said, one of the finest shows I've ever been to is on the Rhode Island border with Connecticut, the NCCA Spring show in Mystic - so that would shoot my data-based decision right out of the water although my #1 sales state is Connecticut....go figure ::nod::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

If I buy something from you, Tom, I will have it sent to my pal John in Billings, Montana. By the way, we folk in Eastern Montana/ NE Wyoming have to travel one thousand miles to the nearest good knife show. Looks like it ain't gonna happen for me. There are no knife clubs in Montana or Wyoming that I am aware of, and damn few people. It is GREAT!!! There are no knife laws and no gun laws; I can carry concealed (without a permit) or otherwise anywhere at any time except courthouses, schools and suchlike. We have been practicing social isolation since the 1880s. I will see what I can do, Tom.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

tongueriver wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:14 pm If I buy something from you, Tom, I will have it sent to my pal John in Billings, Montana.
Heck, give me his address and I'll send him a knife just to say I have a customer in Montana ::paranoid::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

bestgear wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:34 pm
tongueriver wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:14 pm If I buy something from you, Tom, I will have it sent to my pal John in Billings, Montana.
Heck, give me his address and I'll send him a knife just to say I have a customer in Montana ::paranoid::
Haha. Let's wait until I need one; it will eventually happen, no doubt. Say... my mother's people came through New London (1640s) to Norwich to Franklin and then 'get the hell outa there to Ohio and finally to Minnesota and Montana.
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

I'll see what I can do to get Iowa scratched off the list!

Bill

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”