4th. of July.

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
cudgee

4th. of July.

Post by cudgee »

To all the AAPK forum members from America where ever you are, hope you all have a great Fourth of July and holiday season. With things as they are i do not know how you will be able to celebrate, but what ever you have planned have a good time with your family and friends, stay safe and look out for one another. ::handshake::
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 4th. of July.

Post by kennedy knives »

::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Thank you Brother. We here certainly do appreciate that. ::nod::

_________
Mike
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Ditto. Have a happy and safe 4th everyone! ::groove::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Happy early Independence Day to all my friends and brothers south of the border 👋.
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thank you gentlemen, both countrymen and cousins. Up with the rebels!!!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Happy Independence Day gents! We celebrate because our ancestors were not afraid to take on the greatest power on earth at the time. We should remember that in today’s America! OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Be safe ALL !!! ::tu:: ::nod:: ::tu::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

HappyBirthday America ::td:: ::clapping:: ::clapping::
Attachments
IMG_1189.JPG
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
TPK

Post by TPK »

4-th of July 2020

A Wish For You,
Upon A Star,
To All Our Friends,
Near & Far,

If In The States,
Or Wherever You Are,
If At Home,
Or In Your Car,

Stay Safe And Healthy,
Remain Strong,
Better Days,
Will Come Along,

Together We Stand,
Divided We Fall,
To Every Knifer,
Hear My Call,

Keep The Faith,
Walk Proud & Tall,
Stay Hard Like Steel, ::handshake::
God Bless You All !
::nod::

By: Thomas DeVore
July 4-th 2020
Attachments
IMG_20200704_163625.jpg
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

A little something from my unpublished book "Random Thoughts of an Old Man, I'm Right Again."

"Without question, this is still the greatest nation on earth and it’s incumbent on 'we the people'
to stay involved with the process of protecting our freedoms and that every citizen makes their
voices heard by their vote, their service, and the way we live our daily lives. But despite all of
our problems as a country I’m still proud to be an American.

I'm proud of the freedoms we still enjoy and the right to express our opinions about our government
and our elected officials. I’m free to do what I’m doing right now, writing my thoughts and
opinions without the fear of reprisal by a tyrannical dictator or a heavy handed government that
fears an empowered populous.

So, on this, the birthday of one of the greatest nations ever created and bless by God, remember
those that gave it to us and celebrate our right to 'Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.'
Celebrate America and may 'Old Glory' forever wave. Happy birthday America."
20200704_095403.jpg
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Here is a list of some other historical events that occurred on July 4th, from 1776 to 2015.

1776 – American Revolution: The United States Declaration of Independence is adopted by the Second Continental Congress.
1778 – American Revolutionary War: U.S. forces under George Clark capture Kaskaskia during the Illinois campaign.
1802 – At West Point, New York, the United States Military Academy opens.
1803 – The Louisiana Purchase is announced to the U.S. people.
1817 – In Rome, New York, construction on the Erie Canal begins.
1826 – John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, respectively the second and third presidents of the United States, die the same day, on the fiftieth anniversary of the adoption of the United States Declaration of Independence. Adams' last words were, "Thomas Jefferson survives."
1827 – Slavery is abolished in the State of New York.
1831 – Samuel Francis Smith writes "My Country, 'Tis of Thee" for the Boston, Massachusetts July 4 festivities.
1837 – Grand Junction Railway, the world's first long-distance railway, opens between Birmingham and Liverpool.
1838 – The Iowa Territory is organized.
1845 – Henry David Thoreau moves into a small cabin on Walden Pond in Concord, Massachusetts. Thoreau's account of his two years there, Walden, will become a touchstone of the environmental movement.
1855 – The first edition of Walt Whitman's book of poems, Leaves of Grass, is published In Brooklyn.
1862 – Lewis Carroll tells Alice Liddell a story that would grow into Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and its sequels.
1863 – American Civil War: Siege of Vicksburg: Vicksburg, Mississippi surrenders to U.S. forces under Ulysses S. Grant after 47 days of siege. One hundred fifty miles up the Mississippi River, a Confederate army is repulsed at the Battle of Helena, Arkansas.
1863 – American Civil War: The Army of Northern Virginia withdraws from the battlefield after losing the Battle of Gettysburg, signalling an end to the Confederate invasion of U.S. territory.
1879 – Anglo-Zulu War: The Zululand capital of Ulundi is captured by British troops and burned to the ground, ending the war and forcing King Cetshwayo to flee.
1881 – In Alabama, the Tuskegee Institute opens.
1886 – The Canadian Pacific Railway's first scheduled train from Montreal arrives in Port Moody on the Pacific coast, after six days of travel.
1887 – The founder of Pakistan, Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, joins Sindh-Madrasa-tul-Islam, Karachi.
1892 – Western Samoa changes the International Date Line, causing Monday (July 4) to occur twice, resulting in a year with 367 days.
1894 – The short-lived Republic of Hawaii is proclaimed by Sanford B. Dole.
1898 – En route from New York to Le Havre, the SS La Bourgogne collides with another ship and sinks off the coast of Sable Island, with the loss of 549 lives.
1901 – William Howard Taft becomes American governor of the Philippines.
1903 – The Philippine–American War is officially concluded.
1910 – The Johnson–Jeffries riots occur after African-American boxer Jack Johnson knocks out white boxer Jim Jeffries in the 15th round. Between 11 and 26 people are killed and hundreds more injured.
1911 – A massive heat wave strikes the northeastern United States, killing 380 people in eleven days and breaking temperature records in several cities.
1913 – President Woodrow Wilson addresses American Civil War veterans at the Great Reunion of 1913.
1914 – The funeral of Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie takes place in Vienna, six days after their assassinations in Sarajevo.
1918 – Mehmed V died at the age of 73 and Ottoman sultan Mehmed VI ascends to the throne.
1918 – World War I: The Battle of Hamel, a successful attack by the Australian Corps against German positions near the town of Le Hamel on the Western Front.
1918 – Bolsheviks kill Tsar Nicholas II of Russia and his family (Julian calendar date).
1927 – First flight of the Lockheed Vega.
1934 – Leo Szilard patents the chain-reaction design that would later be used in the atomic bomb.
1939 – Lou Gehrig, recently diagnosed with Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, informs a crowd at Yankee Stadium that he considers himself "The luckiest man on the face of the earth", then announces his retirement from major league baseball.
1941 – Nazi crimes against the Polish nation: Nazi troops massacre Polish scientists and writers in the captured Ukrainian city of Lviv.
1941 – World War II: The Burning of the Riga synagogues: The Great Choral Synagogue in German occupied Riga is burnt with 300 Jews locked in the basement.
1942 – World War II: The 250-day Siege of Sevastopol in the Crimea ends when the city falls to Axis forces.
1943 – World War II: The Battle of Kursk, the largest full-scale battle in history and the world's largest tank battle, begins in the village of Prokhorovka.
1943 – World War II: In Gibraltar, a Royal Air Force B-24 Liberator bomber crashes into the sea in an apparent accident moments after takeoff, killing sixteen passengers on board, including general Władysław Sikorski, the commander-in-chief of the Polish Army and the Prime Minister of the Polish government-in-exile; only the pilot survives.
1946 – The Kielce pogrom against Jewish Holocaust survivors in Poland.
1946 – After 381 years of near-continuous colonial rule by various powers, the Philippines attains full independence from the United States.
1947 – The "Indian Independence Bill" is presented before the British House of Commons, proposing the independence of the Provinces of British India into two sovereign countries: India and Pakistan.
1950 – Cold War: Radio Free Europe first broadcasts.
1951 – Cold War: A court in Czechoslovakia sentences American journalist William N. Oatis to ten years in prison on charges of espionage.
1951 – William Shockley announces the invention of the junction transistor.
1960 – Due to the post-Independence Day admission of Hawaii as the 50th U.S. state on August 21, 1959, the 50-star flag of the United States debuts in Philadelphia, almost ten and a half months later (see Flag Acts (United States)).
1961 – On its maiden voyage, the Soviet nuclear-powered submarine K-19 suffers a complete loss of coolant to its reactor. The crew are able to effect repairs, but 22 of them die of radiation poisoning over the following two years.
1966 – U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Freedom of Information Act into United States law. The act went into effect the next year.
1976 – Israeli commandos raid Entebbe airport in Uganda, rescuing all but four of the passengers and crew of an Air France jetliner seized by Palestinian terrorists.
1976 – The U.S. celebrates its Bicentennial.
1977 – The George Jackson Brigade plants a bomb at the main power substation for the Washington state capitol in Olympia, in solidarity with a prison strike at the Walla Walla State Penitentiary Intensive Security Unit.
1982 – Three Iranian diplomats and a journalist are kidnapped in Lebanon by Phalange forces, and their fate remains unknown.
1987 – In France, former Gestapo chief Klaus Barbie (a.k.a. the "Butcher of Lyon") is convicted of crimes against humanity and sentenced to life imprisonment.
1994 – Rwandan genocide: Kigali, the Rwandan capital, is captured by the Rwandan Patriotic Front, ending the genocide in the city.
1997 – NASA's Pathfinder space probe lands on the surface of Mars.
1998 – Japan launches the Nozomi probe to Mars, joining the United States and Russia as a space exploring nation.
2001 – Vladivostock Air Flight 352 crashes on approach to Irkutsk Airport killing all 145 people on board.
2004 – The cornerstone of the Freedom Tower is laid on the World Trade Center site in New York City.
2004 – Greece beats Portugal in the UEFA Euro 2004 Final and becomes European Champion for first time in its history.
2005 – The Deep Impact collider hits the comet Tempel 1.
2006 – Space Shuttle program: Discovery launches STS-121 to the International Space Station. The event gained wide media attention as it was the only shuttle launch in the program's history to occur on the United States' Independence Day.
2009 – The Statue of Liberty's crown reopens to the public after eight years of closure due to security concerns following the September 11 attacks.
2009 – The first of four days of bombings begins on the southern Philippine island group of Mindanao.
2012 – The discovery of particles consistent with the Higgs boson at the Large Hadron Collider is announced at CERN.
2015 – Chile claims its first title in international soccer by defeating Argentina in the 2015 Copa América Final.
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Movies for my July 4th evening. If the Confederate flag image offends anyone, not my problem.
Attachments
image.jpeg

Skip
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Skip.. You made me laugh!!! ::tu:: :lol: ::tu::
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Joey Chestnut ate 75 hotdogs to win his 13th title in the Nathan's contest today. Miki Sudo won the woman's title by eating 48 1/2.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Happy Birthday America!
Being in the heart of where the majority of our independence began (I'm 7.5 miles from Independence Hall), we took a trip out to Valley Forge. Center City Philly would have been a traffic nightmare.
A couple of pics.
Muhlenberg Brigade Encampment
Muhlenberg Brigade Encampment
Washington's Headquarters
Washington's Headquarters
20200704_120221.jpg
Valley Forge was where the troops hunkered down for the winter of 1777-78.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

One of the most humbling experiences I've ever had while traveling was visiting the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia. Great pics of other symbols of our nation's heritage, Steve! ::marine_salute::

Happy birthday America!
Attachments
IMG_20200704_152015__01.jpg
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

jmh58 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:07 pm Skip.. You made me laugh!!! ::tu:: :lol: ::tu::
::tu:: ::handshake::

Skip
TPK

Post by TPK »

Steve Warden wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:24 pm Happy Birthday America!
Being in the heart of where the majority of our independence began (I'm 7.5 miles from Independence Hall), we took a trip out to Valley Forge. Center City Philly would have been a traffic nightmare.
A couple of pics.

Nice pictures Steve! The Grass looks Greener over there! ::nod:: :mrgreen:
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Steve, those pics, wow! I’d love to see that myself, very humbling. I remember as a high school student visiting Mt. Vernon and just being overwhelmed. What an amazing place Valley Forge must be.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Steve Warden wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:24 pm Happy Birthday America!
A couple of pics.
20200704_105417.jpg
20200704_120832.jpg
20200704_120221.jpg
Thanks for the photo's, particularly like the top one, you have a good day and look after yourself my friend. ::handshake::

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”