"Diecast Collecting"

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: "Diecast Collecting"

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Also painted today

Hotwheels Screamin' Hauler
Hotwheels Screamin' Hauler cr 1999 China.jpg
It was dull and scarred and the base color was gray
Looking for the magic penny!
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

I think these wheels do it.
Hotwheels 1940 Ford Coupe (chromet wheels)  cr2001 Mattel Thailand.jpg
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Just Plain Dave wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:25 pm I think these wheels do it.
Hotwheels 1940 Ford Coupe (chromet wheels) cr2001 Mattel Thailand.jpg
👍😎👍 Much better!!
John ✌️
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

jmh58 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:55 pm
Just Plain Dave wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:25 pm I think these wheels do it.
Hotwheels 1940 Ford Coupe (chromet wheels) cr2001 Mattel Thailand.jpg
👍😎👍 Much better!!
John ✌️
You said it John.
She's a looker now mate.
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Got a Matchbox 5 pack of Hybrids and Electric Vehicles.
Fixing to go visit Walmart in Cleveland.
So pics later.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Okay 5 from WM

Crown Jewel Johnny Lightning 1970 Buick GS Stage 1 (1 of 2500 possibly 964) China
Johnny Lightning 1970 Buick GS Stage 1 (1 of 2500) (Possibly # 964) Made in China.jpg
Crown Prince
Hotwheels Premium 1964 Chevy Nova Panel (Fast Wagons) tmGM cr 2014 Mattel Thailand.jpg
Possible dupe
Hotwheels 2020 RAM 1500 Rebel (Baja Blazers) cr2019 Mattel Malaysia.jpg
Something I left behind last time
Hotwheels (Masters of the Universe - He Man) 1988 Mercedes Benz Unimog cr 2018 Mattel Thailand.jpg
Another dupe I think
Hotwheels 1967 Ford GT40 MK IV (HW Race Day) cr 2020 Mattel Malaysia.jpg
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

From two Dollar General Stores

Datsun 510 Wagon different Color
Hotwheels 1971 Datsun 510 Wagon (HW Speed Graphics) different color  2012 Mattel Malaysia.jpg
Mercedes Benz A-Class
Hotwheels 2019 Mercedes Benz A-Class (Nightburnerz) cr 2018 Mattel Malaysia.jpg
Ford Transit Connect
Hotwheels Ford Transit Connect (HW Metro) cr 2019 Mattel Malaysia.jpg
Honda Civic SI
Hotwheels Honda Civic SI blue (Factory Fresh) cr 2000, 2020 Mattel Malaysia.jpg
BMW M3
Hotwheels BMW M3 GT2 (HW Race Day) cr 2011, 2020 Mattel Malaysia.jpg
Dupe from a while back
Hotwheels 1949 Merc (HW Flames) cr 2003 Mattel Malaysia.jpg
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

And the 5 from yesterday

BMW I3
Matchbox 2015 BMW I3 (MB EV & Hybrid 5 pack) cr 2016 Mattel Thailand.jpg
BMW I8
Matchbox 2016 BMW I8 (MB EV & Hybrid 5 pack) cr 2017 Mattel Thailand.jpg
Nissan Leaf
Matchbox 2018 Nissan Leaf (MB EV & Hybrid 5 pack) cr 2018 Mattel Thailand.jpg
Toyota Prius
Matchbox 2009 Toyota Prius (MB EV & Hybrid 5 pack) cr 2015 Mattel Thailand.jpg
eStar Electric Van
Matchbox eStar Electric Van (MB EV & Hybrid 5 pack) cr 2020 Mattel Thailand.jpg
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Just Plain Dave wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:33 pm And the 5 from yesterday

BMW I3
Matchbox 2015 BMW I3 (MB EV & Hybrid 5 pack) cr 2016 Mattel Thailand.jpg

BMW I8
Matchbox 2016 BMW I8 (MB EV & Hybrid 5 pack) cr 2017 Mattel Thailand.jpg

Nissan Leaf
Matchbox 2018 Nissan Leaf (MB EV & Hybrid 5 pack) cr 2018 Mattel Thailand.jpg

Toyota Prius
Matchbox 2009 Toyota Prius (MB EV & Hybrid 5 pack) cr 2015 Mattel Thailand.jpg

eStar Electric Van
Matchbox eStar Electric Van (MB EV & Hybrid 5 pack) cr 2020 Mattel Thailand.jpg
Huh mate,
I hadn't a clue that MBX was coming out with the beamers...
Both of 'em are must have for me.
Thanks for the elert mate.
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

I have three cars from the box swimming in paint remover.
A Corvair, a Road Runner and a 64 Impala.
Pics in a day or three.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I'd like to show off a few of my 1/32 scale tractors. This is my favorite farm toy scale, though like 1/16 I don't own many. It is incredibly popular with European toymakers, such as Britains (owned by ERTL since the 1990s, and we've got a few in the US lineup), Universal Hobbies, and Siku; with SIKU being my personal favorite.

SIKU Fendt 939 VARIO. Ca. 2013-2014 by my records, I purchased a supposed "Siku" tractor (a Fendt 313)that was fake (and I still have; although I've been tempted to throw it out a lot). I had contacted both SIKU and Fendt; as I kinda tend to go medieval when it comes to Chinese counterfeits. Seller eventually called me, mentioning he'd bought a bunch of them at auction and didn't know. Well, about this time also, Fendt said they were in the process of digging into, and cracking down on these "Sikr" fakes, and for the action I chose to take, would be sending me something in the mail. This was before Fendt had much of a presence in the USA. Well, a few weeks later, my folks came in from outside (I was starting college classes that summer) and informed me that UPS had just dropped off a package with AGCO branding on it; from Germany.

This was what was inside. At the time, it was the biggest tractor Fendt produced, and among the biggest SIKU had made. Weighs about two pounds, and is almost entirely diecast.
KIMG4280.JPG
The hood opens, and there are front and rear implements lifts. That's typical with the Britains/SIKU implement systems--and all three have rear lifts, and just the D9005 lacks a front lift/implement coupler (it has a front hitch, however). I own a few pieces of SIKU farm equipment, but most of it's packed up, save for one trailer I've had for years and a baler I just got.
KIMG4285.JPG
KIMG4281.JPG
Removable cab that reveals an incredibly detailed operator's station.
KIMG4288.JPG
I try to save all boxes (blister cards always get thrown in the trash--you can't reuse them; but if they have a data card/spec sheet on them, I always cut that out); and receipts. I did. Box was kept, as was original packaging slip and documentation (various internal printouts, customs forms). And believe it or not, the shipping box still exists. I have farm toys I had to take off the shelves in order to house this monster in that.
KIMG4283.JPG
Looking at the paperwork, the tractor was sent April 30, 2014. I think I ended up getting it late May, early June of that year.
KIMG4282.JPG
Deutz D9005 Produced in the late '60s for just one year, the SIKU model was produced in the mid-2000s. Got it deeply discounted from the time that the last of US stock was being liquidated through various retailers. It's made in Germany. I think most of the others (save the implements, which are all German) were produced in China. I think SIKU, at the time, viewed the "Farmer Classic" series as a bit of a premium line.
KIMG4293.JPG
KIMG4295.JPG
KIMG4294(1).JPG
Fendt Farmer 411. It was produced between 2001 and 2004. It's new to my collection. Just came in on Monday last week. Not bad, but a step below the Deutz and Fendt 939. I think this was late German production, not Chinese.
KIMG4296.JPG
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

ERTL

Narrow Front Sound Gard; 1970s production; USA made. This belonged to a friend of my Dad's who retired and left the area; and gave my Dad a lot of his stuff. It was one of his kids' toys. I found a scale-wise matching wagon (also old USA ERTL) that is Case red, but scale-wise perfect some time back, but seem to have misplaced it. This thing got played with a lot when I was growing up. One of my favorite tractors.
KIMG4311.JPG
Overtime R. Came from the same guy, except this was a personal collection model. Was produced only in 1990. Radiator marked "1990 Special Edition". The Overtime R was licensed European production of the John Deere Waterloo Boy.
KIMG4315(1).JPG
John Deere 3140
KIMG4310.JPG
My grandparents were smart. They didn't let me take off the wire that held the cab on until well into my teenage years. That way, it didn't get lost, and the model stayed complete.
KIMG4309.JPG
This was a dual Britains/ERTL model, but featured the ERTL hitch. I guess the removable cab was trying to keep up with SIKU.

John Deere 6410. I was 4 or 5 when I got this as a Christmas gift from my great-Grandmother.
KIMG4312.JPG

JCB Loadall 550-80. This I've only had about a week. Got it from Ollie's. As with all modern ERTL, it's not that good of quality or construction. Loads of plastic. The arm, implements, most of the body--all plastic. Came with pallet forks, a bale fork, and a bucket. One of the pallet forks broke taking it off to swap to the bale spear. SIKU has a couple of telehandlers, which I'm sure are better. Is this worth the $40 MSRP--heck no. $25 (what I paid), not really. $15-20.
KIMG4319.JPG
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

cody6268 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:07 am I'd like to show off a few of my 1/32 scale tractors.
I enjoy the farm toys...letting the ones I collected in the '90s slip away is something I now regret.
cody6268 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:21 am John Deere 6410. I was 4 or 5 when I got this as a Christmas gift from my great-Grandmother.
None of my childhood toys were treated that well.

I got a Bruder John Deere Gator today. Made of plastic, but Bruder does plastic better than any company producing their wares in China. A couple more Gators should arrive by week's end.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Dan In MI wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:32 am
cody6268 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:07 am I'd like to show off a few of my 1/32 scale tractors.
I enjoy the farm toys...letting the ones I collected in the '90s slip away is something I now regret.
cody6268 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:21 am John Deere 6410. I was 4 or 5 when I got this as a Christmas gift from my great-Grandmother.
None of my childhood toys were treated that well.

I got a Bruder John Deere Gator today. Made of plastic, but Bruder does plastic better than any company producing their wares in China. A couple more Gators should arrive by week's end.
The 1/32s and 1/16s mostly stayed on shelves. It's the 1/64 that have the play wear.

And really affordable as well. I paid $15 post-Christmas sale for the one I have; $30 MSRP. Somewhere around here, I do have a CAT Telehandler by Bruder. While entirely plastic, Bruder uses a tough plastic. While I had to purchase them separately, it can be outfitted with a bucket (came with the telehandler), forks, bale forks, or a winch. And they swap out easily. Bruder also sells the bits that can come off individually. It has dials that control the (four-wheel!) steering, the extension of the boom, the raising/lowering of the boom, and the raising/lowering of the bucket; and not to forget, an opening cab door. All at less of a price than the ERTL; which is half size.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Hotwheels Vairy 8 Corvair
Hotwheels Corvair (Vairy 8) tmGM cr 2002 Mattel Malaysia.jpg
Hotwheels 70 Roadrunner
Hotwheels 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner cr DCC Thailand.jpg

The Corvair is unable to roll because the screw and washer needed to keep it together sticks down below the front wheels.
Something is needed.

The Roadrunner needs something done in the wheel department.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

cody6268 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:39 am [All at less of a price than the ERTL.
I haven't priced out new Ertl pieces, probably because I suspect they'd hugely disappoint me. But I do feel the Bruders are a good value at regular price, and an absolute steal at the price you mentioned. It's also nice to find spare parts without major legwork. Picking up an extra pair of seatbelts for the Gator might be a good idea.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Gator; I paid a little extra to get one with the driver figure.
PSX_20210511_200229.jpg
PSX_20210511_200546.jpg
Just Plain Dave wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:07 am The Roadrunner needs something done in the wheel department.
A set of mags and rubber tires would work nicely.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

I have neither mags nor rubber tires that aren't on something to STAY.
But I do have a silver sharpie....
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Just Plain Dave wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:05 pm I do have a silver sharpie....
That would work just as well.
USN 2000-2006
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Dan In MI wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:14 am
cody6268 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:39 am [All at less of a price than the ERTL.
I haven't priced out new Ertl pieces, probably because I suspect they'd hugely disappoint me. But I do feel the Bruders are a good value at regular price, and an absolute steal at the price you mentioned. It's also nice to find spare parts without major legwork. Picking up an extra pair of seatbelts for the Gator might be a good idea.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Gator; I paid a little extra to get one with the driver figure.

PSX_20210511_200229.jpg

PSX_20210511_200546.jpg
Just Plain Dave wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:07 am The Roadrunner needs something done in the wheel department.
A set of mags and rubber tires would work nicely.
Nice! I've owned a few smaller scale UTVs, but that Gator is really tempting.

The good thing about Bruder is that they are pretty compatible with 3 3/4 to 4 inch action figures. The Bruder figures alone are like $15, a little expensive. I mostly own various ones here and there picked up at discount prices--a few secondhand older GI Joes, some $5 Star Wars Elite Jyn Erso (Walmart was still trying to get rid of them two years after the movie), and a bunch of Lanard The Corps! when I could get them at $4 for a two-pack. The steering wheels, controls, door handles, and grab rails are sturdy enough to easily snap a hand onto them without possibly breaking the lever or rail.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Looks better in Person than the pic but wheels silver
Hotwheels Plymouth Roadrunner Thailand.jpg
the 64 Impala trying to smooth out the rear deck where exhaust pipes came out.
Hotwheels 64 Chevy Impala tmGM cr 2003 Malaysia.jpg
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

I don't seem to have a before picture but it had baseball stiches and such.
With the rivets drilled it is a funny car under the body.
Hotwheels baseball themed Mustang.jpg
Before
Hotwheels Muscle Bound (Muscle Mania) cr 2018 Mattel Malaysia.jpg
After
Hotwheels Muscle Bound repainted (Muscle Mania) cr 2018 Mattel Malaysia.jpg
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Here are a couple I picked up today at an estate sale.Wanted to buy the brand new never fired .50 caliber Desert Eagle but didn't have $2500 on me! :mrgreen:
I have a couple versions of the Merc wagon but this is the first time I've seen this one.Really decent shape except for a couple of the stickers.Eight bux for all of them.The NASCAR racers are N scale.
Attachments
MatchboxSpeedKingsK-46MercuryCommuterFront.JPG
MatchboxSpeedKingsK-46MercuryCommuterRear.JPG
MatchboxSpeedKingsK-46MercuryCommuterInfo.JPG
#5&#6NScaleNASCAR1.JPG
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

knife7knut wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:23 am Here are a couple I picked up today at an estate sale.Wanted to buy the brand new never fired .50 caliber Desert Eagle but didn't have $2500 on me! :mrgreen:
I have a couple versions of the Merc wagon but this is the first time I've seen this one.Really decent shape except for a couple of the stickers.Eight bux for all of them.The NASCAR racers are N scale.

That's the first Mercury wagon I have seen that was not a fire chief's ride. Most of the Superkings I saw were fire units.

I really like those little Racing Champions cars. I have the Mark Martin car. It's amazing that they managed to pack the same amount of detail, interiors, and clear windows as in a 1/64 car into something so small; when Micro Machines never has. Maybe some N scale cars have interiors, but I haven't seen any. Most are far simpler than the fine 1/87 cars and trucks.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Picked up this Siku crane recently for $15. I may have underestimated size and weight. Weighs more than three pounds, and very few parts are plastic.
KIMG4360.JPG
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Dave, the Road Runner looks much better with silver wheels!

Cody, that crane was a good score. They definitely don't make miniature vehicles like they used to. The John Deere Gators I recently picked up illustrate that pretty well. While the Bruder reminds me of a slightly simplified and highly strengthened model kit, the modern Ertl Gators make no bones about being toys and nothing more.
USN 2000-2006

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”