Will you take the Covid Vaccine ?

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
jmh58

Re: Will you take the Covid Vaccine ?

Post by jmh58 »

LJ. We are brothers of a different mother!!!! 👍👍👊👊👍👍
John 🤠
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:41 pm I don’t recall this hype before, but I also don’t recall this many anti-vacsers (is that a word?) either. Nor has there ever been a man-made virus unleashed into the world before. Lots of “firsts” to navigate.

Ken
The anti-vaxers started with claiming that the measles vaccine caused autism. Those people tended to be liberals. Unlike the antis on the Covid vaccine.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Being retired I have been able to spend many hours reading streams of papers written by many doctors and scientists holding distinguished positions in major universities and research centers. Indeed, some of them are well known virologists. They are pro-vaccine, [as am I] some even specializing in viral and vaccine research. Yet in the case of the Covid vaccines they offer grave warnings. Virtually all of this is not allowed entry to the media.

It is difficult to wade through the chemical and biological terminology. But here is a brief extract from one experienced doctor.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Canadian immunologist Dr. Byram Bridle is a pro-vaccine scientist with a serious concern about the COVID-19 vaccines, and in an interview, said that new research shows “we made a big mistake” with the mRNA spike protein vaccines.

We didn’t realize it until now,” Bridle said. “We thought the spike protein was a great target antigen; we never knew the spike protein itself was a toxin and was a pathogenic protein. So, by vaccinating people we are inadvertently inoculating them with a toxin.”

It’s a toxin that can cause cardiovascular damage and infertility, he added.

As an associate professor on viral immunology at the University of Guelph, Bridle is not an outsider looking in: He was awarded a $230,000 government grant for research on COVID vaccine development. And, after looking at the data, he concluded that the spike protein doesn’t just sit in the shoulder muscle where it’s injected, but travels to the body’s organs, including the liver, as well as the spleen, bone marrow, adrenal glands and in “quite high concentrations” in the ovaries.

Lab animals injected with the spike protein developed cardiovascular problems and “Now, we have clear-cut evidence that the vaccines that make the cells in our deltoid muscles manufacture this protein — that the vaccine itself, plus the protein — gets into blood circulation,” Bridle said. “What has been discovered by the scientific community is the spike protein on its own is almost entirely responsible for the damage to the cardiovascular system if it gets into circulation.”
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Many researchers express the concern that in months and years ahead they expect substantial increases in serious illnesses such as Parkinson's, Cancer, heart attacks etc. Studies are indicating that someone who would likely be a candidate for Parkinson's will now experience the symptoms 5 years earlier than would otherwise have happened without the vaccine. Other papers, highly technical, explain that the spike protein trashes our innate immune system.

If these and similar assessments have substantial validity the only recommendation for those vaccinated is to eat nourishing foods, and keep up your vitamin C and D levels using the sun and supplements as needed. And keep your fingers crossed.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I have not seen any evidence that the vaccine does not work. Yes there are cases, actual and anecdotal of people having been vaccinated yet still getting sick. No one ever said the vaccines are 100% effective. The number I’ve seen most is 90-95% effective. Which is about 2X better than the influenza vaccines distributed annually.

Now if you want to argue that COVID vaccines have not been adequately tested and are still “experimental”, I can totally agree with you. I also know there are millions of dead, and millions more recovered but still having affects from having had COVID. (Those reciting the high survival rates may be correct, but I’ve noticed they don’t talk about the numbers of people having residual negative health problems). So I can only logically suppose that those opposing the vaccine because it’s “experimental” would prefer instead that we should have waited until the customary years of clinical trials and double-blind studies are undertaken, results published and peer reviewed. Instead of millions dead there should be tens, or hundreds of millions dead while waiting on those results. ::shrug::

Or I guess they think “let everyone else get vaccinated, and I won’t have to”. Problem is if half the people think the same thing then half the people won’t be vaccinated. ::hmm::

Personally as I’ve stated previously, I got the vaccine early (first dose in December) on advice from both my GP (an internist) and my oncologist. Because of my condition I am a volunteer in a follow up clinical trial with several thousand others, to track and study the after effects of the vaccine within my peer group compared to the general population. So being part of the trial I am receiving reports documenting both populations. It’s early yet in that study but as of today (I just received an update this morning), thus far there are no statistically different results between populations.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Not trying to argue any specific aspect of covid or the vaccine...just presenting a perspective according to what I've researched. The reason I stated the vaccine 'doesn't work' is based on the factual evidence that it ONLY reduces the symptoms if a vaccinated person gets covid. It does not make one immune to covid. The CDC, WHO, NIH, fau-chi have all stated this. What vaccine has never made anyone not immune, but this one, to the extent it doesn't? The only way a person is immune is if they got covid and recovered / survived. How long that immunity lasts is still up for debate, but I've read anywhere from 5 - 17 years. ::shrug::

I know you know all this, so I'm being redundant in saying things I've said before. Not trying to convince you or anyone of anything...just a perspective. And I respect yours and everyone else's right to think, feel and choose regarding vaccination or not. I fully understand that thousands of people are still struggling with the after effects of covid. I wish them all a full recovery, if possible. I further understand that there are people such as yourself, and many others who got vaccinated for a myriad of reasons. I DO NOT fault them for doing so...that is not my intent in providing my perspective. Each and every one of us must decide for ourselves which direction to take.

"Or I guess they think “let everyone else get vaccinated, and I won’t have to”. Problem is if half the people think the same thing then half the people won’t be vaccinated."

I don't believe for one minute that the majority of those who chose not to get the jab is thinking with this mindset. I know I'm not. I chose right from the beginning of this entire fiasco to not take any vaccination...even when Trump was the promoter and pioneer of it with his "Warp Speed Program"...or whatever it was called. It was because 'they' were pushing too hard for a miracle vaccination in four months for something that usually takes 2-5 years to develop. And then, when he didn't retain the Office of the President, and this administration began doing what they're doing, I knew then I had made the right decision. I guess time will tell how all this works out, if it does. But I whole heartedly hope that everyone who got vaccinated does not have some kind of reaction later on down the road of life.

This whole covid / vaccination situation is like a catch-22. Some are damned if they do, others are damned if they don't. And one must decide which one is the greater risk...because neither one of the choices are risk free.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Well stated LJ. I have never had the thought of presuming those who take the jab would keep me safe. What set off alarm bells for when the pandemic showed up was the great governmental push. Sort of a full court press: media, big pharma, government. About the most powerful tool for controlling a population is to induce fear.

Tom Ridge, the first Homeland Security Czar, recently revealed that he resigned the position because the Bush administration kept asking him to declare higher threat levels even though there was no intelligence to justify them.

There is more to be said but I must stop here or run the risk of taking too much of other's time. My prayer is that our nation may get thru this latest challenge and that as many as possible will maintain or regain their health. Further, that all those who wish harm to our country will be confounded in their plans.
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

I concur totally, Garry. ::tu:: Thanks for your input and insight. And to all those who provide insight and information, no matter what stance one takes or has taken. ::handshake::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

By the way LJ, "Fau Chi" is a priceless gem. Cracked me up the first time you used it.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

No matter how many times we debate this. There will be those that got jabbed and those that ain’t gonna!!👊
John 🤠

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

KLJ77 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:45 pm Not trying to argue any specific aspect of covid or the vaccine...just presenting a perspective according to what I've researched. The reason I stated the vaccine 'doesn't work' is based on the factual evidence that it ONLY reduces the symptoms if a vaccinated person gets covid. It does not make one immune to covid. The CDC, WHO, NIH, fau-chi have all stated this. What vaccine has never made anyone not immune, but this one, to the extent it doesn't? The only way a person is immune is if they got covid and recovered / survived. How long that immunity lasts is still up for debate, but I've read anywhere from 5 - 17 years. ::shrug::

I know you know all this, so I'm being redundant in saying things I've said before. Not trying to convince you or anyone of anything...just a perspective. And I respect yours and everyone else's right to think, feel and choose regarding vaccination or not. I fully understand that thousands of people are still struggling with the after effects of covid. I wish them all a full recovery, if possible. I further understand that there are people such as yourself, and many others who got vaccinated for a myriad of reasons. I DO NOT fault them for doing so...that is not my intent in providing my perspective. Each and every one of us must decide for ourselves which direction to take.

"Or I guess they think “let everyone else get vaccinated, and I won’t have to”. Problem is if half the people think the same thing then half the people won’t be vaccinated."

I don't believe for one minute that the majority of those who chose not to get the jab is thinking with this mindset. I know I'm not. I chose right from the beginning of this entire fiasco to not take any vaccination...even when Trump was the promoter and pioneer of it with his "Warp Speed Program"...or whatever it was called. It was because 'they' were pushing too hard for a miracle vaccination in four months for something that usually takes 2-5 years to develop. And then, when he didn't retain the Office of the President, and this administration began doing what they're doing, I knew then I had made the right decision. I guess time will tell how all this works out, if it does. But I whole heartedly hope that everyone who got vaccinated does not have some kind of reaction later on down the road of life.

This whole covid / vaccination situation is like a catch-22. Some are damned if they do, others are damned if they don't. And one must decide which one is the greater risk...because neither one of the choices are risk free.
So LJ, you’re saying the vaccine doesn’t work because you can still get the disease, you just won’t get as sick or die. If that’s the definition of “it doesn’t work”, well sign me up for not getting sick and dying!! :lol: We’re playing games with semantics and the definition of what “works” means. ::facepalm:: Vaccines do “work”, as demonstrated by polio, measles, mumps, smallpox, tuberculosis, pertussis, some types of hepatitis and pneumonia, and on and on. Those diseases, both those viral- and those bacteria-caused, have been virtually eradicated because vaccines “work”.

BTW I’d appreciate if you can cite your source for
There has NEVER been a vaccination shot with the thousands of recorded deaths & injurious side effects as this vaccine has been responsible for. (a first) In the past, if a vaccine resulted in even 50 deaths, it was shut down and NOT given.
I specifically recall they pulled the J&J vaccine temporarily because of 6 deaths reported amongst 7.2 million people vaccinated. So if the statement about”thousands of recorded deaths” is true I’d like to know the source, where it has happened and from which vaccine?

Here’s information from the Mayo Clinic website: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... t-20484859 Recommend everyone go there, and if you do nothing else scroll down and watch the quick video.

Like you said (we agree), I don’t care if anyone else decides to get vaccinated or not. I do question most of the info people read on the internet and repeat. Let’s hope that doctor you cited has more credibility than Dr. Fau Chi, who on paper has great credentials also. And whom apparently neither of us believe. ::handshake::

As John said, it’s doubtful anyone who at this point has decided whether or not to get the vaccine, is going to change their already-made-up mind based on what is said on a pocket knife forum. Doing your own research is great. Then, as I have repeatedly advised in this thread, talk to your doctor about your particular circumstance. Thanks for hoping those who got vaccinated don’t have some kind of reaction later. I also hope those who choose not to get vaccinated don’t get Covid and have long lasting complications from having had it.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

"BTW I’d appreciate if you can cite your source for

There has NEVER been a vaccination shot with the thousands of recorded deaths & injurious side effects as this vaccine has been responsible for. (a first) In the past, if a vaccine resulted in even 50 deaths, it was shut down and NOT given."

Here's the video of Dr. Peter McCullough presenting how covid treatment was suppressed, along with other factual insight. It's an hour and forty-five minutes long and very insightful. However, if one doesn't want to take that kind of time, then go to the one hour, 30 minute mark and listen to the last 15 minutes.

https://rumble.com/vhp7y5-full-intervie ... ccine.html
LJ

Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Yes, over 4,000 people have died that had received the Covid vaccine. But did they die BECAUSE of the vaccine? Lord only knows.
The good Dr. in the video is really reaching with his conspiracy theories.
I prefer to get my medical advice from Mayo Clinic.
Heck, Google already knows more about us.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

In response to the original question asked in the header of this thread: NO. It is a personal choice and I will leave it at that.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Got my 3rd (booster) shot today at Wal Mart, no problems.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

In spite of all the scare tactics and propaganda, it's still a hard NO!

Have any of you that follow sports noticed that in the jam packed stands, folks are not wearing the "recommended" masks and yet we're not seeing the predicted drastic results of such irresponsible behavior (My, my, you wild and crazy sports fans). And that in the face of the even scarier Covid 19 Delta variant. ::uc::

shuttin' up now boss.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

In spite of getting COVID and having a bad go of it. Still NO!!! Seems a 4th shot is being thought. 🤮
John 😎

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I got the J&J about a month ago, due mainly to pressure at work and my desire to attend a concert at Anthem in DC. I chose J&J because it's 1 shot and no boosters (yet).

I still operate the exact same way I did before getting the vaccine, which worked fine for me for 18 months.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I forgot about this thread until someone pushed it up to the top. Having been vaccinated early, Feb, and still contracting Covid in September it has changed my mind about this. All of a sudden myself, wife, best friend and her husband, a good friend and his office administrator all had covid and everyone of us were vaccinated. It makes me suspicious that we aren’t getting the full story about the effectiveness of the vaccine. That’s a high number of people to be infected after vaccination within my circle of friends. All of us were treated with the infusion and got better for the most part. On the other hand, I know of 22 people that attended a funeral and were infected with Covid. Most of the people there were not vaccinated. 3 died and one has been in the hospital for almost a month now. It does seem that those without the vaccine are being hit harder than those who have been vaccinated.
While I was in the emergency room at the hospital, I counted 8 people that day, that I saw, that came in with Covid, the nurses told me that they all had breathing problems. That hospital had 108 Covid patients in their hospital that day. The doctor that treated me told me that I was the unusual one there who had been vaccinated. Most of all the rest had not.
Whether you get the vaccine or not is up to you. When I was fighting to take my next breath for 2 days in a row, I realized how precarious life is. One little thing can make the difference between living and dying. I can’t imagine how much worse it could have gotten, but it could have been worse. I didn’t have long term heart damage. I didn’t have blood clots in my lungs, just pneumonia. I didn’t get Sepsis from the infection. If that’s what the vaccine spared me from, then I am all for the vaccine.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I'm still a hard NO on the vaccine because of health issues. I have been advised that the vaccine would probably have adverse effects on my help given some of the conditions I have.

Aside from that reason, I have never responded well to high pressure salesman, whether they be encyclopedia salesman, car salesman, or government salesman trying to sell me on a vaccine. The inconsistent messaging from the government and the media has hurt their cause with the common folks of this country far more than any data other people might look at even if they can find the data.

My wife and I are on a vacation and we have traveled from Oregon, the length of California and the cross Arizona. Once we left Oregon I have not seen people wearing masks except in small numbers. About 15% of the people I have encountered while traveling through California we're actually wearing masks, and most of them were employees of the stores we went into. The first couple of times I walked into a store I was surprised that no one was wearing masks at all, not even the employees.
When I have talked to local people about the mask and about the mandates the general response was, "We are so done with that!"

The meme below seems to capture with humor the attitude of most of the people I've met on my trip and indeed most of the people I know in Oregon.
Whether you agree with the vaccine or not, I hope you appreciate the humor.
FB_IMG_1634678827633.jpg
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Yep. :lol:
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Thanks Dale, I enjoyed that - it’s too true.

My wife and I, on advice from my doctors (plural) got our COVID China virus booster shots two weeks ago - third Moderna shots for both of us. Again no adverse reaction for either of us beyond a slightly sore arm for 48 hours - no worse than any other shot I’ve ever gotten.

Having said that I’ll say again, I don’t care whether any one else gets the vaccine or not, and I *#&@* sure don’t think the government at any level has the right to mandate anyone to get vaccinated.

As I’ve said repeatedly, talk to your medical doctor about your situation. Depending on your situation they may or may not recommend you get vaccinated. If you don’t have a doctor consider yourself fortunate, but very few of us will live out our lives without needing a good medical doctor. Find one you trust now, before you need one in a hurry! If you don’t trust the one you have, find another. Then go see him/her annually. Having a good doctor, annual physicals and subsequently catching a problem early saved my life! (I had no outward or obvious symptoms at that point).

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:31 am Having said that I’ll say again, I don’t care whether any one else gets the vaccine or not, and I *#&@* sure don’t think the government at any level has the right to mandate anyone to get vaccinated.
As I’ve said repeatedly, talk to your medical doctor about your situation. Depending on your situation they may or may not recommend you get vaccinated. If you don’t have a doctor consider yourself fortunate, but very few of us will live out our lives without needing a good medical doctor. Find one you trust now, before you need one in a hurry! If you don’t trust the one you have, find another. Then go see him/her annually. Having a good doctor, annual physicals and subsequently catching a problem early saved my life! (I had no outward or obvious symptoms at that point).
Ken
My sentiments exactly!
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:50 pm I forgot about this thread until someone pushed it up to the top. Having been vaccinated early, Feb, and still contracting Covid in September it has changed my mind about this. All of a sudden myself, wife, best friend and her husband, a good friend and his office administrator all had covid and everyone of us were vaccinated. It makes me suspicious that we aren’t getting the full story about the effectiveness of the vaccine. That’s a high number of people to be infected after vaccination within my circle of friends. All of us were treated with the infusion and got better for the most part. On the other hand, I know of 22 people that attended a funeral and were infected with Covid. Most of the people there were not vaccinated. 3 died and one has been in the hospital for almost a month now. It does seem that those without the vaccine are being hit harder than those who have been vaccinated.
While I was in the emergency room at the hospital, I counted 8 people that day, that I saw, that came in with Covid, the nurses told me that they all had breathing problems. That hospital had 108 Covid patients in their hospital that day. The doctor that treated me told me that I was the unusual one there who had been vaccinated. Most of all the rest had not.
Whether you get the vaccine or not is up to you. When I was fighting to take my next breath for 2 days in a row, I realized how precarious life is. One little thing can make the difference between living and dying. I can’t imagine how much worse it could have gotten, but it could have been worse. I didn’t have long term heart damage. I didn’t have blood clots in my lungs, just pneumonia. I didn’t get Sepsis from the infection. If that’s what the vaccine spared me from, then I am all for the vaccine.
Sorry, that was me that pushed it to the top. Not my intention to have anyone relive some bad times. All I know is I dont buy lottery tickets because the odds are not in my favor. With COPD and other health problems the odds are if I got Covid I would not survive it. So I go with the odds of taking the shot. Purely selfish reasons.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

I already answered the question, posed in the title, last December.
This was just sent via email, to me.
I haven't had season tickets, or been to the Rose Bowl, since 2015.
Reading this, I'm glad I don't (now).
This is UCLA's 5th home game and I don't recall seeing anything COVID
related in previously received UCLA football emails.
I'll summarize it. You have to show proof of being vaccinated.
Or, you have to show proof of a negative test result. But regardless of being
vaccinated or showing a negative test result, EVERYONE must wear a mask.
I will be very interested to see what the attendance is for this game.
Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Skip. That is starting to to be the norm. I ain’t going anywhere that wants that. Unfortunately this will continue as long as Brandon is in office. 😞🤮🤮😞
John 🎃

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”