Visual Technology Advancements

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Visual Technology Advancements

Post by Old Folder »

By using a profound artistic knowledge, and combining it with the latest technology, Skullmapping tells stories with stunning visuals.
Hit the small "Soundbars" link for the audio.
https://skullmapping.com/

Dan
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
kootenay joe

Re: Visual Technology Advancements

Post by kootenay joe »

Dan i watched it but was not sure exactly what i was watching
People are wearing 'glasses' that show them images in 3-D so it feels like these visual events are really happening ?
kj
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Visual Technology Advancements

Post by Old Folder »

kootenay joe wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:22 am Dan i watched it but was not sure exactly what i was watching
People are wearing 'glasses' that show them images in 3-D so it feels like these visual events are really happening ?
kj
Hey Roland.
Actually only one or two of the Mapping Videos had people wearing 3D Virtual Reality Glasses and they had no relationship with "Projection mapping."

Apparently, projection televisions in the 1970s was the start of this current technology. I guess one could say that the current technology is 'Projection Television' on steroids.

Projection mapping, simply put, is using technology to project imagery onto a surface. The projections can be as simple as indoor stage effects or as complex as video onto buildings and industrial landscapes. The purpose of projection mapping in events is to provide a more engaging experience for attendees, through visual stimulation. Without wearing any viewing devices over your eyes.

The idea is to use technology to manipulate lighting onto varying surface types and turn common objects into interactive, 3D displays. In fact, it’s increasing in popularity because it’s a vehicle for video trends in events. In essence, it’s like painting with light – a way to add textures, colors and even feelings to an environment. You really can project anything – from sponsor branding, all the way through to cinema-style narratives.

I have not yet seen Projection mapping, however, it seems as if it would be a visual treat.

Dan
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”