FedEx stupidity

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Beavertail

Re: FedEx stupidity

Post by Beavertail »

My package is in Atlanta this morning.
Why they didn't send it to the Kennesaw hub is anybody's guess ::shrug::
Tim
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Around 20 years I had a young friend that worked for FedEx and he own his truck and his route, he quit to go full time in the national guard and sold truck and route to someone else. Don't know know if this is still a practice that's in use or not.
The boss and I have ordered a lot of stuff from from Walmart, Sam's club etc. since this fool pandemic starded it'll be amazing in they don't go broke. Recently the boss ordered a bunch of stuff to be delivered and a car pulls up 2 gals in it, they come to the front door put a small package on the doorstep rang the doorbell and left, I get to the door as they are driving off, I see the package 1 pack of chocolate chip cookies. That whole order came over several days and it seems that most all of our online orders take more than 1 or 2 trips. ::shrug::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:45 pm
dlr110 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:12 pm Something is wrong! The order from SMKW I spoke of, FedEx shows it is out for delivery. How can that be, it's only been 3 days and it hasn't been to New Jersey yet. ::shrug:: Now lets see what condition the box is in when it gets here later today. ::suspense::
Sarcasm. I love it. Wishing you the best David.
This world is full of surprises everyday. :shock: The FedEx driver left the package right at my front door and it was in really good shape.
I guess I owe an apology.........naw, one in a hundred is not a record of improvement! ::skeptic::
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I have told my FEDEX horror story before, but I will repeat it here. I sent a handgun back to Smith & Wesson for repair. When they returned it to me by FEDEX, the federal firearms laws require that only I named on the shipping label can accept the package, I must show ID, and I must sign for it. I was gone that day and when I get home the FEDEX driver had thrown it on the front step and left it. It was visible to anyone passing by and laid there for about 5 hours. Fortunately it was still there when I got home. I reported this to the FEDEX dispatcher and the driver was disciplined (fired I hope).
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I once had a UPS driver throw a package over my fence. Fortunately, the contents (a case of MREs) were designed to withstand such treatment. If it had been something not designed with such treatment in mind, UPS likely would have gotten a phone call from an irate Dan.

There are bad apples in every bushel. I have to wonder if OC's extremely subpar FedEx driver would or should have had any way of knowing that a signature was mandated by federal law.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

Had an "almost bad" FedEx experience the other day.

FedEx showed up with a package during my lunchtime (which starts anywhere from 11:30 to 14:00 around here), so I had a clear view of the front driveway from the kitchen table.

My dog (a 49.6# blue heeler) - heard the truck crunching on the gravel driveway and jumped up on the sofa in the den to look out the picture window overlooking the driveway. Her "hey, we got burglars" bark is really low pitched and LOUD, very different from her "squirrels in the yard" bark or her "It's a snake" bark. She really sounds more like a Great Dane or a Mastiff or some other huge dog. The guy jumped out of his truck and started towards the front porch and Pepper went nuts.

The driver immediately stops and starts looking for "The Dog". Not seeing anything, but hearing the "Dog from Hell", he ran towards the porch and just chunked the package at the porch from 20 feet away when he hit the end of the sidewalk. He got the package within 8 feet of the door but not under the overhang, and ran like hell back to the truck.

The "good" news is that it is August in Texas and chances of rain are slim right now and the package was a pair of Y-connector hose bib connectors in a plastice padded bag, so no harm, no foul.

Pepper barked and growled until the truck left the property, and then stayed perched over the sofa back waiting for the truck to return.

I'm assuming the driver has been attacked by dogs before,
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Dan In MI wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:33 am I once had a UPS driver throw a package over my fence. Fortunately, the contents (a case of MREs) were designed to withstand such treatment. If it had been something not designed with such treatment in mind, UPS likely would have gotten a phone call from an irate Dan.

There are bad apples in every bushel. I have to wonder if OC's extremely subpar FedEx driver would or should have had any way of knowing that a signature was mandated by federal law.
All the info on what is required is on their manifest or the label itself. He paid no attention to his instructions.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:25 pm He paid no attention to his instructions.
Unfortunately, that's the norm when dealing with FedEx. In my case, the instruction they almost without exception ignore is "place articles in garage; do not leave them on front porch." Many a time they (and Amazon) have left them right in front of the door, and a few packages have been pilfered. And they rarely even bother to knock on the door when they make the delivery!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
PigStikr

Post by PigStikr »

my fedex hasn't left Utah yet..i'm fixin to tell smkw i want my $$ back
Never Doubt Your Dawg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

It seems the difference between them (around here at least) is that UPS uses their own trucks and drivers having dedicated individual routes. We’ve had the same driver for years - he knows us, knows our dogs, comes through the gate, drives up to the house and places packages on the porch, or rings the bell. When my wife worked in town he knew where she worked and rather than make the trip out to our place, he delivered packages to her in town.

Amazon uses different drivers, often contractors in their own vehicles. They come through the gate, drive up to the house, but about half the time they drop off the package in front of the house on the grass adjacent to the drive - I suspect in those cases the driver is concerned about the dogs.

FedEx seems to have a different driver or contractor every time. They leave packages at the gate, sometimes inside the fence but just as often outside the gate where they are visible to anyone passing by. We live “out in the country” so there’s not a lot of traffic (and a lot of honest folks). So far we’ve never lost a package to thievery. ::pray::

And USPS leaves packages in the mailbox if they fit. Otherwise they leave an “attempted delivery” card in the box. Then I have to drive 10 miles to the post office the next day (during post office hours) to pick it up. PITA!

So I’ll take UPS every time if I get a choice in the matter.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I hate FedEx, but it seems most sellers offer USPS or FedEx.

Here's a package I'm tracking right now. Shipped 9/17 (Friday) scheduled for 9/20 (yesterday). As of 9/20 (today), it is still in transit.

Screenshot 2021-09-21 142341.png
I do not understand, at all why the seller sent the package via FedEx. The item (a lot of used pocketknives) would have fit in a USPS Small Flat Rate box and would've been cheaper to ship that way. I was charged $14 for shipping. The only reason I even bought the lot is that the three I wanted it for are worth more than that; one of which alone is worth what I paid. - Appears this seller is a pawnshop in FL going by their username. I am presuming they must ship a lot of firearms or other items that can't go USPS.

There are four entries for "In Transit" in Grove City, OH (regional FedEx hub for my area). One every evening and morning since Sunday night when it arrived there.
Screenshot 2021-09-21 141923.png
I am wondering if it could be due to the seller screwing up when inputting the info, which could've led to the package being taken aside for inspection or something.

The lot of knives weighs close to two pounds. Yet, they've given the weight as .1 pounds. That's about the size of ONE average pocketknife.
Screenshot 2021-09-21 142359.png
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Or how about the recent report that a Fedex driver dumped 400 parcels in a ravine in Alabama, taking him 6 trips to drop them all. Hope no one had any knives in that mess. ::shrug::
julietanannen

Post by julietanannen »

The delivery of your packages via FedEx delivery is a terrible idea. From my experience, they didn't care about the items inside the boxes, last year they delivered two packages with glass vases COMPLETLY destroyed. It took me some time to get some compensation for this situation from them. FedEx doesn't have the proper notification service about the status of your package, and they pushed me to search my package delivery status by myself. Hopefully, I found this tracking site https://www.postsendungsverfolgung.com/de/. That allowed me to see what was going on with the delivery.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

A few days before Christmas my wife and I were in town, and stopped at a traffic light behind a FedEx delivery truck. The light changed to green, and as the FedEx driver turned the corner the rear door of the truck swung open and several packages fell out into the street. The driver continued on. ::dang::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Quickest way to lose my business is to send me a package by FedEx Surepost.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”