Anyone Else Sick And Tired Of Artificial Intelligence??

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Dan In MI

Re: Anyone Else Sick And Tired Of Artificial Intelligence??

Post by Dan In MI »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:07 pm Of course, you can start a manual transmission car by simply getting it rolling and pop the clutch.
I had to do that with my '63 Ford Falcon once. That's one reason I'm not fond of automatic transmissions. Of course, in a newer vehicle with electronic fuel injection, the battery must have enough juice to fire off the fuel injectors for a rolling start to succeed.
Samb wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:18 pm I'm sick and tired of so called real intelligence.
Not me. I see so very little genuine intelligence, how could I tire of it?
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Samb wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:18 pm I'm sick and tired of so called real intelligence.
True ba'b.
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Dan In MI wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:19 am
Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:07 pm Of course, you can start a manual transmission car by simply getting it rolling and pop the clutch.
I had to do that with my '63 Ford Falcon once. That's one reason I'm not fond of automatic transmissions. Of course, in a newer vehicle with electronic fuel injection, the battery must have enough juice to fire off the fuel injectors for a rolling start to succeed.
Manual gearboxes are going the way of the Do-Do bird unfortunately. ::huff:: :x
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

cudgee wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:17 am
Dan In MI wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:19 am
Manual gearboxes are going the way of the Do-Do bird unfortunately. ::huff:: :x
So true ,even the All the big truck fleets ,dump trucks included are going to Auto trannys . Talked to some friends that work at Peterbilt and Kenworth and they’re saying owners can’t find people to drive manual shift. They tear up clutches and grind gears to point of ruining trannys
JP
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

I drove Auto Shift trucks for PAM Transport.
The 06 stranded me at least three times by not recognizing it wasn't out of gear.
The 08 Truck was much better.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

It is common knowledge over here, that if you own a manual the chances of having it stolen are very slim, they don't even know how to start a manual car little alone drive one.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Caveman_1080x1080_Website-100.jpg
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”