U.S. Postal Service Announces Proposed Temporary Rate Adjustments for 2021 Peak Holiday Season

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

U.S. Postal Service Announces Proposed Temporary Rate Adjustments for 2021 Peak Holiday Season

Post by Jeffinn »

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/nationa ... season.htm

In a further attempt to extract as much money as possible while providing the usual abysmal service we’ve come to expect, the USPS is temporarily raising their rates during the holiday season. This is inline with what I’ve come to expect from the postal service, pay more and get less. They raised the rates last year too during the holidays. And we had packages and letters laying in warehouses for months. Some of y’all got your holiday cards and packages in February and March.
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
Meridian_Mike

Re: U.S. Postal Service Announces Proposed Temporary Rate Adjustments for 2021 Peak Holiday Season

Post by Meridian_Mike »

I just have to wonder what their plan could possibly be?

Raise the rates FOR WHAT REASON?... so they can do the job they are supposed to do ANYWAY?

Who could THEY PAY to help them out?.... Fed Ex?.... UPS?....

The whole problem with the USPS is their sorting facilities.
The USPS needs more employees and that is nobody's fault but theirs.

Looks like I am going to be in "boycott the USPS mode" for the holiday season.... or for however long the price increase lasts.
They will be losing and late delivering mail NO MATTER WHAT!!!

WHAT A CROCK of shirt.

:x
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: U.S. Postal Service Announces Proposed Temporary Rate Adjustments for 2021 Peak Holiday Season

Post by dlr110 »

Temporary my foot! My bet is they will raise the rates and we'll just slip right into 2022 without a word from them and the rates will be permanent until they do it again in late 2022. In the meantime our mail just gets lost, misdelivered or just sets in a mailbag somewhere. Currently I'm not getting acceptable delivery service by anyone.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

So far I have nothing to complain about.
I get Matchbox and Hotwheels cars through the
mail at least half of them.
Haven't had a problem yet.
Looking for the magic penny!
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

I will repeat what I have posted many times before - that the USPS money problems stem from a single factor - the congressionally MANDATED requirement that the USPS fully fund the retirement pension fund for every new employee at the time of hiring, regardless of how long that employee stays employed. That has forced the USPS to try to reduce costs and increase revenue across the board tokeep their noses above water.

No other business or government entity in the world has THAT requirement laid on it.

The USPS did NOT ask for that requirement to be laid on them. In fact, they fought it like hell because they KNEW it would result in ever skyrocketing postage costs and inefficiencies.

They have other issues due to politically mandated crap - lobbying by the large companies (Walmart, Amazon, fleabay, etc) for cheaper bulk rates, elimination and consolidation of distribution hubs by politically appointed USPS directors, and the shut down of small town post offices in the name of "cost cutting", to name a few.
Maddogfl

Post by Maddogfl »

I hate to be put in a position to need to defend the PO as I get the same inconsistent service that the rest of you do. I don't know, but I suppose that they justify the rate increases by the need to overtime for the workers.

There are national leaders that want the PO to fail in order to hand the service over to private business run for profit. If you think that you pay high rates and get lousy service now....
Maddogfl

Post by Maddogfl »

I hate to be put in a position to need to defend the PO as I get the same inconsistent service that the rest of you do. I don't know, but I suppose that they justify the rate increases by the need to pay overtime for the workers.

There are national leaders that want the PO to fail in order to hand the service over to private business run for profit. If you think that you pay high rates and get lousy service now....If they privatize the Postal Service, someone will figure out how to outsource it to the Chinese.
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::woot:: It will now be $5 to mail a 1st. class letter! They have to charge that much to recover the cost of feed and housing for the Pony Express horses! (IT WILL BE FASTER!) ftd ::dead_horse::
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”