A Man I wish You Had Known

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
RobesonsRme.com

A Man I wish You Had Known

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

These were the last two FaceBook posts of my friend and fellow Vietnam vet, John (Jack) Tobin.

"Folks, I have been quite ill for the last ten days, no, not the ChiCom Flu, but a bad internal infection, I must apologize for giving it less than my best effort, but it hasn’t been easy."

"OK Folks, I have been chastised for being too hard on the Democrats and their lackeys in the press and on all those who are attempting to overthrow our government, and to finally rid themselves of that document that has made us “that shining city on the hill”, our Constitution. On 25 May 1967 I took an oath to defend the Constitution from all enemies, “foreign and domestic”, as of today no one has released me from that oath. For nearly forty years in one form or another I proudly wore the uniform from Vietnam to Afghanistan and stops in between. Today, I no longer wear a uniform, no longer carry a rifle, all I have is my words. I remember Phase I of Special Forces Training Group, we were taught to use any weapon we could get our hands on, well folks, today WORDS are my only weapon, I use them as I can, hoping to inform, to maybe inspire, to warn that as President Reagan said “Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people.”I have been told that I have some skill in my use of words, that people appreciate what I write, now I guess I will tell you Why I Write. For four years as President of the Special Forces Association, I gave the Memorial Day Speech at the USASOC Plaza, when you give that speech, you face the wall with the names of the “Green Berets” that have fallen, they fell fighting not for a king, an emperor; no, they fell fighting for an idea, a document, the Constitution. Many of the names on that wall were friends, I see them in my memory, and as I pass into the Autumn of my life many that survived the wars, have now gone to join our comrades, and one day I will march down that road to join them, I could not face them if I sat back and let their sacrifices be in vain, and didn’t do all I can to pass the American Dream, not only to my children and grandchildren, but to theirs. So chastise and threaten as you will, I will continue as I can, I have no choice. God Bless America."

Jack was tireless in his efforts to preserve and protect our Constitution and its Republic.

Colonel Jack died of COVID-19 last night.

I'm heartbroken.

Charlie Noyes
Attachments
Jack Tobin 2.jpg
Jack Tobin 2.jpg (20.64 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
FRJ

Re: A Man I wish You Had Known

Post by FRJ »

God bless this Patriot and his family.

Thanks for the post, Charlie.

God bless you.
Joe
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

So sorry to hear of this loss Charlie. RIP and God Bless.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Condolences for the loss of your friend, Charlie. It sounds like he always fought the good fight, even up 'til the very end. Interesting that he took his life changing oath on the day I took my first breath. It also sounds like he was an inspirational man. Remember the good times and say a prayer. ::pray::

John
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Charlie, losses of men like your friend are devastating to this country. My thoughts are with you.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Charlie I'm sorry for your loss I'm sorry for OUR loss. Men like him are precious to a nation. It's clear from what he wrote that he understood the grave threat we are now facing. Unfortunately far to many fail to see or take seriously what is unfolding before us. Thank you for this post and thank you for your service. May God bless this nation and those who strive to keep it free.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

This country needs more men like Colonel Jack instead of these snowflakes running our country.
I thank him for his service.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Thanks guys.

Jack and I went through SF Training at the same time and stayed in the same barracks, except he was Commo and I was Medics.

I wish you could read his treatise on Valley Forge and how it applies to today. It’s posted on a closed group, so I could not share it here.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Thank you for sharing this Charlie .
Prayers for you and his family thru this time of Jacks Passing .
JP
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Thank you Charlie for sharing this wonderful patriot with us. I would have counted it a privilege to have met him. Seems like he knew his just reward was coming soon.
God bless you as you mourn his passing.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thanks for sharing that with us. I’m sorry for you and our loss of one who seems to have been a fine man and a patriot.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Rdubya21

Post by Rdubya21 »

He is a TRUE AMERICAN ! God bless him
eveled

Post by eveled »

Sorry for your loss of your friend. His passing is a loss for the entire free world. RIP
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

If only we had more like him. May he Rest In Peace.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thank you for sharing with us the passing of a too-rare man. A man of courage, a leader, a patriot: we have all lost a treasure.
BWT

Post by BWT »

Very sorry Charlie for your loss and our countries. Thanks very much for posting his writings. It means a lot for our country to have great Americans such as him and I’m sure many more on this site, such as you. Thanks Charlie for the post and your service to our country! ::handshake::
Bill
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

One more True Patriot gone.
Condolences.
Looking for the magic penny!
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

May God bless this man's memory and his passing. Another fellow patriot awaiting his final, and most important, honor. ::pray::

Blessings
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Thought and prayer Charlie ::pray:: we are losing to many of these great Americans ::handshake::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

As a nation we are blessed that men such as Jack Tobin served and defended America to their last breath.
Rest in peace, faithful soldier.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Men like your friend are special, and rare today. They are looked at as out of touch and insensitive. Sadly, we need more of those types of men now more than ever.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”