Late Night Lodge

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Late Night Lodge

Post by TripleF »

Watchin this dude on YT make a log cabin door.....giminey christmas....all with hewing axes and chisels.....

Oh, yes....Scotch. Cheers!! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

I’ve been on the road, headed back home. Today was expensive, stopped at Knife City on I-40 in Arizona. Bought 2 autos. Will post info and pictures after I get home
Fought wind all day today
Will get home late tomorrow.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

I enjoyed a nice trip and a good show at the NCCA knife show at Groton, Ct.
I bought five knives which I will show before too long. I did put one in a Shapleigh thread I started some time ago.
It was nice to catch up with AAPK members there and others who are usual attendees.
Going to the big flea market tomorrow. Promising great weather; that will be nice.

Cheers!
Joe
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I'm still up, too. Aside from my new Craftsman 95067 arriving today, nothing exciting happened. The wind has picked up here. Not my favorite thing to have to deal with. Hopefully we don't get rained on tomorrow. Y'all have a good night!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Bamarick

Post by Bamarick »

Well, I'm still in the process of cleaning up a bunch of knives I bought Tuesday. There wasn't a lot of really good stuff but I only paid $100 for the whole pile. There were 7 Case knives in the bunch but only one was near mint, a 1980 Mini-Trapper. There was a 1979 NKCA Trapper but it has been sharpened several times and also a XX era Folding Hunter with nice handles but really rough blades. Those 3 will pay for the rest of the bunch, there were 39 in all. At least it's giving me something to do. I hope everyone has a good week for the first week of May and stay safe. Rick
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Was a long day on the road today, got a late start cuz I slept in. Got home about an hour ago. 3800 miles over the past 2 weeks.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Bamarick wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:22 am At least it's giving me something to do.
Sounds like you did pretty good with that lot. Hopefully I can replicate such luck someday.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good evening. Weird day today, but then again the whole Spring has been a little off. It started off overcast, then some sun, then went to drizzle, then snow, then some sun, more overcast and now it's just dark and gloomy. I'm going to bed. have a good night.____Dave
Bamarick

Post by Bamarick »

Good evening everyone stopping by tonight. It was a warm day today in NW Alabama, mid 80's with a typical afternoon thunderstorm that we frequently get during this time of year. More of the same predicted for the remainder of the week with a chance of showers every day. I finished cleaning up and oiling the small collection of knives I bought last week. I'll try to get rid of most of them at the flea market next weekend, weather permitting. A couple of the dealers there have some pretty decent knives and one of the guys asked me to bring him some knives so we'll see what happens. Have a nice night and be safe out there. Rick.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Trying to get the ZZZZzzz.s going but no luck so far. Maybe if I read a couple of chapters in my book.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Another day done. Bunk time. ::zzz::
David
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Just about time for me to hit the rack. This waking day, unlike yesterday, was unproductive; I blame the rain. But I did manage to find a knife that I wouldn't mind having...just have to wait out the auction. Hope everyone has/had a good night!
USN 2000-2006
MissouriGuerrilla

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

A Good Evening to LNL and AAPK!

It is currently 53* with wave after wave after wave after.....well...you get the idea, of rain and tstorms here in the middle Missouri Ozarks. Got some nasty coming at us tonight and more tomorrow, but the forecasts dont have any tornados in them. Maybe some small hail. For now. Just looked out towards the west towards Kansas and Oklahoma and the sky lit up like Vegas! Gettin' a might rumbly right now.

Last night, I did a lot of studying about knives. Trying to learn about steels, elements, coloring, etc.. It is just a tad overwhelming! Got a 2022 Spyderco catalog with lots of helpful info in the back.

Will be keeping an eye on the radar tonight. Maybe some Andy Griffith Show too. Hope y'all are safe and happy where you are!

Have a great night! Peace be with you for a restful sleep. Take care, folks!
eveled

Post by eveled »

Another long day behind me, and another early start tomorrow. Cold wet muddy day today working in a trench. Then I had to teach tonight. Glad to be home, but I think I drank too much caffeine today. I cant sleep. Oh well.

Good night everyone.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

After 3 nights staying up way too late I am going to hit the bed and hopefully sleep till morning.
Nite all!
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I thought I'd pop in for a few minutes and catch up on the happenings around "the lodge'. I've been under the weather for a couple of weeks and have been pretty much confined to quarters. I'm feeling a good bit better now but still not 100%. My wife went on a shopping trip with one of her lady friends today, so I did a little cooking while she was away. I did a couple of racks of BBQ pork ribs, cooked low and slow all afternoon in the oven. Man were they tender and tasty! Had enough left over for another meal too. ::nod::

Scott if you happen to show up, my glass is empty. Could ya help a brother out ? 8)
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

In Cumberland but not at the farm, watching Perry Mason with Stella.
Attachments
IMG_20220507_000719654.jpg
IMG_20220507_000806924.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Time to turn in. Didnt to much after work. Later!
David
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Nobody up late tonight? I should be sleeping but as usual I’m not.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I'm here Boji. Just completed my Wordle puzzle and now finishing up my breathing treatments. Soon it'll be time to call it a night.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
TPK

Post by TPK »

Hope you are all having a good week. ::nod:: ::tu::

Time for a little snack & then it's off to bed. ::tired::
Good night folks. ::handshake::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

philco wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:07 am I'm here Boji. Just completed my Wordle puzzle and now finishing up my breathing treatments. Soon it'll be time to call it a night.
I did the Wordle before I went to bed too. Not tonight, I’m pooped. Had a fast rainstorm tonight, 1+ inch in about 10-15 minutes. When that happens my outdoor drain system can’t keep up and end up with water in the garage and basement. Had to clean the drain and mop up water. I have a pile of old towels just for that. Used them all, now in the washer. As soon as I can get them into the dryer I’m headed to bed.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Boji wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:05 am
philco wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:07 am I'm here Boji. Just completed my Wordle puzzle and now finishing up my breathing treatments. Soon it'll be time to call it a night.
I did the Wordle before I went to bed too. Not tonight, I’m pooped. Had a fast rainstorm tonight, 1+ inch in about 10-15 minutes. When that happens my outdoor drain system can’t keep up and end up with water in the garage and basement. Had to clean the drain and mop up water. I have a pile of old towels just for that. Used them all, now in the washer. As soon as I can get them into the dryer I’m headed to bed.
Boji - sounds like that sucks swamp water through a flavor straw.

11:30 & this is what happens when you don't shut off the TV when the movie ends.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I'm beat. Didn't get much accomplished this waking day. Maybe I'll get something done later. See y'all in six hours or so.
USN 2000-2006
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Didnt do much after work. Its hot and muggy out there. Time to turn in. See ya at the FCD in the mornin!
David

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”