Cigar Connoisseur

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
OSCAR

Re: Cigar Connoisseur

Post by OSCAR »

Tonight, a Boneshaker cigar paired with a shot of Eagle Rare 10 year old bourbon. These are a perfect pair. Boneshaker is a strong flavored full bodied cigar. Eagle Rare is a fantastic bourbon. Life is good.
Attachments
D7770A21-562A-4F9C-BA93-72E296DD4410.jpeg
9B0312A2-FF10-41F5-A1FE-BC38D7AE075D.jpeg
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Trying a new cigar
From Asylum a cigar called “Insidious”. I have liked some that this brand offers. Can’t wait to light up.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

Trying a new one tonight, so far I like it.
Attachments
Deadwood tobacco co “Sweet Jane”
Deadwood tobacco co “Sweet Jane”
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

C-WADE7 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:04 pm Trying a new one tonight, so far I like it.
I’ve tried a few Deadwood cigars. All were very good at a reasonable price. Smoking a CAO Brazil at the moment.
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

OSCAR wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:33 pm
C-WADE7 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:04 pm Trying a new one tonight, so far I like it.
I’ve tried a few Deadwood cigars. All were very good at a reasonable price. Smoking a CAO Brazil at the moment.
I’ve enjoyed this one, it’s just about done right now. My neighbor brought it to me last week and I just got a hankering for a cigar at work this afternoon so I figured I would sit on the porch after work and try it. The only thing that would make it better is if it weren’t 102° right now, but there is a nice breeze and in the shade it isn’t bad at all(of course I’m in it 9-10 hours a day already working).
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

C-WADE7 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:48 pm
OSCAR wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:33 pm
I’ve enjoyed this one, it’s just about done right now. My neighbor brought it to me last week and I just got a hankering for a cigar at work this afternoon so I figured I would sit on the porch after work and try it. The only thing that would make it better is if it weren’t 102° right now, but there is a nice breeze and in the shade it isn’t bad at all(of course I’m in it 9-10 hours a day already working).
C-Wade: Hard to keep them lit when you are dripping with sweat. I never smoke in the house. Weather has been brutal this summer.
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

Oscar,
This has been a hot summer, we have had 30 or so 100° days already and it is not letting up. I don’t smoke in the house either, even back when I smoked Camels it was always outside. On a breezy day in the shade it is pretty nice still, but I’m ready for October!
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

C-WADE7 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:01 am Oscar,
This has been a hot summer, we have had 30 or so 100° days already and it is not letting up. I don’t smoke in the house either, even back when I smoked Camels it was always outside. On a breezy day in the shade it is pretty nice still, but I’m ready for October!
Same goes for me C-Wade. I can tolerate the cold way better than the heat. This is the hottest summer I can remember in a long time. It’s 3 pm, I want a cigar but I’ll probably wait until later when it’s a little bit cooler. Planning on having a “My Father “. I don’t smoke these too often at $15 a stick but It’s an exceptional cigar.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Having one now called Boneshaker. Very strong full bodied cigar. Maduro wrapper. This cigar pairs well with a good bourbon.
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

Want to say my neighbor mentioned a “Bone Shaker”, I will have to ask him when I see him.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

C-WADE7 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:19 am Want to say my neighbor mentioned a “Bone Shaker”, I will have to ask him when I see him.
Great smoke at a decent price. Well constructed, even burning but a very strong full bodied cigar. I lean towards full bodied.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Having a Partagas tonight. It’s always been one of my favorites. I like to change it up and not smoke just one cigar. Since cigars are not cheap, I’ve tried many of the cheaper brands to find a good one at a more reasonable price.
In that class, I like Mark Twain Memoirs. About $60 for a box of twenty. Hand rolled. A great smoke for the price and better than some costing way more. I get them online at Thompson Cigar.
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

Neighbor came by tonight, told him about this thread. He has had the My Father, said it was good, hasn’t had a Bone Shaker but will be on the look out.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

C-WADE7 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:32 am Neighbor came by tonight, told him about this thread. He has had the My Father, said it was good, hasn’t had a Bone Shaker but will be on the look out.
C-Wade,
I believe I bought the Boneshakers from JRCIGAR. I get most of my cigars online as they are usually cheaper than cigar stores.
I love to frequent cigar bars, but they are few and far between. The two closest to home are both closed down now. My favorite is a 36 mile drive (each way). With gas prices being so high, I haven’t been there in awhile. JR and Thompson Cigars both are good to deal with.
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

He left me with a Drew Estate Tabak Especial last night and told me to give it a try.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

C-WADE7 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:18 pm He left me with a Drew Estate Tabak Especial last night and told me to give it a try.
Overall, Drew Estates are excellent cigars. You should enjoy it immensely.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

A Romeo y Juliette cigar tonight along with a Guinness ale. Life is good.
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

I sat on the porch with this one tonight. Pretty good.
Attachments
0D1E970C-2A64-49B2-BDE3-928AC5B744AF.jpeg
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

C-WADE7 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:41 am I sat on the porch with this one tonight. Pretty good.
C-Wade, the only Drew Estate that isn’t good is their Factory Smokes. It’s their entry into the low priced cigar market. But there are better low priced cigars to be had at the same price or less.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Enjoying a good cigar and a Founders ale on the back patio. It’s the first time in weeks when the temperature wasn’t brutal. I’m not even breaking a sweat out here this evening !
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

Glad it’s cooled down for you, 104° here today🥵
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

C-WADE7 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:11 pm Glad it’s cooled down for you, 104° here today🥵
104 ? That’s hot !
I can’t believe that there aren’t more cigar aficionados on this site. You’d think that there would be more. Enjoy your evening and relax. Have a cigar my friend. Good night.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Tonight’s smoke
Attachments
D0CB8A0E-F4BC-46DA-8B7A-EE31B3BF112C.jpeg
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

The band is pretty neat. How was the cigar?
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Dan In MI wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:14 pm The band is pretty neat. How was the cigar?
Superb Dan ! Paired great with a terrific bourbon.
Not decided what cigar I’ll have tonight.
I keep 4 humidors, each has a 100 cigar capacity. I never want to run out.
Attachments
9FBB68CF-2A94-4A50-8877-FFEEF4F1BAAB.jpeg

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”