Re: October 2012 AAPK Knife Give Away

Post by IMBand »

removed for gino
AAPK #6581
chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

IMBand wrote:
.....and YES, I have donated a knife for the giveaway and sent Bryan one cash donation......so you know.
yes i know, and i really appreciate your generous club offering,,,,especially since i won that months drawing, thank you ::handshake::
i hope my pm to you has softened the harseness of anything you might have interpretated from my previous post.....
chet
gino

Post by gino »

Trevor,
I thought this was over yet you continue to trash me in public 4 times now (in several threads)! You then went back and erased them!
You have trashed me with your personal opinion of how I shouldnt be a moderator in both public and via pm over and over again. I have swallowed my pride and bitten my tounge but yet you continue to do it and there comes a point where any man has to stick up for himself and you have pushed me to that point. Why do you continue to do this??? For what reason??? What are you trying to acomplish???
If you want to PM me and tell me what a bad job I do (as you already have) thats fine but to keep rehashing and spewing your venom towards me in the threads is not making this a more friendly better place to be. In fact it is causing drama amoung members.
I have recieved multiple PM from members on my behalf upset that you are doing this publicly and that bothers me most.

I spend a great amount of my personal time here to try and make this a better place for the members and infact I have helped many a AAPK member with issues in the almost two years I have been a moderator. I dont get paid to do this and sometimes its a thankless position but I do it for my love of knives and the members that I have come to know and become friends with and I always try and make everyones experience here a better one.

I expressed to you multiple times in public and private that I was sorry that I deleted your response to mine and I had learned a valuable lesson from it, I am not perfect and do make mistakes but I try my best here and will continue to do so in the future.

You are intitled to your opinion towards me but I wish you would not keep rehashing it over and over on multiple threads like you are the last couple of days. Its just common courtesy to the fellow members and myself.

I have explained to you at least 6 times now why your post was deleted. I will try to explain it once again. This was such a minor issue yet you continue to make it a larger one and for the life of me cant understand why?

1. Your one post that was deleted was in direct response to what I wrote.
2. It was not in response to any the previous posts in the thread.
3. When I erased my own post (after some discussion with a fellow memebr who's opinion I value greatly) the 3 posts that responded to mine no longer made sense, they were is direct response to something I had written that was no longer there thats why I deleted them. Nothing personal! Nothing more!
4. I have expressed my appologies to you multiple times in public and in PM (private)
5. I dont understand what you are trying to acomplish it and I have to think at this point your only trying to start drama!

Can we please get over this???
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Post by AREMINGTONSEDGE »

A couple months ago a few folks that didn't like the way Bryan wanted things and
put forth the idea of a 20post minimum, and to be honest it reeks of poor sportmanship.....so, I am irritated with gino and the whole 20post minimum

IM[/quote]

Trevor,
I am so sorry that you feel this way. Just to clear the air a little, I spoke with Bryan before the drawing back in Sept and expressed my ideas for the drawing. I in no way am trying to undermine the work Bryan has accomplished with this site but rather trying to support and enhance the membership and in the fellowship that this site has to offer to everyone who loves knife collecting and the sharing of information regarding knives. I was going to use a 15 post limit as an entry requirment but chose 20 because it appeared fair and achieveable to me for anyone who had a desire to enter could enter and benifit in what this site has to offer as a whole. But yes, it would also curb those who browse these sites just to enter free giveaways and move on. I do feel a responsibility to those who have been apart of this site and contribute to it often over the months and years since it's inception. Gino has played no part in choosing a 20 post limit. I'm not sure where all this is coming from but with all do respect,I would humbly ask that it would not continue on this thread. I extend my hand of friendship to you once again and encourage you to find forgiveness and fairness in your heart and not allow something that began in sharing in the love of knives and fellowship to become that which hardens hearts and draws wedges between kindred spirits. You are always welcomed to change your mind my friend about entering and in regard to things that really matter. I believe in the long run this would best serve Bryan and his dream for this site. Sincerely and gratefully yours, Rocky ::handshake::
Rocky, AKA- AREMINGTONSEDGE
chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

rocky, or should i say mr. squirrel. that was put so trustingly and eloquently put.....bravo,
i do hope we all can get together regardless of each ones personal opinions.
now, to anyone involved here, please, shake hands and come out of the fight ::tu::
IMBand

Post by IMBand »

never should have expressed an opinion contrary to ginos......my bad
AAPK #6581
UN-X-LD

Post by UN-X-LD »

785 please
gino

Post by gino »

IMBand wrote:never should have expressed an opinion contrary to ginos......my bad
Trevor you just continue showing everyone the kind of person that you really are.

Interesting that you did the VERY EXACT SAME THING to Dale (orvet) our administrator last year, HMMMM?

This is the last public response I will contribute to your game playing. I only hope you will grow up.

Sorry rocky and fellow members for this mess.
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

UN-X-LD wrote:785 please
after all that has been hashed and rehashed in the recent previous posts... only 7 posts here,what to make of it,,hmmmmmm ::hmm:: actually he had only 6 posts at the time of that number request
UN-X-LD

Post by UN-X-LD »

Oops - entered too soon, maybe nest time then.
chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

UN-X-LD wrote:Page one says "would LIKE to see 20 posts". I am working on it in case it was meant as "20 post mandatory".
i think it was 20 posts before you submitted your number request..i hope this isn't who i think it is ::facepalm:: very sad that this great and generous idea has stooped so low.
AREMINGTONSEDGE

To UN-X-LD and other entrants,

As per the rules of engagement. A 20 post entry requirement is upheld. If you believe that you will meet that requirement by the deadline date placed by Bryan, you are more than welcomed to participate and I personally wish you the very best of luck in the drawing,however with that being said, if the simple 20 post requirement has not been satisfied your entry will not be considered in the drawing. Respectfully, Rocky ::handshake::
chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

it is very easy to click on the link of an entrants id to see when and what content those 20 posts where made.. as in un-x-ld. they were all done today for the sole purpose of throwing a wrench into the prerequired process and showing its flaws.....
why would someone do this? only the shadow knows for sure, and i think he is embarrassed by it.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Folks I'm the one who has posted each and every number that has been selected on the beginning of this thread. I look to see how many post a person has before I add their requested number to the list. If you don't have 20 post you don't get put on the list. This is out of respect for the generous gentleman who donated the knives for this drawing and set up the guidlines for eligiblity.

If you wish to donate a knife or knives for a future drawing and require that each entrant must have more or fewer post or establish some other eligibility guidelines, then your wishes will be followed as well.

Let's all show a little respect here please.

Phil
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Let's keep the higher standard here. No harm no foul. I believe God judges the intent of our hearts and delivers that which is just due. The requirement is satisfied and so am I. Best of luck to all that enter. Remember to have fun but not at the expense of another. Respectfully, Rocky ::tu::
Chief RID

Post by Chief RID »

WOW! I do like pocket knives. Good luck to all for this months giv a way.
johnnierotten

Post by johnnierotten »

321 for me. ::tu::
johnnierotten

So far,So good...So What!!
conslade
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by conslade »

Give me No.223
Thanks! conslade
We are all smarter than any one of us. Let us learn from each other.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

philco wrote:Per our good friend Rocky's Direction & thanks to his tremendous generosity.

The October giveaway will result in 3 lucky winners ::ds::

Here are the rules of engagement...

1. Post your number as a reply on this thread no later than midnight CST October 30th. The winning number will be selected by the Illinois evening pick 3 lottery number for Oct. 31st, 2012.

2.Would like to see a minimum 20 post member entry requirement to qualify for the giveaway.

3. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner goes as follows: 1st place coming closest to pick 3 without going over. 2nd place is closest to number having gone over the pick 3 and 3rd place is the number closest to the pick 3 after 1st and 2nd place has been decided.

4. Winners will have choice/pick of one trick-or-treat bags in order of who's 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Winners will not know what knife is in what bag! TRICK-OR-TREAT! Winners will have to post pics when they receive their knife to let others know what they got.

LIST OF ENTRANTS AND NUMBER SELECTED

chetr1200c 007
rarreola 028
Chief RID 043
Paladin51 051
cbnutt 062
philco 071
apong23 083
whit107 107
Tab2you 118
Jethro Bodine 123
jlkitch 124
timf600 130
Triple F 157
Old Hunter 167
DRM60 177
knowtracks 195
Jacknifeben 200
DR_MAGOO 214
conslade 223
CC Bill 254
Jody 744 273
outkast 286
ol' smoke 292
smokepole 301
tjmurphy 308
wazu013 313
biglmbass 319
Johnnierotten 321
Mitch Rapp 333
Tiny Toothpick 342
biggdogg 364
Ramrod 369
DRS 373
Tank 375
Rookie 378
Toejammer 399
CobraBill 408
griz1200 413
ozzie marie 418
testcase 422
redferd 423
Randy Few 432
Basser5 450
Aimus Moses 457
bama 459
Junebug 462
Gunsmoke47 470
Cutty 473
oldgoat1911 492
fergusontd 525
Shearer 526
chautauqua 569
dknopinski 579
slipjointed 581
mumblypeg 598
BTMAN 608
Classic Case 617
Colonel26 616
bulldog 631
IMBand 651
Camillus 658
jsrsports 693
treefarmer 700
Orvet 714
bigdaddys8ball 723
deanmm56 724
Vieu101 741
caddyman1973 758
truetemper 777
Iron Hoarder 783
gino 784
jerryd6818 803
shugy 812
JEARL 824
Paladin 826
Wiseguy 831
reddirtknives 864
zp4ja 888
Knife Nut 897
glennbad 924
stressmaster5000 935
knifetime 950
After ten pages of posts, the rules and numbers chosen have a tendency to 'get lost in the forest'. Since we're coming down to the wire, I thought it might be advantageous to post both again. Good luck everyone (you know I'm only mildly sincere about that. :mrgreen: ).
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Well dang, it appears good ol' Wazu slipped in ahead of me and snagged my 313! That being the case, I'll have to go with 513 then please!
Thanks much,
Mike
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Whew! Under the wire …

I'll take 735 please.

Thanks!

~ Edge
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."

~ Albert Einstein
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

313 Mike wrote:Well dang, it appears good ol' Wazu slipped in ahead of me and snagged my 313! That being the case, I'll have to go with 513 then please!
Thanks much,
Mike
It would be a hoot if you win because you're almost late to formation. That'ed show ole Waz not to snag your number by golly by gum. ::nod:: :lol: :lol:
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

jerryd6818 wrote:
313 Mike wrote:Well dang, it appears good ol' Wazu slipped in ahead of me and snagged my 313! That being the case, I'll have to go with 513 then please!
Thanks much,
Mike
It would be a hoot if you win because you're almost late to formation. That'ed show ole Waz not to snag your number by golly by gum. ::nod:: :lol: :lol:
...Yeah Jerry, you might see me changing my handle to 513 Mike if that happens! :lol: ...(just kidding, I would never be disloyal to the 313...)
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
PigSticker

Post by PigSticker »

I'll take 743
NEVER DOUBT YOUR DAWG
AREMINGTONSEDGE

JUST IN CASE! WE HERE IN VIRGINIA ARE ABOUT TO UNDERGO REARRANGEMENT IN THE PATH OF SANDY. MOST WEATHER CHANNELS ARE FORCASTING ALOT OF STORM DAMAGE ,DOWN
POWER LINES, LEADING TO OUTAGES ETC. SO I AM HOPING THIS WON'T EFFECT MY COMPUTER. IF IT SHOULD I WILL BE IN TOUCH AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WITH BRYAN TO RECEIVE THE ADDRESS AND NAMES OF OUR WINNERS. AGAIN, BEST OF LUCK TO ALL WHO ENTER AND HAPPY HALLOWEEEEEEEEEEN!! ::ds:: ::tu:: Rocky

Return to “AAPK Knife Giveaways”