POS roundtable?

Enter our knife drawings here.
wishful

Re: POS roundtable?

Post by wishful »

Sorry Jerry. LOLOL
Life would be meaningless if we couldn't wish for anything.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Don't apologize to me. Apologize to my poor lil' pitiful accumulation. They're feeling like they belong to Rodney Dangerfield. They don't get no respect. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just jerkin' your chain wishful. ::handshake::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Iron Hoarder

Post by Iron Hoarder »

I'm in. :mrgreen:
I measure my collection by the ton.
Whoever dies with the most tools wins......Now accepting donations.
chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

think i will pass on this one,,you guys have fun,,i have too many cheapies, don't need any more. :(
IMBand

Post by IMBand »

Is it going to be $20 knife and POS then? .....or just POS?
Counr me in either way.

IM
:)
AAPK #6581
TAB2you

Post by TAB2you »

I started this thread, and what a great drift. I'm all for a pos above pos roundtable. Count me in!
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

So what kind of round table are we doing? POS pure and simple or a POS, $20 combo. I've done a fair job getting rid of most of my pure and simple POS knives, but I could dig out a couple more.

I'd be real interested in the POS/$20 idea. I'd sign up for that.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I'm in for whatever... :)

Glenn
coffeecup

Post by coffeecup »

Sorta interested, still waiting to hear what the rules are.
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

I would definitely be in for either one..., I guess we just need someone with the inclination and organizational skills that can set it up then...? ::paranoid:: I know enough to know that that ain't me unfortunately!
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
TAB2you

Post by TAB2you »

313Mike-

Philco posted a little earlier that if there was enough interest, he'd get something rolling. I'd bet a dime to a dollar he'll pop in soon and see the interest and we'll see something happen. ::nod::

As far rules, seems like we can't decide if it should be a POS only or a POS/user knife roundtable. I like the idea of adding the user portion to the roundtable might get some play off that sort of roundtable. Monetary wise, I wonder if we shoot ourselves in the foot with monetary values, they're just a guide, I hope. A lot of my users range from 5 dollar finds to some of my better Schatt Morgan knives, with a good range of decent and junk inbetween! ::shrug::

Thoughts all?
junebug

Post by junebug »

once you guys get things worked out lemme know!! ::handshake::

CUZ I'M IN!!!!!! WOOOOT WOOOOT ::super_happy::

junebug 8) 8)
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
reddirtknives
Location: Okrahoma where the wind comes sreeping down the prain

Post by reddirtknives »

I wanna play... ::nod:: either POS + edc ~Or~ strictly POS It sounds like possibly more fun than the last $50 round table, That one got a bit excessive...
DJ Red Tater Tip ~ Killer of Threads, Solo Pioneer in The Intergalactic Cutlery Trade
... ... `.~ RED DIRT KNIVES ~.` ... ...
wishful

Post by wishful »

Excessive? Why? ::shrug::
Life would be meaningless if we couldn't wish for anything.
reddirtknives

Post by reddirtknives »

Well some of the knives offered up were so far beyond the $50 minimum that even if you monetarily doubled your offering it paled in comparison... Thats what happened to me or how I feel rather but hey, I'm a newb :) I'm sure for those who have been members for quite some time and happen to know most everyone and their likes and have maybe even traded or dealt with before it was awesome blowing their minds with x knife or xx knives or xxx knives. I really liked the knife that perry sent to me and I felt good about the knife that I sent out when I sent it but after everyone started receiving their knives and started posting pics I thought dang I'm a minor leaguer who got mixed up in the major league somehow... And I noticed some weren't thrilled with what they received while all of these awesome knives and 2'fers and 3'fers were coming in. I understand the reasons and I don't think I missed the point of the whole round table event. But I will say that any youngsters popping in and watching would likely be discouraged from trying to participate when another comes around... But $50 minimum pretty much automatically makes it a mans (or would grownups be politically correct?) e'hem Grownups Roundtable anyway... YADA YADA YADA BLAH BLAH BLAH... Count me in on the POS roundtable ::tounge:: :)
DJ Red Tater Tip ~ Killer of Threads, Solo Pioneer in The Intergalactic Cutlery Trade
reddirtknives

Post by reddirtknives »

I left out the whole economic side of it ... but it's a fact, Some peoples pockets are deeper than others... For me the fun was in the surprise of not knowing what you will receive and if it was a pattern that I didn't have or collect I would consider it to be even better... A new outlook on a type of knife, a first experience with a certain pattern or maker, a catalyst for expanding (opening a closed mind or taking the blinders off etc.) ones horizons you might say. So those who have plenty, give freely without expecting a return and for those who might have less give freely as well as you can without a second thought of whether it is at par with the best/rest or not... (Within the rules of course) ........ :)
chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

the $50 roundtable obviouly isn't for everyone as scott has attested to and he isn't a newbie. but with my large collection and the collections that many members do have, it was a wonderful and exciting experience. i await anxiously for the next one. ::tu::

now to me, although i have many a knife can fall within its parameters, this $20 pos roundtable seems to benefit the postal service more than it would excite me. so obviously this roundtable isn't for everyone either.
TAB2you

Post by TAB2you »

I can state with fact that I am a newbie. I didn't see the $50 dollar as a restriction. I love the way Big Monk put it, send something like you'd want to receive. To me, if it had been a 5 dollar folder, I'd been happy. Its more about getting to meet and know folks, I think. I went back and read the pages of what people got, I didn't see anyone upset with what they got? ::shrug::

Its true many of these members know each other, and they might have more reasoning to send a little more, they may well know that member likes a certain brand or style. That's up to them, all we can do is send what we might want to receive and by golly, have a good time.

Methinks putting the monetary value to it seems to make people fixate on that part of it. ::shrug::

I'm just a newbie, a few of my thoughts, and I want to state again I loved the roundtable, I'd love to do a POS or anything inbetween. And if one reaches out of my leagues, I'll just not participate.

I hate that you feel that way about the other roundtable, reddirt, I had the total opposite experience.

::handshake::

TAB
gino

Post by gino »

reddirtknives wrote:Well some of the knives offered up were so far beyond the $50 minimum that even if you monetarily doubled your offering it paled in comparison... Thats what happened to me or how I feel rather but hey, I'm a newb :) I'm sure for those who have been members for quite some time and happen to know most everyone and their likes and have maybe even traded or dealt with before it was awesome blowing their minds with x knife or xx knives or xxx knives. I really liked the knife that perry sent to me and I felt good about the knife that I sent out when I sent it but after everyone started receiving their knives and started posting pics I thought dang I'm a minor leaguer who got mixed up in the major league somehow... And I noticed some weren't thrilled with what they received while all of these awesome knives and 2'fers and 3'fers were coming in. I understand the reasons and I don't think I missed the point of the whole round table event. But I will say that any youngsters popping in and watching would likely be discouraged from trying to participate when another comes around... But $50 minimum pretty much automatically makes it a mans (or would grownups be politically correct?) e'hem Grownups Roundtable anyway... YADA YADA YADA BLAH BLAH BLAH... Count me in on the POS roundtable ::tounge:: :)

I see where your comming from in some points but you lost me on others.
There is a old saying that maybe hasnt been passed down to the younger generation like it was us olfer folks "its better to give than recieve"
The 50.00 minimum is just a basic starting block from which you can give what your heart desires and your pockets allow. I myself drew who I consider one of my best friends here and I did try to give as best I could because it made me feel good as a person. I really didnt care what I got in return value wise.
Its as simple as you give what you think would make another member happy and thats it, you dont have to match what anyone else gives just give what you feel good giving.
There are many generous folks here that maybe are in a position to give knives in these swaps or just give knives for the heck of giving and they dont want or need a reason and it doesnt matter what they get in return. It really kinda bums me out that you feel this way,try and remember that its not about the $$$ its about giving and how good it makes you feel to do so.
I hope that maybe you see this in a different way know??? ;)
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
reddirtknives

Post by reddirtknives »

reddirtknives wrote:I wanna play... ::nod:: either POS + edc ~Or~ strictly POS It sounds like possibly more fun than the last $50 round table, That one got a bit excessive...
Sorry I mentioned the other round table at all and that extremely over the top comment ... "A bit excessive" :roll: I realize was an out of line over the top beyond excessive choice of words or thing to say. My experience was a good one and I'm glad everyone else's was the same. Isn't Life grand! :) But, I was questioned about my personal (out of line and out of touch) comment and since I was pulling an all nighter figured I would oblige the discourse. So, dragging it on out of boredom I decided to and felt obligated to explain the reason the POS + EDC could """possibly be more fun" for me and maybe even other people who might have been leery towards signing up for the $50 round table but watched the final results from behind the curtain. I was under the impression these round tables were in part to get other people involved in knife collecting and being a bit more active in the AAPK community ::shrug:: . So I mentioned some of my observations and personal thoughts and went on to play devils advocate ::super_happy:: (I had to make it a bit excessive ::nod:: ) I can only imagine what some young guy with a family, who tries to gain a knife here and there and wants to get involved in this hobby and AAPK could be thinking from behind the curtain ::hmm:: ...I know what I saw as a participant but I can't speak for him. ::facepalm:: ..Or could I ??? ::ds:: So I went on and on rambling total nonsense that had nothing to do with anything and was obviously a show of stupidity on my part.... ::groove:: It comes with being ::groove:: the fool ::groove:: I guess :oops: and as the great fool walks the tightrope he babbles on and on leading himself further from any truths or realities and missing all points of the subject,,, ::groove:: ,,, even the devil flees.. ::sneaky:: .or maybe the devil is me. ::sneaky:: ..as I wonder what thinks he...That man behind the curtain ::mdm:: ......... ::pray:: ......... my apologies to all.. ::handshake:: . Maybe the POS round table isn't for me as I seem to be WAAAYYYY off base ::undecided:: thats all I have to say on the matter lmao :mrgreen:
chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

::shrug:: ::dang:: ::handshake::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

philco wrote:
Iron Hoarder wrote:How a bout a two knife round table? One POS and a $20.00 knife?

How many of you folks would want to participate in a roundtable with these guidelines ? If there are enough to make it worthwhile (10 or more ) I'll start a signup thread for one.

Phil
I am down for it! ::tu::
Sounds like fun and it would be affordable for more folks.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

Hey DJ. This was my first "Good" knife exchange but I've done a couple of the POS exchanges, and let me assure you, the "good" knife exchange is fun, but the POS RT is a hell of a lot more fun. It's way more fun and a lot easier writing goofy crap about the POS that you sent and the one that you received than to write something sincere that has not already been said by someone else. Hang in there ol' Bud, Life is Good!! ::tu:: ::tu::
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

I've only participated in one POS roundtable, the last one here on AAPK. It was a lot of fun and it was very simple. A good opportunity to share some of our "prizes" with others who have the same love for pocket knives. I look forward to participating in the next round. Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

I'll look at it like this, if this roundtable takes shape......I'm gonna bomb the person I get.
Kinda follows the line of thinking of my buddy, gino! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb

Return to “AAPK Knife Giveaways”