December 2021 AAPK Monthly Giveaway

Enter our knife drawings here.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

December 2021 AAPK Monthly Giveaway

Post by bestgear »

This month KLJ77 (Ken) decided to donate for the second time in 2021 a 2008 Queen Cutlery Tool Steel 4185SMB Sabre Hunter fixed-blade knife with Fossilized Spalted Maple Burl handles. Overall length of this knife is 8 1/4 inches long with the blade measuring 4 1/8 inches long. Tang stamp reads "TITUSVILLE, PA. PH-D2” with the “QUEEN” emblem and the blade has a very nice etch which reads "QUEEN CUTLERY CO. #4185 TOOL STEEL" This knife is MINT, has never been carried and the blade has never been sharpened ... still has the factory edge on it … comes with a really nice Queen leather sheath with a belt loop and comes in the original Queen Cutlery box. This knife has been ‘discontinued’, so would be a prize for any Queen collector. Made in the United States. My photos of the Spalted Maple scales does not do them justice. Good luck!
Instructions for entering the giveaway...

Simply click here and select a number between 0 and 999.

You will have until December 31st (6:00 P.M. Eastern) to pick a number after which entries will not be considered. The winner will be determined by the Illinois State Lottery evening pick three drawing on December 31st. The individual closest to the selected number without going over will win. The Illinois lottery results can be found on the following website:

https://www.illinoislottery.com/dbg/results/pick3

You must be 18 years of age or older to play. The first-place winner will be sent an AAPK Private-Message (PM) after the drawing and will have 5 days to respond with contact and shipping information. If the first-place winner does not respond within the 5 days, the knife will be offered to the next player on the list without going over.

The next-place winner will be sent an AAPK PM, and they will have 3 days to respond with contact and shipping information. If the next-place winner does not respond within the 3 days, the knife will be offered in the same manner to the next-place winner on the list without going over.

Good Luck!
Attachments
Image 1.jpg
Image 2.jpg
Image 3.jpg
Image 4.jpg
Image 5.jpg
Image 6.jpg
Image 7.jpg
Image 8.jpg
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: December 2021 AAPK Monthly Giveaway

Post by doglegg »

Very cool and good-looking knife. Thanks for the donation. ::handshake::
Smalleyds

Post by Smalleyds »

Just entered. Good luck everyone. Thanks for the great looking knife.
JimGinSC

Post by JimGinSC »

Entered.

Beautiful knife!

Good luck to all!
Jim G in SC

“Mama made me quit carrying a knife when I got big enough to kill a man with my bare hands."
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Oooo ya baby! Now that's what I'm talking about brother Ken, ::woot::

Best of luck to all! May the best guesser win!
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
TPK

Post by TPK »

:shock: What a wonderful piece of cutlery! Those handles are breath taking! :shock:

Thanks for the chance Ken! ::handshake::

Thanks for the organisation Tom! ::handshake::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

There has not been a great deal of chatter in this thread about the great giveaway that my buddy Ken has donated.

After much black coffee pondering about this matter, I have reached the following 2 hypotheses:
  • 95 entries have been silently made with almost no posting activity this month indicating that people are trying to minimize attention to the giveaway thread thereby increasing their odds of winning (i.e., less players potentially).
  • the true "players" are waiting until the last minute to find the biggest gap between already selected numbers and select the next higher number, thereby having the most numbers between them and the next number.
So this posting spoils my first hypothesis, I wonder who will spoil my second hypothesis? Good luck to everyone who plays, somebody is going to have a very happy New Year's Day this coming Saturday!
::ds::

Tom
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

Guilty... ::paranoid::

Thanks for the reminder Tom, and Thank you Ken for the chance at this beautiful knife! ::handshake::
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Thanks to everyone who placed a comment on this month's knife. Good Luck to all you number pickers and Thanks for taking the time to play ::tu::

Tomorrow, I'll be finalizing the packing up of this 'safe queen' or 'user', getting it ready to ship out to the lucky winner. Hopefully, this give-away will be a 'first timer' win. Nevertheless, whomever the winner is, you're going to REALLY like and appreciate this knife. It's a beauty...and, they're hard to find at a decent price now-a-days. And the only price one has to pay for this one is...submitting a number.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

While it is a beautiful knife, and a very generous gesture to give it away, it's not in me to possibly win a knife that wouldn't get carried and used.
I'm not a collector, but an accumulator, that is, all my knives see carry time. I don't have safe queens, but that's me.

So, there ya go. I'll only play for knives I'll carry. I'll give those who will carry, or who will find a prominent place in their safe for this one better odds to win.

Congrats to the winner, whoever you may be!

And Ken, again, I tip my hat to you for your generosity!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Thanks, Steve, for your input and kind comment. I fully understand your mindset regarding carrying your knives. If I'm fortunate enough to be a 'donator' again, I'll have to put up a folder to entice you to play. ::nod:: ::handshake::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Friday Dec 31 - 2021.jpg
Dec Winner.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Thank you Jerry for jumping on the announcement last evening, more hands always make the lift lighter, thank you!

Congratulations to StHubert who has been a forum member for slightly over 3-months and has contributed to some of the on-going conversations. We appreciate you being a part of the AAPK family and participating in our monthly knife giveaway!

You have a PM awaiting your reply to claim this beautiful Queen Cutlery Tool Steel 4185SMB Sabre Hunter that Ken has graciously donated. Happy New Year ::ds::

Tom
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Grump01
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Grump01 »

Congrats StHubert ! ! ! ! !
Don
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

So here we are again - 5 days have passed since I announced the first-place winner of the December 2021 AAPK Monthly Knife Giveaway with no reply to my PM :( so this morning I am declaring that philco is the new winner of that beautiful 2008 Queen Cutlery Tool Steel 4185SMB Sabre Hunter that Ken has donated. If my records are correct, this is the third time that Phil has won the monthly giveaway with the prior winnings being:
  • July 2014 - Remington 1993 Eliphalet 200th Anniversary Musket Barlow Knife in Box with COA
  • August 2016 - Utica Made In USA Coffin Jack
Congratulations! ::ds::

Tom
Tom
AAPK Administrator

orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Congrats Phil!! ::ds::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

bestgear wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:19 pm So here we are again - 5 days have passed since I announced the first-place winner of the December 2021 AAPK Monthly Knife Giveaway with no reply to my PM :( so this morning I am declaring that philco is the new winner of that beautiful 2008 Queen Cutlery Tool Steel 4185SMB Sabre Hunter that Ken has donated. If my records are correct, this is the third time that Phil has won the monthly giveaway with the prior winnings being:
  • July 2014 - Remington 1993 Eliphalet 200th Anniversary Musket Barlow Knife in Box with COA
  • August 2016 - Utica Made In USA Coffin Jack
Congratulations! ::ds::

Tom
Tom Thanks for all your time and effort here .
Ken Beautiful knife and your generosity is not gone unnoticed .
Phil. Enjoy your new Queen .
JP
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Congrats Phil!!! ::tu::
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Congrats! Phil ::tu::

Thanks JP for your kind words. ::handshake::
LJ

philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Thanks everyone and especially thank you Ken for donating this beautiful knife, and Tom for keeping this giveaway rolling along so well from month to month. PM Sent Tom ! ::ds::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

philco wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:28 pm Thanks everyone and especially thank you Ken for donating this beautiful knife, and Tom for keeping this giveaway rolling along so well from month to month. PM Sent Tom ! ::ds::
WE HAVE A WINNER. While everyone here already knew that Phil was a winner, he's now a winner-extraordinaire :roll: Congratulations ::ds::

Thank you to everyone who participated in last month's giveaway and for the kind comments about my coordination of the giveaway .... this is one of best volunteer positions I've ever had because I'm guaranteed at least 12 big smiles every year, who could ask for more?
Tom
AAPK Administrator

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Congrats Phil. Happy for you. ::handshake::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Very good. Nicely done. Congrats Phil. ::groove::
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Your knife is on it's way, Phil. But of course, you already know that. ::tu:: Just wanted everyone else to know "it's in the mail".
LJ

philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Knife arrived safely in my mailbox on Saturday. Unfortunately, I was unable to retrieve it from the mailbox until last night. We have had a significant snowfall and I had to wait until the driveway was safe to traverse before fetching that beauty. Even though I've never had anything stolen in all the years I've lived here, I was a bit apprehensive knowing that beautiful knife was sitting in the mailbox down there 1/4 mile away at the bottom of my very slick driveway. It warmed up and rained yesterday eventually melting away the snow.

Ken I'm amazed that you were able to part with such a magnificent specimen. I'm very grateful to win it. This knife will be a permanent part of my collection. Thank you so much !
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Return to “AAPK Knife Giveaways”