Open Season For 2022 Monthly Knife Giveaway Donors

Enter our knife drawings here.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Open Season For 2022 Monthly Knife Giveaway Donors

Post by bestgear »

Thank you for taking the time to open and read this post. I am looking for donors to support our monthly knife giveaway starting in May of 2022. I‘m sure that many of you who participate in the monthly knife giveaway have thought about being a monthly donor, but it has never materialized for one reason or another. Well, now is your chance to put a smile on the face of someone who is all likelihood you’ll never meet. You’ll have access to a captive audience that will know what a generous human being you are based on the quality of the knife you donate. Finally, you get to feel good about giving one of your prized possessions to someone who will cherish it for the remainder of their lifetime. I ask you, where else can you experience euphoria like this other than with the AAPK Monthly Knife Giveaway?

If any of this resonates with you and you’d like to be a donor for one of the open months in 2022, shoot me a PM with:
  • your complete contact information (real name, address, email address, and telephone number)
  • a description of the knife you’d like to donate
  • as many pictures as you’d like of the donated knife
  • the month that you’d like to be a donor.
Please don’t send me a PM saying “pencil me in for November” because that creates an unnecessary challenge for me each month. Please comply with the bulleted list above to be added to the 2022 donor list.

Once the 2022 open season has ended and I have donors lined up, your next opportunity will be about 9-months from now, so act quickly if you have a burning desire to thin your herd a bit and make a fellow forum member very happy.

Peace! Tom
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Open Season For 2022 Monthly Knife Giveaway Donors

Post by bestgear »

58 views and only 1 donor commitment ... not sure what to make of that but giving this thread a bump :|
Tom
AAPK Administrator

bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

92 views of this posting have yielded 3 fine AAPK members willing to support the Monthly Knife Giveaway in 2022. Thank you Rick, Steve and David.

Are you AAPK store owners taking notice of what happened last month with sharpnshinyknives donation? Not only did it yield multiple transactions in his AAPK store but he received a great deal of traffic from the Facebook posting (https://www.facebook.com/pg/allaboutpocketknives/posts/). We'd welcome the opportunity to showcase an AAPK store through the Monthly Knive Giveaway program.

After this "bump", I'm going to give it a rest through the weekend and see where we stand next week. I need 5 more donors for 2022, surely someone out there has a spare knife or 500 that they could spare to support AAPK ::shrug::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

OK so after 117 views of this post we have added 4 total donors to the 2022 line-up (thank you Rick, Steve, David and Jerry) and 3 of those donors have donated in the past 2 years. Being the inquiring mind that I am, I looked into this a bit more and discovered an interesting fact:
  • In the past 24 giveaway's (months), we've had 409 unique players of which 400 have never been a donor since the beginning of the giveaways (April 2005)
If you are one of those 400, why not consider becoming a donor and let the world know how much you appreciate this forum and the members that support it?

We need 4 more donors for 2022 and I'm passionately seeking first-time donors .... please step-up ::handshake::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

eveled

Post by eveled »

How do i see which months are open?
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

eveled wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:19 pm How do i see which months are open?
Right now I have July, October, November and December open and I'm starting a list of members willing to "fill-in" for the times when someone cannot fulfill their commitment to be a donor.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

eveled

Post by eveled »

Ok. Thanks
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

eveled wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:41 pmOk. Thanks
it is I that thanks you Ed!

So now we are up to 134 views and this is where we stand for the 2022 line-up:
  • :D March - WillyCamaro
  • :D April - SafdE26
  • :D May - Cletus Awreetus
  • :D June - Railsplitter
  • :D July - eveled
  • :D August - jerryd6818
  • :D September - dlr110
  • :( October ???
  • :( November ???
  • :( December ???
I promise this will be my last ask (I feel like Jerry Lewis) - I tip my hat to those that have stepped up to keep this important program going and passionately ask for 3 more donors to complete the 2022 line-up ......... LAST CALL!
Tom
AAPK Administrator

QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

bestgear wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:46 pm passionately ask for 3 more donors to complete the 2022 line-up ......... LAST CALL!
Tom, I'm preparing a PM to send you with all the required information to donate to the monthly giveaway. (Just need a minute or two to get some decent photos lined up.) :)
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

QTCut5 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:41 pm
bestgear wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:46 pm passionately ask for 3 more donors to complete the 2022 line-up ......... LAST CALL!
Tom, I'm preparing a PM to send you with all the required information to donate to the monthly giveaway. (Just need a minute or two to get some decent photos lined up.) :)
Quintas - my brother from another mother - Aloha and Mahalo! Of course I’ll hold a space for you. Good to hear your voice. Tom
Tom
AAPK Administrator

bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

So this thread is now at 175 views and we now have a donor for all months in 2022 ::ds::

We have 7 repeat donors and 5 new donors for 2022 and I am genuinely thankful to each of them for supporting this important program here at AAPK.

If you are just reading this now and feel left-out, don't worry, I always maintain a list of interested fill-in donors who step-up when a scheduled donor cannot fulfill their obligation for one reason or another. If you'd like to be added to that list, shoot me a PM and let me know!

It should be a good year of monthly knife giveaways and making at least 12 people happy! ::nod::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Return to “AAPK Knife Giveaways”