2022 POS Exchange

Enter our knife drawings here.
tongueriver

Re: 2022 POS Exchange

Post by tongueriver »

Berryb wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:33 pm On the way to tongue river. Luckily it only has to travel to the next state, less time to "ripen" further. thanks
Bruce
Thankee! I think. Waiting with baited breath (now I know why they used the word 'bait').
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

2 day package headed your way, Dimitri. Might need to put a close pin on your nose when collecting your mail. 😉
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Kolvir
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Kolvir »

Remember everyone, post photos of your newfound treasures when they arrive, before you add them to the compost pile.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

galvanic1882 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:44 pmHoly Crap Tom I did not know I was supposed to weigh the darn thing!! They wanted out of the PO as soon as I walked in with your pile of stuff ah em!!
always a pleasure Mike - hopefully I have some good Khama working in my favor.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

Glennbad,
A box is headed your way.
catspa

Post by catspa »

Package sent, although he’ll need a pocketknife to open it. Sure hope he’s got one handy.

Parker
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

tongueriver wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:52 pm Waiting with baited breath (now I know why they used the word 'bait').
Sorry to be a grammar Nazi (i.e., former English teacher), but, actually the term is "bated breath" :)
https://www.vocabulary.com/articles/par ... ed-breath/
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

bestgear wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:39 pm 2 lbs. and 9 ozs. of the finest cutlery and packaging material east of the Mississippi headed to Rockford IL - with any luck it will pass all inspections and land safely later this week ::nod::
Careful what you say you have a 5 pounder coming LOL get rid of 2 1/2 pounds and get double in a couple days
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Herbva you now have some lovely specimens headed your way.

I thought I'd let you know now while we're still on speaking terms. 8)
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
knifegnome
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifegnome »

BerryB
Over 4 pounds of crap coming your way.Sorry.
Scott
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Kolvir, your package is officially on it's way!
It is definitely a POS (Pile of Scat)!
I should know, as I have an advanced degree in BS (Bovine Scatology).

I would apologize in advance, but this is kinda the point to the whole thing, isn't it?
Attachments
6FF2358B-9D69-4E15-BAEA-677AB3B7F5ED.jpeg
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

bestgear wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:24 pm
galvanic1882 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:44 pmHoly Crap Tom I did not know I was supposed to weigh the darn thing!! They wanted out of the PO as soon as I walked in with your pile of stuff ah em!!
always a pleasure Mike - hopefully I have some good Khama working in my favor.
Just got a email stating you have POS in your mailbox at 11:34 am today…best get it out of there before it builds up gas and blows the $hit out of you mailbox….
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
Nev52

Post by Nev52 »

This was my 1st time doing the POS exchange. I don't think I did it correctly: :oops: I really sent a POS to my recipient: ::dang:: :: I got a great box of stuff from Miller Bro"s. ::groove::
Next year I will know how to participate.

Sorry Edge213 :oops:

Nev
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Nev52 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:03 pm This was my 1st time doing the POS exchange. I don't think I did it correctly: :oops: I really sent a POS to my recipient: ::dang:: :: I got a great box of stuff from Miller Bro"s. ::groove::
Next year I will know how to participate.

Sorry Edge213 :oops:

Nev
No problem buddy ::tu::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I checked tracking and it said my box from Jerry was in Sioux Falls and out for delivery. I thought something was in the air when I went outside this morning.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

QTCut5 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:52 am
tongueriver wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:52 pm Waiting with baited breath (now I know why they used the word 'bait').
Sorry to be a grammar Nazi (i.e., former English teacher), but, actually the term is "bated breath" :)
https://www.vocabulary.com/articles/par ... ed-breath/
Learned two things today.

1) ~Q~ was an English teacher
2) It's "bated breath", not "baited breath" or even bait on your breath.

Old Cutler -- Just checked and your crap is out for delivery. Bwa Ha Ha Ha
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Tinroof has not read my PM from early on, but his pile was delivered a few minutes ago. Well, if nothing else, I heard the price of fertilizer is sky-high in Indiana. And don't let it ride too long in your mailbox or it will need a paint job.
Kolvir
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Kolvir »

Yours went out today, treefarmer, sorry for the delay. I got a little oddball with it.....
beresman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by beresman »

I got to the PO later than I had hoped to; Dale, your package is on the way with an ETA of Tuesday. Gives you an extra day or two to prepare your hazmat suit.

And my package arrived today, thank you Mr. Fallen! Quite the outpouring of...love!

I say that and yet there are some cool things that sprang out of the box. Several different potential users, including Schrade and Ulster versions of the same stockman, and a Boker USA and an itty-bitty Case.

Also found a Case electricians knife, an old Crucible scout knife, and a Winchester (Chinese) with 11 different tools, half of which cannot be accessed unless you have deployed at least one other tool first (making it hazardous to open the second)...and I still haven't figured out how to get at the ruler/file (one implement with a file surface on one side and hash marks in centimeters on the other) without using another knife blade. And anyway, what good is a ruler only 6cm long?

But the best is the fancy little brass sword with the equally fancy brass sheath. It's marked "Turkey", and I can't wait to try it out next Thanksgiving!
Attachments
IMG_3015.jpeg
IMG_3019.jpeg
IMG_3020.jpeg
IMG_3023.jpeg
IMG_3024.jpeg
IMG_3021.jpeg
Brent
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I just put hamilpb's package in the mail this afternoon. All four pounds, 13 ounces worth.
bladebuddy

Post by bladebuddy »

Well the smelly box of international poo has arrived from Georgia courtesy of Jody (JODY744).

Actually I would use any of these kitchen tools. My supervisor(wife) called dibs on the ulu as soon as she saw it, so I sharpened it up.
The can opener looks to be from the sixties, the handle is stamped 49 cents.
The cheese slicers are imports one from Norway the other from Sweden.
The warncliff paring knife came with a nice old sheath and is etched from Germany. A few passes on the ceramic rod and it’s ready for kitchen duty.
The two multiblade knifes are from China, the actual Poo in the box. Not safe to use, too much blade play.
That leaves the little wood handled button knife from China the gem of this pile. It fires well and is well constructed. ::ds::
The catalog from K & G finishing supplies is interesting, 1988 prices.
Thank you Jody, hope you get some nice stuff too. Steve B.
Attachments
image.jpg
Steve B.
Keep your edge sharp, otherwise you just can't cut it.

Looking for Carrier Cutlery and early Robeson with Elmira tang stamps.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

This is the official warning to socalfear that his POS package is on the way. :shock:
I feel it's only fair to warn him since he just joined AAPK a couple weeks ago.
I have to give him props for his courage and bravery of signing up for the POS exchange as a new member! He has no idea how sideways that could go!
Fortunately for our new friend, I am out of real stinkers! Or should I say I don't have any close at hand without digging through the outhouse for some real doozies, And I didn't feel like inflicting that on myself! ::nod::
So our new friend and new member got off fairly easily. I don't think there's anything in there that will wreck his sinuses or his sense of smell. ::sneaky::

Welcome aboard Marcus! I hope you enjoy the POS exchange and I hope this is the first of many that you will enjoy.
AAPK is about knives and about camaraderie and friendship, not necessarily in that order!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

beresman wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:48 pm I got to the PO later than I had hoped to; Dale, your package is on the way with an ETA of Tuesday. Gives you an extra day or two to prepare your hazmat suit.

And my package arrived today, thank you Mr. Fallen! Quite the outpouring of...love!

I say that and yet there are some cool things that sprang out of the box. Several different potential users, including Schrade and Ulster versions of the same stockman, and a Boker USA and an itty-bitty Case.

Also found a Case electricians knife, an old Crucible scout knife, and a Winchester (Chinese) with 11 different tools, half of which cannot be accessed unless you have deployed at least one other tool first (making it hazardous to open the second)...and I still haven't figured out how to get at the ruler/file (one implement with a file surface on one side and hash marks in centimeters on the other) without using another knife blade. And anyway, what good is a ruler only 6cm long?

But the best is the fancy little brass sword with the equally fancy brass sheath. It's marked "Turkey", and I can't wait to try it out next Thanksgiving!
I also had a giant cleaver in the box but at last minute pulled it out for fellow member that is obsessed with big knives… it was a good 2” long….LOL but that one is headed to Canada for madmarco….I had fun putting the stuff together I do hope you find things that you may use and amusing, on the brass sword be careful and not loose any body parts to the sharpness of it.
Jamie
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

philco wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:07 am Herbva you now have some lovely specimens headed your way.

I thought I'd let you know now while we're still on speaking terms. 8)
Phil, we are definitely still on speaking terms! I actually am really happy with the very nice package you sent me. I think that several of the specimens you sent are restorable, or at least can be made usable and you certainly didn't need to slip that very nice goody in, but it certainly is very much appreciated! I hope that I draw your name next year and can return the favor! Thanks! ::ds::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

When I was notified that I'd be receiving my POS package from a newbie who had only being around AAPK for a few weeks I was a bit concerned that he might not have a firm grasp of the POS concept. Boy was I wrong! Hamiipb aka Nick may be new here but I'm tellin' ya he catches on QUICK ! :lol: He pulled out all the stops, even including a very appropriate treasure chest to hold much of the more than generous bounty he shared. Below are some pictures for all to enjoy.
Thank you Nick. Well played, sir. Well played. ::tu::
Attachments
IMG_8661.JPG
IMG_8660.JPG
IMG_8659.JPG
IMG_8658.JPG
IMG_8657.JPG
IMG_8656.JPG
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Return to “AAPK Knife Giveaways”