2022 POS Exchange

Enter our knife drawings here.
Kolvir
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

2022 POS Exchange

Post by Kolvir »

Copied from last year's post which was copied from previous year's post which was copied...

For anyone who has been sheltered throughout life, POS = Piece Of Fecal Matter. Not Parent Over Shoulder or Positivity Outstanding Service, Point of Sale, Persistent Offensive Smell(though this fits) etc...

Sometime after the first of the new year we gather up choice selections from all the crap we've accumulated during the previous year and send it to some other lucky soul on the forum.

READ THIS!
Participation is totally voluntary. You have from now until the end of the day Friday March 4th to sign up as a participant by posting your desire to be part of the grand exchange here in this thread. I'm allowing more time this year for the sign up due to a few that just missed it last year, though I'll probably regret it.

You also need to send me (Kolvir) a private message with your name and shipping address when you sign up. Please don't make me chase you down for your shipping information, as I probably wont! In that case instead of a POS you will be SOL.

No PM means no POS package.

If you are new to the forum and don't know how to send a private message (pm), ask.

After the sign up period ends I'll put all the participants names into a hat(actually I'm not much of a hat person, so it probably wont be an actual hat, maybe a box or a bowl or I'll get cute and attempt to write a program in a new computer language I'm attempting to learn, but I'll probably be too lazy to get it done in time and just use a box. So assume a box to be safe, though last year I did a lot in a spreadsheet.) and conduct a drawing to see to whom(I wonder if I'm using this right? Can never decide if it should be who or whom, but whom sounds more classy, and this thread needs all the class it can get) you will send a POS knife. I will post the drawing results here on Saturday, March 5th and will also send you a private message with the name and shipping information for the person you have drawn and are to send a POS knife (or knives) to. You will then have until Friday, March 11th to prepare and ship that POS knife (or knives) to the new owner. Ship as quickly unto others as you would have them ship unto you.

All participants are encouraged to post photos of and comments about their new "treasures" here on this thread.

Rules -- There are none. Old knives, new knives, good knives, bad knives. U.S. knives, foreign knives, all are welcome.

However there are some conventions. It is requested you don't send a pile of parts, whole knives only (tipped or used to death blades are okay). Also nothing that's so rusty you can't get the blades open. Those are not knives, they're just scrap metal.

As for the number of knives you send, it can be one to a brazillion. One knife is not frowned on but then neither is several knives. It's all about personal choice.

Here are some threads of past exchanges to give you an idea of how it works and what has been sent before, more threads are out there for those who search:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70407&hilit=2021+POS
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51576
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56726
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65269

Neither I, the sender, or AAPKs are liable for any relationships destroyed with your mail delivery person, anyone else in your household, neighbors, homeowners associations, or communities and countries downwind of packages received. Fines levied by the EPA are your responsibility.

Reminder dates:
PM Sent to me by March 4th
Address of receiver sent to you March 5th
Packages sent by March11th
knifegnome
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 2022 POS Exchange

Post by knifegnome »

I'm all in.
Scott
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Wow, it's POS Roundtable time already? Seems like my eyes have just barely stopped watering from the lingering odor of the POS pile I got in the last exchange. ::teary_eyes::

And since Willy Camero didn't run the Secret Santa knife exchange last Xmas, I guess I'll have to add the knife I was saving for that to the POS exchange instead. (Hopefully the recipient will be able to tell the difference ::undecided:: )

PM Sent. ::nod::
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

QTCut5 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:36 am Wow, it's POS Roundtable time already? Seems like my eyes have just barely stopped watering from the lingering odor of the POS pile I got in the last exchange. ::teary_eyes::

And since Willy Camero didn't run the Secret Santa knife exchange last Xmas, I guess I'll have to add the knife I was saving for that to the POS exchange instead. (Hopefully the recipient will be able to tell the difference ::undecided:: )

Q, I resemble that remark! Count me in , I have been saving my good stuff. This year I will use even more stamps!
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Count me in! I have been adding a lot of extra fiber to my diet...
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I was figuring it was that time of year again.

Last year, I went on such a knife buying bender early on, that the pile of POS knives left over from big cheap lots I bought to get one or two decent ones ended up bigger than the manure pile out behind the barn.
beresman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by beresman »

OK, I''m in! I need to clear off the workbench...and the floor...and the kitty litter box...
Brent
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

PM sent. Time to shovel out all the accumulated Shtuff. ::ds::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

PM sent declaring my intention to participate again in this lovely annual event of the redistribution of crap we don't need. ::nod::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

treefarmer wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:08 am the redistribution of crap we don't need. ::nod::
Treefarmer
Or want. :lol:
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

Count me in!! My 8 year old loves the unboxing also!
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

I'm in!
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

I'm in again...thoroughly enjoyed compiling a mess last year. But then, there just 'might' be a diamond in the rough. ::shrug::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

KLJ77 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:00 pm I'm in again...thoroughly enjoyed compiling a mess last year. But then, there just 'might' be a diamond in the rough. ::shrug::
I make it a habit to throw in a couple of (IMO) non'POS. Do unto others........
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

Pm was sent to participate. Thank you
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

QTCut5 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:36 am Wow, it's POS Roundtable time already? Seems like my eyes have just barely stopped watering from the lingering odor of the POS pile I got in the last exchange. ::teary_eyes::

Sorry boss! :oops:
I really wanted to get the 2nd SS up, but I just wasn't up to it this time around. Next time!
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Kolvir, count me in. Some of my best stuff falls into this category. ::facepalm::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I just signed up. Hope what I send is legal . . . ::skeptic::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

I'm in again Have a lot of beautiful ::ds:: stuff to unload.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Berryb

Post by Berryb »

I guess I'm in again. Got a load of stinkeroos ready to go to a deserving recipient. Thanls
Bruce
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Just waiting on the name of my victim.
Attachments
20220210_152704.jpg
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Heck yeah, you know I'm in!
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

Almost missed seeing this!! Of course, I'm in.

Thanks for doing this. ::ds::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Bump
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Whoever name I get may need a loading dock to accept fright deliver.. for the POS I need to send to them.
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv

Return to “AAPK Knife Giveaways”