2022 POS Exchange

Enter our knife drawings here.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 2022 POS Exchange

Post by treefarmer »

orvet wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:43 am That's really awesome Phil! And original Marbles' in a POS exchange! :mrgreen:
I hope he gets me next year! I'm sure you'll put all that good use Phil. ::tu::
Dale, I'll try and remember about the Marble's but let me tell you about the little Hammer Brand. I finally dug a little deeper and found the little Hammer Brand has the New York Knife Company stamp! The blades have a few chips but it is a great little knife. ::ds::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I'm not 100% sure what the status of my pile of Poo is. I want to believe the bottom entry but the Postal System is trying to give me an ulcer with the top entry. ::facepalm::

Tracking says:

March 14, 2022
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

March 14, 2022, 6:10 am
Out for Delivery
ROCKFORD, IL 61104
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:13 pmI'm not 100% sure what the status of my pile of Poo is
I'll wager a guess that the Postmaster General is in the same position - maybe using HazMat stickers on the box was a bad idea ::paranoid:: - fingers crossed for a delivery today. ::handshake::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

bestgear wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:25 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:13 pmI'm not 100% sure what the status of my pile of Poo is
I'll wager a guess that the Postmaster General is in the same position - maybe using HazMat stickers on the box was a bad idea ::paranoid:: - fingers crossed for a delivery today. ::handshake::
Sorry Tom, I should have given you the tracking number. It's out for delivery so you should have it today.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

::fc::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

glennbad wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:09 pm Unbeknownst to me, my POS package arrived last week, must have been on Friday. It must have stunk so bad that they left it in the warehouse on the shelf instead of bringing it over to my office in the other building.

Anyway, C-Wade7, you sure do know how this works. I mentioned to him that parts knives were okay to send. However, I'm not even sure that I can do anything positive with these!!! I do like a good challenge though. Well played, sir!

POS 2022.jpg
You have another package coming too, after looking around for 2 I knew I had I gave up, only to find them the next day. Should have came Saturday in a red bubble envelope.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

galvanic1882 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:38 pmI should have given you the tracking number. It's out for delivery so you should have it today.
No worries Mike but thanks for the heads-up!
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Kolvir
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Kolvir »

Dale, I'll try and remember about the Marble's but let me tell you about the little Hammer Brand. I finally dug a little deeper and found the little Hammer Brand has the New York Knife Company stamp! The blades have a few chips but it is a great little knife. ::ds::
Treefarmer
Glad you like it. I kinda liked it too, but I don't repair knives, so I'm glad it went to someone who appreciates it.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

C-WADE7 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:23 pm
glennbad wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:09 pm Unbeknownst to me, my POS package arrived last week, must have been on Friday. It must have stunk so bad that they left it in the warehouse on the shelf instead of bringing it over to my office in the other building.

Anyway, C-Wade7, you sure do know how this works. I mentioned to him that parts knives were okay to send. However, I'm not even sure that I can do anything positive with these!!! I do like a good challenge though. Well played, sir!

POS 2022.jpg
You have another package coming too, after looking around for 2 I knew I had I gave up, only to find them the next day. Should have came Saturday in a red bubble envelope.
True to his word, there was another package waiting for me today. Put my hazmat suit on and opened it. I didn't know IKEA sold knife kits, but this Anvil must certainly be one!
POS 2022-1.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Finally, the USPS came through and here's what I was impatiently waiting for.
Attachments
DSC01477.JPG
DSC01478.JPG
DSC01473.JPG
DSC01474.JPG
DSC01475.JPG
DSC01476.JPG
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

glennbad wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:42 pm
True to his word, there was another package waiting for me today. Put my hazmat suit on and opened it. I didn't know IKEA sold knife kits, but this Anvil must certainly be one!

POS 2022-1.jpg
Some assembly required😉
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:16 pmFinally, the USPS came through and here's what I was impatiently waiting for
:oops: too POS-ish for your taste? :oops:
Tom
AAPK Administrator

bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

galvanic1882 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:38 pm...it's out for delivery so you should have it today
True to form as promised earlier today the very-expensive-to-ship package arrived in Delaware from Arizona. At first glance, the box was very professional with the requisite number of fragile stickers alerting those in the Post Office to not handle it with care. Opening the box, again, very professional acid-free wrapping paper and bubble-wrapped contents, you can tell that he's done this a few thousand times.

I opened the first of two bubble-bundles and found these beauties:
2022 POS 1.jpg
There was zero odor, no oily residue on the surface but you could just tell something wasn't right (or maybe even twisted). Did you see that lipstick blade, that sucker fills a hole in my China collection, thank-you Mike!

I opened the second of two bubble-bundles and found these beauties:
2022 POS 2.jpg
Now, these fellas smelled, not poo smell but body odor smell, like somebody had an armpit sheath and carried these all during the Clinton administration or they were carried by soldiers riding camels - one of those two possibilities. Good golly Mike, I'll bet the equity on your home increased with this dump! So looking to make lemonade from these lemons, I said what if I put that single-blade Richardtz German knife in the tan leather purse, then from this pile I'd have one good carry piece. When I removed that beautiful Udylite knife from the purse and inserted the Richardtz, this is what I got:
2022 POS 3.jpg
I'll throw a few stitches in her and everything in the world will be fine. Thank you, Mike, this was great fun!
Tom
AAPK Administrator

cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Floyd's group arrived Saturday. Due to it snowing badly Saturday, I wasn't able to get out to the mailbox (quarter of a mile away at end of state maintenance) until Sunday. Took some photos last night, but I had to retake many of them. This particular phone is a POS itself. The camera is awful without good lighting.

I figured proceed with caution; since I knew there had to be some stinkers in here for this to be included: So,I called in Hazmat.

IMG_20220313_165019.jpg
Assorted odds and ends found in package: At least something is, for sure, worth two cents; even if it's two cents. Wrench and socket will come in handy. I actually recently misplaced my good 5/16 so this will be a spare until I can find another Blackhawk.
IMG_20220313_165216.jpg
The ring really creeps me out.
IMG_20220313_165226.jpg
Imperial Jack with broken blade, "B Rostfrei" stilleto with broken kick spring and missing rear bolster.
IMG_20220313_165537.jpg
The only real cheap knives. Frost Eagle Eye, Copperlock clone, Pakistan lockback, and a worn-out Barracuda (Frost) tactical.
IMG_20220313_165351.jpg
Schrade (Taylor/China) 220OT and Japanese pen.
IMG_20220313_174114(1).jpg
The ergonomics are pretty bad due to the hatchet/cleaver blade, but I plan to put the 220OT through the wringer. I have bought close to half a dozen Chinese Old TImers but never kept them. This is a pattern that typically sees hard use. The penknife is not bad at all.

Camillus Army Engineer's Knife (4-line). I have a blade from a similar civilian pattern (but marked "MADE IN USA") that may fit. What is strange is that the screwdriver, can opener, and awl have no damage. I think I may be able to rebuild it into a user.

IMG_20220313_165730.jpg

However, a lot of good stuff in here as well.

Colonial miniature. Used, not abused.
IMG_20220314_172327(1).jpg

Serpentine Jack. Used, not abused.
IMG_20220314_172350(3).jpg
Hobo; probably never used or carried. First USA-made example in my collection.
Attachments
IMG_20220314_172624(1).jpg
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Part 2; as I couldn't add any more attachments, as I'd reached the limit.

Wells Fargo advertising Jack--brand new, and still in the wrapper.
IMG_20220314_172234(3).jpg

Imperial Frontier 4034 Slim Serpentine in Gunpowder Black Synthetic (black Delrin)--introduced in 1978. Been in my pocket since I did preliminary cleaning last night.
IMG_20220314_172427(1).jpg
I wonder why 3/4 of what you see of these always have yellow ink for the ad? My Granddad got a very similar pattern in 1978 as a production award from Pittston Coal, and yep, yellow ink. Also, Frontier knives tend to dominate coal advertiser, safety award, and production award knives from the mid '70s-early 1980s.

IMG_20220314_172436.jpg
And finally, the piece de resistance,

Remington R6465 in white/yellow Pyralin. This is my first Remington that isn't a worn-out parts knife. It's in excellent condition for its age; and snaps so hard, it will lop off a finger.

IMG_20220314_172506.jpg
In my opinion, there really aren't many POS in here. The Frost Eagle Eye and Copperlock clone are cheap, but usable--aka the kind of knife I don't mind using hard or losing. Half the Colonials were essentially new, unused knives. The Imperial/Frontier is just a solid user, and the Remington quite collectible. And, the sockets and wrenches are ready to sub in when I lose them again.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Cody, glad they arrived safe. After your description they sounded a lot better than they are. Back when I worked on traffic signals, I found sockets and wrenches often at intersections. Glad you have a use for them. Thanks for letting me play. ::handshake::
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

My POS pkg arrived Saturday but just got around to getting pictures.
1st. The real POS pieces. Haven't bother to figure out what they are, will probably end up in next exchange (or the garbage!)
pos 1.jpg
Next couple of Pakistan, I have a small collection of minis so the little "gun" will have a home there, the small lockback appears unused.
pos 2.jpg
This is my favorite, Japan made swing guard, I didn't have a swing guard of any kind. It will clean up nicely
pos 3.jpg
Lastly, the required China, big and shiny
pos 4.jpg
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
socalfear

Post by socalfear »

Not sure if I'm in the minority here, but I love my HAUL.... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! My wife and I especially liked the sheathed bowie
"Because when I remove the blade I keep in my boot from its sheath, I can't return it until it has spilled blood." ::woot::
Attachments
knives2.jpg
catspa

Post by catspa »

Hey y’all, today I embarked on an expedition down to the log hut that houses the local Pony Express office. They handed over my package from Glenn, but not before complaining that they wore out 3 ponies getting it across the country. “From the mountains, to the prairies, to the ocean, white with foam…”

So I hightailed it outa there with the package, had to git while the gittin was good, and didn’t stop til I crossed my own threshold. Then I huddled in my hovel and gnawed open the bindings.

Wellsir, it turns out Glenn musta been sufferin from a severe case of generosity last week. I discovered a dozen and a half of the cutest little cutters y’ever did see. There was 1 bladers, 2 bladers, 3 and 4 bladers in there, and I’ll be dadgummed if there wasn’t an Imperial 6-blade as well. Uncommon around these parts, musta come from the fancy side of New England.

Anyway, when my GF came over she took up the
Frost whittler and was handling it, and it bit her right on the finger. Good thing we’re both trained in first aid, and got the bleeding stopped before a transfusion was required. She’s resting quietly now, in mostly stable condition.

I think my favorite is the Hammer Brand shell bolster Barlow with blue swirl celluloid, followed closely by the 6 blade Imperial. I’m taking that one for a ride tomorrow.

My pic-posting skills leave much to be desired, as does my signal strength, out here in the boonies. But I’ll try to post it separately so it doesn’t screw up this message.

Thanks Glenn, there’s nothing to complain about in this package. BTW, I’ve admired your repair work on this forum for a long time, and I kinda expected some toolbox dregs and floor sweepings, but these are some real nuggets. Thank ya kindly.

Parker
catspa

Post by catspa »

Okay, so here comes the pic.

Um, maybe not. Stand by.

Well shoot, fellas. Looks like I’m not adequate to the task, sorry.

Parker
Kolvir
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Kolvir »

Looks like a nice, successful exchange of 'S'. Hope everyone had a good time, we'll try it again next year and see how many of these 'gifts' get yet another new home.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Hold on a minute...the POS Exchange can't be over until everyone has sent/received a package and I haven't received my POS pkg from socalfear yet. :|
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

OK, my POS pkg finally arrived and I gotta say, I'm not sure socalfear understood the "rules" correctly because each one of these so-called POS knives has some actual POtential as users/beaters.

First is this Leatherman Super Tool (which is also super heavy...I suppose the weight could make it useful to anchor a boat should the need arise ::undecided:: )
P3200010.JPG

It took me a minute to decipher what at first glance appeared to be some kind of ancient cuneiform hieroglyphics etched on the handle :?
(Hint: if you turn it upside down you can clearly see that it says "FEAR")
P3200009.JPG

but, just in case others were not as clever as I was, the translation is etched on the other side as well
P3200004.JPG

all the tools open and lock, although it took me yet another minute to figure out how to release the locking mechanism (it's a bit complicated for what should be a handy multi-tool, IMHO...perhaps that's why it ended up as a POS ::shrug:: ) It only has a little rust on it, nothing terminal though.
P3200001.JPG

Next is a fully functional Smith & Wesson Special Tactical with black tanto blade and super grippy rubberized handle. Nothing wrong with it as far as I can tell; could serve quite nicely as a prybar. ::nod::
P3200005.JPG

And lastly, my personal favorite of the bunch: an EZ Open Woodie for the discerning bearded man on the go. (Unfortunately, my beard is too short to need a comb this big, so hopefully I'll draw Sasquach's name in next year's POS Exchange!) :lol:
P3200006.JPG
P3200003.JPG

NOW I think we can finally call the 2022 POS Exchange complete. Another year of great fun and laughs. I believe a good time was had by all. :D

And thanks again to Kolvir for organizing this most entertaining event for the second year in a row (his day job must be herding cats). ::tu::
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

QTCut5 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:10 am(Unfortunately, my beard is too short to need a comb this big, so hopefully I'll draw Sasquach's name in next year's POS Exchange!) :lol:
That literally made me LOL !
..... now everyone in the break room is starin' at me . . ..

::suspense::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

When is the 2023 POS exchange? I am getting itchy!!
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"

Return to “AAPK Knife Giveaways”