2022 POS Exchange

Enter our knife drawings here.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 2022 POS Exchange

Post by doglegg »

It is fun looking at some of the knives recycled from past POS givings.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Got a package of stinkers from Bladebuddy today. The Russell advertisement was a nice touch . ::tu:: Well played Blade buddy well played. ::handshake::
Attachments
IMG_0998.JPG
IMG_1016.JPG
David
bladebuddy

Post by bladebuddy »

David I thought you would like to add the Queen Barlow to your EDC rotation. I noticed you hadn’t shown one in posts.
Steve B.
Keep your edge sharp, otherwise you just can't cut it.

Looking for Carrier Cutlery and early Robeson with Elmira tang stamps.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

A big thanx to BerryB for the nice haul! ::tu:: Along with good ammo for next year, the paring knife is going to be a regular desk knife (I like it) and the bar knife is going into the van in case I see an orphan bottle of red lying in the ditch (hey.... ya never know).
pos002.jpg
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

tongueriver wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:42 pm A big thanx to BerryB for the nice haul! ::tu:: Along with good ammo for next year, the paring knife is going to be a regular desk knife (I like it) and the bar knife is going into the van in case I see an orphan bottle of red lying in the ditch (hey.... ya never know).
pos002.jpg

That Kabar looks oddly familiar.....
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

DM11 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:16 pm Got a package of stinkers from Bladebuddy today. The Russell advertisement was a nice touch . ::tu:: Well played Blade buddy well played. ::handshake::
David, you might as well set that old crappy Queen Barlow aside for next years POS Exchange, but be sure to draw my name! :)
Bladebuddy hit the nail on the head with that one! ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

bladebuddy wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:24 pm David I thought you would like to add the Queen Barlow to your EDC rotation. I noticed you hadn’t shown one in posts.
Yes sir buddy. It'll get carried. I sure do like it. Thank you! ::tu::
treefarmer wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:29 pm
David, you might as well set that old crappy Queen Barlow aside for next years POS Exchange, but be sure to draw my name! :)
Bladebuddy hit the nail on the head with that one! ::tu::
Treefarmer
Yes he did Philip. It sure has nice bone covers. Big Q tang stamp. ::tu::
David
knifegnome
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifegnome »

Got my pos box from qtcut5 , got some stickers,a nice Case trapper and a neat little fixed blade,even got a chicken dinner,thanks.
Attachments
IMG_20220311_175756.jpg
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Kolvir wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:27 pm Got mine from Reverand yesterday. My dog was really interested in the package, but then I've seen him eat poop.

The little Chinese multi tool isn't bad and will come in handy. They stuff in the upper right is nice, some old imperials that are neat.

Thank you.

20220310_151723.jpg
Kolvir, that little Western congress (with one aluminum handle) is one that I got from Orvet a couple of years back. I often get Parts knives from the POS exchange, but could not find one single usable part in that thing! I used it in my shop for a bit, until I felt too sorry for it and decided to share the misery!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

knifegnome wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:22 am Got my pos box from qtcut5 , got some stickers,a nice Case trapper and a neat little fixed blade,even got a chicken dinner,thanks.
Winner Winner chicken dinner! That looks familiar. Nice of Q to share. lol
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Nev52

Post by Nev52 »

Here is the loot I got from Miller Bro's ::ds:: ::tu:: ::groove::

Nev
Miller Bro's.jpg
Berryb

Post by Berryb »

So I got my POS from Scott (knifegnome) yesterday. What a pile! Some of it continued to disintegrate in the box but it was well enough taped that no leakage occurred. Lets start with the belt buckle; I have not seen my belt buckle in quite some time, when other people could no longer see my belt buckle I switched to suspenders. If I need to show it to others it might need to stay in the box. There are several that will go in my pile of worn out wooden handled knives with desirable tang stamps. Actually some are keepers: A Scotchline hunting and fishing knife that will slide right into my tackle collection, a nifty little Case lockback that will slide right into my pocket, what appears to be an unused melon tester(I have a friend that collects them), and oddly what may be the worst knife in the pile, I'm keepin'. While every other knife Scott sent started out as decent to fist rate, this one started life as a POS. This brings me to the bulk of the pile. It's hard to believe the many kinds of abuse that these suffered to make them fodder for the POS exchange; Sharpened on grinders, opening paint cans, the bottoms of wet tackle boxes, even a scout knife that looks like it got dropped in a campfire. The mind reels. thanks
Bruce
Attachments
pos2022-1.jpg
pos2022-4.jpg
pos2022-6.jpg
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Berryb, what a pile! ::woot::
What do you know about the Scotchline knife? I've been interested in the G. Schrade Stainless Steel Hunting & Fishing Knives. It appears the Scotchline, almost a copy, has a similar stamped handle. The moose and the fish are reversed and it is stamped Fishing & Hunting Knife rather than a Hunting & Fishing Knife. And the handle/frame is shaped a bit differently than the Schrade knife. I'm still looking for a G. Schradle handle with the Boker blade.
Anyhow, you have a nice pile to explore, knifegnome must have cleaned house. :)
Treefarmer
I just found a bit of info on the Scotchline:viewtopic.php?t=61993

Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

Mine claims it’s being delivered to me today, mail is running over 2 hours late!!!!!!!!
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I hear ya Jodi. Mine claims it left Palitane @ 0800. That's maybe an hour away. No new location at this time. Monday???
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Picked up my package from 1967redrider on Friday, it stunk so bad I had to leave it in the back bed of my pickup truck all night!

Finally unwrapped the load of crap and found a couple that I like ::uc:: the little pearl with the fancy bolsters and the shell handle one has a full blade and will sharpen razor sharp, putting this one in my pocket to use ::nod::

Thanks John, had fun ::handshake::
Attachments
IMG_20220312_165100.jpg
IMG_20220312_165127.jpg
IMG_20220312_165111.jpg
IMG_20220312_165145.jpg
AAPK Janitor
hamiipb

Post by hamiipb »

Just got mine from cody6268 and my mailbox was starting to lean and was about to fall over :shock: what a good lot I got here. The Ohio Forge was the cherry on top. Perfect touch. Thanks!
Attachments
1CC3FADB-31C7-429E-BCED-E9BDE6EF1009.jpeg
5DEE6FC0-969D-46B5-BFC2-7271FDBB7531.jpeg
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

My pile from Nev52.
Thanks buddy ::tu::
Attachments
20220312_170039.jpg
20220312_165130.jpg
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

The generosity of this crowd just keeps on growing. I'm proud to be a member of AAPK.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

Well the mail finally came for the day.
Even got some poo I sent out awhile back!!!!
The little Camillus peanut is a gem!
Well played!
151FFB3B-4A11-4473-946F-17CA36CACF4B.jpeg
2AF23653-3DB0-4274-84B3-33A6762A3974.jpeg
C5E2658B-4393-4507-AE4F-49BDD20075C0.jpeg
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Miller Bro's wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:23 pm Picked up my package from 1967redrider on Friday, it stunk so bad I had to leave it in the back bed of my pickup truck all night!

Finally unwrapped the load of crap and found a couple that I like ::uc:: the little pearl with the fancy bolsters and the shell handle one has a full blade and will sharpen razor sharp, putting this one in my pocket to use ::nod::

Thanks John, had fun ::handshake::

Glad you found a couple winners, Miller. ::tu:: Someone would probably like those minis, just not sure who.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:00 am The generosity of this crowd just keeps on growing. I'm proud to be a member of AAPK.
Jerry, I agree whole heartedly with your statement, but I believe the odor is worse this go around. ::hmm::
Let me explain, I got a box from Kolvir this afternoon, it was full of poo! What a mess! Y'all know the word eclectic, does it ever apply to what that feller sent me! Look at this mess:
007.JPG
I noted there were 3 Imperial shell handled knives, a Colonial, one stamped USA, a wore out Utica with a fleam blade, an Ulster Scout knife, a little bitty holster, a J.H. Becker, Solingen knife, it looked good til I turned it over, a Snap-On tool roll with some junk wrenches, none marked Sanp-On, a Buck Bagger shell holder, a n old Marble's knife and a little rusty Hammer Brand, it almost looks like half congress. ::hmm::
I was shocked at such nasty stuff! I thought for a minute I had hit the jackpot with a fine looking new Schrade scabbard but it was empty. :(
Look at this, the little holster, it won't fit a real revolver:
Must be for a little biddy pop gun?
Must be for a little biddy pop gun?
Won't fit a real one.
Won't fit a real one.
Then there is the brand new fancy shell holder, the sucker is camouflaged, if you dropped it in the woods you'd never find it.
I studied this piece for a minute and discovered why old Kolvir got rid of it, it is equipped with the built-in deer alerting material known as Velcro. ::doh::
Velcro, the deer hunters friend.
Velcro, the deer hunters friend.
Now before y'all ban me from future POS activities, I did let Kolvir know I was going to make fun of his pile of poo! I must say that he has entertained me with his offering and I am most pleased with the Marble's fixed blade and the pretty little Hammer Brand. I need to study up on the Marble's knives and I have already begun to tune up the Hammer Brand. A little dab of Quick Release and it began to walk and talk, even has 1/2 stops!
It was good to revive this fine old knife!
It was good to revive this fine old knife!
This one is a real prize!
This one is a real prize!
Thanks again to Mr. Andrew Hartung (Kolvir) for sharing his pile with me and a big thank you for managing the POS Exchange this year! ::clapping::
Treefarmer

PS: being overwhelmed by this massive pile of poo, I failed to include two other little pieces of crap. There was a credit card knife and an interesting little depth gauge graduated in 32nds.
021.JPG

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Yes, thanks for organizing, Kolvir. 😎👍👍
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

That's really awesome Phil! And original Marbles' in a POS exchange! :mrgreen:
I hope he gets me next year! I'm sure you'll put all that good use Phil. ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Unbeknownst to me, my POS package arrived last week, must have been on Friday. It must have stunk so bad that they left it in the warehouse on the shelf instead of bringing it over to my office in the other building.

Anyway, C-Wade7, you sure do know how this works. I mentioned to him that parts knives were okay to send. However, I'm not even sure that I can do anything positive with these!!! I do like a good challenge though. Well played, sir!

POS 2022.jpg

Return to “AAPK Knife Giveaways”