My Case Classic Collection

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

My Case Classic Collection

Post by Bryan »

Well, as I expected... It looks like I've taken up another knife interrest. I'm into these Classics now. I just added two to my collection. A Burnt Orange Bone whittler and a genuine stag three backspring whittler I think I'm going to stick to classic whittlers. I especially like the three backspring version. I have not received the genuine stag knife yet, but I am really looking forward to getting that one. Does anybody have a whittler they want to unload?

Oops, The first one is actually the Case Classic's version of rogers bone not burnt orange bone. Wrong C.O.A. came with that one. The Rogers variety is more common. 1000 made apposed to 427 according to Jim Parker's Case Classics book. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Bryan
ilikeknives

Case Classics

Post by ilikeknives »

hey Bryan,
Are you looking for the 109 whittlers? I collect pretty much exclusively those from the Classics too. I have a Rogers for sale, Page 124V.
Also, you could help me if you have an updated price list for the classics book. I just got mine for what I thought is a heck of a deal at $150.00 with both signatures and Masts too,but, it has an original (1995) price list and thats now what,,,10 years ago. I am looking now for the Rogers 109, so lemme know. PS, the 109's are the coolest, but I am starting to like the 083's too. -Glenn (prob email me at my other email if thats ok w/you)
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Hi Glenn,

Yes, I am really into the X3109 pattern. Also, I like the big X3091 style. Heck, I like all of the whittlers really. When you get your camera going, I'd like to see the one you have for sale. I'll have to go check on the price list that I got with my Case Classics book. I paid way too much for the one I bought. I had to have it though, (okay, I didn't have to have it... I really really wanted it though) so it didn't hurt too bad.

Bryan

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”