Who made what???

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
El Lobo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by El Lobo »

CCBill,

I think Bryan was being complimentary regarding the different directions and depth of this thread.

I'm pretty sure no shot of any kind was taken. ::tu::

Bill
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

CCBill,

Please allow me to explain. I meant absolutely nothing negative or personal to come accross through my comments. I was responding to tinytoothpick’s post about the hereafter, and purpose in life stuff. I just never thought of knife collecting in that context.

It struck me funny because I know tinytoothpick personally, and he is a deep thinker. “Leave it to him to bring knife talk around to this deep thinking level” is what I was thinking and trying to convey in my post.

I would never try to take a shot at anybody. I poke a little fun every once in a while, but I try at all cost not to offend anybody.

Bryan
Little Lee

How Deep is it

Post by Little Lee »

Hi Guys,

Were getting so deep here, :lol: that I heard a rumors that 20/20 8) is going to do a prime time hour on this thread. :D

I so new to knife collecting, :oops: that half the time I really do understand every thing that is said here, :roll: but I do store it away in my pea brain for later use. :wink:

So I want to thank you all, and keep those posting coming. ::tu::

Little Lee

"Yes there are no bananas, there are no bananas tonight" and "Goodnight Mrs. Calabas, where every you are".
yerout

Post by yerout »

Hey gang, I talked to Buzz Parker over the weekend at his knife show in Pigeon Forge, Tn., This what he had to tell me about the Classic's, the 54 Trapper, 94 Gunboat, 88 Congress, 100 Saddlehorn were made by Case, all the other models were made by Queen through contract with Blue Grass, He did mention something about a licenseing agreement about the boxes, if you look at the dark Blue box it has Blue Grass's name on it, if you notice the light blue or (cloud ) box nor the red and yellow box bear the Blue Grass name on the box. As for the Bradford Tin that was recalled. Buzz told me that was a mutual agreement mistake by his dad, there was no written contract when the tins were made and the marketing director for Case at the time did not like the tins and since there was nothing in writing the tins were recalled and replaced by the el cheapo made bradford box. Roger 50/2050 and I had already talked about this via email he knows more than I do about this. I hope this will shed some light on the subject and may be some help to other's who wish to collect the Beautiful Case Classic's.

yerout
Roger - 50/2050

Post by Roger - 50/2050 »

Hey Roger,

--- Thank you for the talk you had with Buzz on this matter!!! ... Well now knifer friends after reviewing all information on "Who made What" I think its safe to say the good Folks at Queen made most of the Case Classic knives, if any of you would like to know more about these Case Classic knives & rub elbows with my fellow member friends please feel free to write to John Adams as I hear that he has re opened up the membership to the Case Classics Club once again & is reviewing & accepting new members now!

"Texas collector", Roger - 50/2050 :wink:
A standing life member of the "Case Classic Club", "allaboutpocketknives.com" & "elephanttoenails.com"

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”