61050 Greenbone ~ Can anyone ID these?

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Willy

61050 Greenbone ~ Can anyone ID these?

Post by Willy »

Years ago I bought the Mossbottom green knife at a Case Classic phone auction...It seems to me at the time I heard or thought it was a 1 of 12 knife.. But the last Classic list I saw didnt have the knife listed... Anyway my curiosity has got the best of me...Can anyone tell me anything about them? Thanks
Attachments
green050.jpg
green050.jpg (68.34 KiB) Viewed 5235 times
yerout

Post by yerout »

Willy, a quick check in my books show the 1990 Greenbone with the bowtie shield, blade marked XX to be made in a run of 12, The Mossbottom with the bomb shield was made in a run of 261

Hope this helps

yerout
Willy

Post by Willy »

Thanks thats exactly what I needed... I might of labeled the pictures wrong.... I seem to remember the 1 of 12 being called mossbottom.. But doesnt matter as long as I know which is the low run .. Thanks again...
ilikeknives

Post by ilikeknives »

Willy,
I also have a 1 of 12 but mine is Antique Greenbone, mind if I ask what you gave for yours? Mine=$262 2 years ago. Thanks, -glenn
LOW PRICE LEADER, ALL BRANDS, NIB KNIVES !
LOWEST COST & F-A-S-T SHIP TOO!
http://www.AtoZknives.com
Come see what you like.

Please visit my AAPK Store (i-like-knives) for Renaissance Wax,Simichrome, Flitz Cloths,pro-clean & care products, kits too!
Willy

Post by Willy »

Im not sure about all the green color names.. Ive heard antique, mossbottom, moss green and plain old green.. The reason I ask this question is because the last guide book I got from Parker only has a 1992 Moss green listed... anyway Im not real sure what I paid but I dont think it was much over $100.. This was a long time ago before E Bay... Parker used to have phone auctions.. They would send out a catalog and you could phone in a bid until the auction closed... It could of been fixed come to think of it but I bought 4 or 5 low run Classics that way... I wish I would of bought more...I started collecting them in 1989 but at the time I was buying I dont remember there being any mastodon or exotic handle materials.. And they wernt listed in the early books so I ended up with a lot of celluloids.. Bad msitake when you live in Arizona cause the handles all warped on them... I had way to many including the 1 of 25 Toothpicks in Fancy handles. and some low run trappers.. all ruined... anyway I have a few of the Classics left and they will be on e bay one day...
El Lobo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by El Lobo »

Willy,

Off topic, but, are you going to the AKCA Knife show the 19th-20th of this month in Mesa?? I'm a member and maybe we could say hello at the show, if you're going.

Bill
Willy

Post by Willy »

I might just try to make the show... I live about 200 miles away near the colorado river but I might.... Id like to meet some other collectors here in arizona...
TKC

Post by TKC »

THAT is a beautiful green knife!! I collect green handled Case knives myself.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”