Case Classics STILL undervalued.

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Rocketman

Re: Case Classics STILL undervalued.

Post by Rocketman »

Elephant ivory, paua, red stag, dirt cheap these days? Okaaay. I’ll just pass them to the kids and let them worry about the loss decades from now. Spilt milk for my purposes I guess. Learn something new every day, die and forget it all. Cela vie.
Attachments
image.jpg
Truth lives a wretched life, but always survives a lie.-unknown
Never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.-TR
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Buy high and sell low has always worked for me. :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Rocketman

Post by Rocketman »

That sounds like a very reasonable philosophy Railsplitter. I’ve enjoyed having and maintaining the knives and still do. And it’s always possible they could regain a modicum of value In the future. I’d rather be sitting with a collection of actual, usable knives (tools) in front of me than a collection of fiat cash who’s value could go to zero at any time. That’s consolation in its own right. If the SHTF, knives and bullets will be a much more precious commodity than linen federal reserve notes. Hard assets & usable tools will rule and paper cash will be used to insulate houses, start fires, etc, Weimar style. Lol.

Ken. Amen! That same method has kept me in the poor house for 50 years. Why change what works?? Lol
Truth lives a wretched life, but always survives a lie.-unknown
Never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.-TR
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

I don't believe Case Classics are under valued. It's just that at one time they were way over valued.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
kenny7478
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by kenny7478 »

CASE XX™ Engraved 125th Ann. Jigged Antique Bone 1/500 Stainless Knife. Found a description on all three knives. Not classic series knives. Thanks to all who replied.
chaysons

Post by chaysons »

This Case Classic was the ‘95 Club Knife for the members.Wonder knife for the eyes!
Attachments
F4A3CB42-74A1-4DDC-BF25-D851A0F220E0.jpeg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Were all of the Case Classics made by Queen ?
I think part of the reason for relatively low prices now is that they do not fir in with a Case collection because Case was not involved in making them.
For Queen collectors you can get the same patterns with Queen markings.
The Case Classics are a collectible group on their own so appeal to fewer collectors.
kj
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

kootenay joe wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:41 pm Were all of the Case Classics made by Queen ?
I think part of the reason for relatively low prices now is that they do not fir in with a Case collection because Case was not involved in making them.
For Queen collectors you can get the same patterns with Queen markings.
The Case Classics are a collectible group on their own so appeal to fewer collectors.
kj
See the post from Roger on the first page of this thread. There were 4 Case Classic patterns made by Case in house. All of the other Case Classics were made by Queen.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thank you. I missed that on my first reading of this thread.
kj

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”