Case classic honk falls Congress

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
JAMESC41001

Case classic honk falls Congress

Post by JAMESC41001 »

Has anyone ever seen one of these case family classic”Honk Falls” congress knives. Any info would be helpful. Starting to think none were actually produced.
AD5596B9-5D94-4B1E-AF56-B121D1E0EE0E.jpeg
JAMESC41001

Re: Case classic honk falls Congress

Post by JAMESC41001 »

D8720EFC-4067-4EF4-A841-D05BB00D0BC2.jpeg
C31193E0-31BF-4413-997A-9898E299E744.jpeg
Better pics
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Parker BS from the 90's.He had knives made by Olbertz in Germany with many different tang stamps.
Roger
JAMESC41001

Post by JAMESC41001 »

Yes agreed Rodger. Just about everything he wrote there is incorrect. It seems he bought up a bunch of dormant trademarks and Incorporated them into his case classics. The honk falls Mark was owned by Tennessee river valley knife association where he was a board member. The contract for the classics was given to Bluegrass cutlery where his partner at Bulldog Charlie Dorton was a partner. Apparently Charlie had the old Case equipment and JP had the intellectual property. Bulldog used the German factory to make their knives. This seems to be how the first modern Honks were made in Germany. Today Frost cutlery, another JP associate ownes the mark and I believe they are made in China. Still I wonder if any of these Congress knives were marked with a honk falls tang. By the way the canoe pictured there was sold on Worth Point by guess who? James Parker. It’s the only Honk Canoe I’ve ever seen but as far as I can tell it looks ligit. The write up he put in the Worth Point page says it came out of a collection from Delaware?? Not sure. For some reason I feel like it may have come out of the Case factory collection. You might remember that collection made its way to the national knife museum at Smokey Mountain which was owned in part by John Parker.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

I recently picked up this small 3-3/8" four blade congress marked Honk Falls. Clearly made by Olbertz, with GERMANY inked on the back of one blade.
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”