Good Earth

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
geocash
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: Southern Appalachian Mountains, outdoors preferably

Good Earth

Post by geocash »

I've seen pictures of Good Earth handles on a Case Classic that show some shrinkage but otherwise I think the stuff looks very attractive. The only references to Good Earth handles that I've found don't address its stability. Maybe the information is here somewhere but I just haven't been able to find it. Do any of you have experience, good or bad, with it?
geocash
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Good Earth

Post by jerryd6818 »

This is a post by John McCain on May 4, 2014 at 21:27 on IKnife Collector ---► https://iknifecollector.com/forum/topic ... th-handles

" short version of the story- Good Earth is a celluloid handle material later replaced by more stable synthetics like Corelon or Delrin-The Good Earth celluloid looks remarkably like wood, so it it is easy to mistake, especially from a photo"
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
geocash
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: Southern Appalachian Mountains, outdoors preferably

Post by geocash »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:42 pm This is a post by John McCain on May 4, 2014 at 21:27 on IKnife Collector ---► https://iknifecollector.com/forum/topic ... th-handles

" short version of the story- Good Earth is a celluloid handle material later replaced by more stable synthetics like Corelon or Delrin-The Good Earth celluloid looks remarkably like wood, so it it is easy to mistake, especially from a photo"
I’ve not seen anything much different & that’s not real encouraging. I don’t have any celluloid (to my knowledge) & don’t reckon there’s enough reason to start now. Thank you, Jerry. (Some of the Good Earth sure is pretty, though.)
geocash
Hideaway Knives

Post by Hideaway Knives »

Great handles indeed ::tu::

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”