Case Classic 072 with Moose Antler

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
harrasta

Case Classic 072 with Moose Antler

Post by harrasta »

I had a 072 clasp knife that the handles were lifting pretty bad so I decided to send the knife out for a re-handle job. I went with the palm of the moose antler. When the knife came back it was about 75% finished . I did a lot of sanding and polishing on the bolsters and I had to sand a couple of the pins down and work on the antlers for a better fit to the bolsters to get it the way it looks now and I think it looks amazing !!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I will dye the handles right away I really like the color in the handles.
Attachments
knife.jpg
knife1.jpg
jmh58

Re: Case Classic 072 with Moose Antler

Post by jmh58 »

👍😎👍
John ✌️
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
TPK

Post by TPK »

harrasta wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:35 pm I had a 072 clasp knife that the handles were lifting pretty bad so I decided to send the knife out for a re-handle job. I went with the palm of the moose antler. When the knife came back it was about 75% finished . I did a lot of sanding and polishing on the bolsters and I had to sand a couple of the pins down and work on the antlers for a better fit to the bolsters to get it the way it looks now and I think it looks amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!
Outstanding! ::tu:: Very classy work! ::nod:: ::super_happy:: Looks beautiful! ::handshake:: ::nod::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: It looks great! It's the first knife that I've noticed with moose antler palm sides. Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention to moose antler on knives? Am I correct guessing that the old sides that went bad were celluloid?
harrasta

Post by harrasta »

Modern Slip Joints wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:35 pm ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: It looks great! It's the first knife that I've noticed with moose antler palm sides. Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention to moose antler on knives? Am I correct guessing that the old sides that went bad were celluloid?
Your guess was right the knife did have cranberry swirl celluloid handles. The knife is always in temperature around 72 degrees and no sun light and 25% humidity The knife has been in my collection for years it wasn't gassing ,blade and the bolster showed no signs of that . The handles just started to curl like a leaf.

Terry

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”