Is there old Case catalogs on line ?

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Is there old Case catalogs on line ?

Post by zed6309 »

Hi guys I'm after a site that has pdf or online old case catalogs as I love researching old knives and catalogs are great to study , thanks in advance ::tu::
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Is there old Case catalogs on line ?

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I’m not aware of an on-line source. Case catalogs from prior to the 1960s are really scarce. Case published very few catalogs during that time, I think because they used salesmen with actual sample knives to call on retailers instead of sending catalogs. Case did publish price lists but they also are fairly scarce and did not typically have pictures. You can occasionally find a reprint of a 1930s catalog on eBay. I know of two versions, one having a blue cover which was reprinted by Grawolf Trading Company, and one having an orange cover. Some of the books authored by Dewey Ferguson (Romance of Collecting Case Knives is a good one) are filled with reproductions of old catalog cuts from the Tested and XX eras. Most if not all appear to be from the same 1930s catalog as the reprints, plus some early 1960 catalog.

There are numerous catalogs from the 1970s until current day and you’ll see them for sale on eBay also. For the past 30 years or so Case has published a “Product Guide” annually. Those are often available for the taking at Case retailers, and they mail out copies to Case Collector’s Club members every year. There’s a lot of those available on eBay also. Www.caseknives.com is a good resource for images of current production.

But back to your question I don’t know of any online source for older catalog content. Maybe someone also does. Meantime here’s an old post of mine in a thread about reference books viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42388&p=419933&hili ... lf#p419933

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Thanks Ken for a the info much appreciated mate ::tu::
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

zed6309 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:37 pm Hi guys I'm after a site that has pdf or online old case catalogs as I love researching old knives and catalogs are great to study , thanks in advance ::tu::

PM me - I can send you PDF's of the older ones.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”