1976 American spirit knife

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
kossetx

1976 American spirit knife

Post by kossetx »

Does anyone know what this knife would have cost new? I'm just curious. I bought one for a fancy user. nfs
Attachments
case 76er.jpg
Where Bob Wills is still the King...
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 1976 American spirit knife

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Sorry, I don’t know about your knife. Did you mean to post it in the Case Classics Forum? It’s not a Case Classic - they were not made until much later.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

::oh_my:: ::oh_my:: ::oh_my:: That is one heck of a user!

That is a Case Bicentennial Commemorative in stag with a stand and glass case, I keep mine on display. Numbered and Scrolled, there was also a Bicentennial Commemorative cased fixed blade.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210806-221003.png
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

kossetx wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:07 pm Does anyone know what this knife would have cost new? I'm just curious. I bought one for a fancy user. nfs

Retail price was $150 per knife when issued in 1976.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
kossetx

Post by kossetx »

Thank you sir!
Where Bob Wills is still the King...

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”