Looking for the Featherstone - Durber Sheffield

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
Toejammer

Looking for the Featherstone - Durber Sheffield

Post by Toejammer »

Long ago I traded a weird little knife from Featherstone - Durber Sheffield to Johnny. Sadly I wasn't active on the forum when Johnny passed, and thus missed the auction done for his widow. I'm just wondering, if by chance, any member bought this knife ?

I'm willing to buy it back within reason. I'm sure if it was auctioned, the prices may have been "impressive", in order to help out his wife. (commendable) So I may not be able to match it. I traded a few things with Johnnie, but he really liked that knife lol ! It would be kind of neat to have it, if just for that reason.

Mike
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee
Pdurber

Re: Looking for the Featherstone - Durber Sheffield

Post by Pdurber »

I'm really wanting a featherstone and durber knife if anyone has a spare one knocking about? cheers Paul Durber
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

There used to be an auction sub-forum, not sure where it went? You could try a search
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
Pdurber

Post by Pdurber »

I recently won one on eBay :D
Attachments
20180309_171031.jpg
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

had this from new about 25 years
Attachments
A3ED3B2B-2452-400F-BD93-BE74FD32568B.jpeg
Pdurber

Post by Pdurber »

Toejammer wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:11 pm Long ago I traded a weird little knife from Featherstone - Durber Sheffield to Johnny. Sadly I wasn't active on the forum when Johnny passed, and thus missed the auction done for his widow. I'm just wondering, if by chance, any member bought this knife ?

I'm willing to buy it back within reason. I'm sure if it was auctioned, the prices may have been "impressive", in order to help out his wife. (commendable) So I may not be able to match it. I traded a few things with Johnnie, but he really liked that knife lol ! It would be kind of neat to have it, if just for that reason.

Mike
Hi Mike did you ever find one? I'm considering selling mine...
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Probably should try contacting him by email since he hasn’t logged in to AAPK in well over a year. Click on his member name in any post he made, which will open his member profile. Then select send an email.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Pdurber

Post by Pdurber »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:18 pm Probably should try contacting him by email since he hasn’t logged in to AAPK in well over a year. Click on his member name in any post he made, which will open his member profile. Then select send an email.

Ken
Thanks Ken 👍
niftyprose

Post by niftyprose »

Hi guys, a little embarrassed to blunder into this thread -- hope I'm not offending anyone. I have a Featherstone and Durber knife that is potentially for sale. Please read below for the full story.

About 30 years ago, the UK style magazine 'Arena' ran a piece on Featherstone and Durber knives. I bought one for my dad. When he died a decade ago, it came back to me. I love it, but I'm not using it and I think I'd be prepared to sell it on.

The knife is the simplest F+D made. It's pretty similar to the photo in this thread -- same profile but no brass clip; all stainless apart from brass pivots. It comes in the original nylon sheath but without the F+D box. The sheath is full of pocket lint but the knife is untouched. I don't think my dad ever used it, and I haven't since it came to me.

I can easily photograph the knife if anyone's interested.

I have no history in this group, which I joined because it was the first that came up when I searched on 'featherstone durber knife'. I have good feedback on eBay (as 'will21x'). If any potential buyers prefer to deal face to face, I'm presently in Somerset, UK, travel often to Winchester, and will be in Lancaster for two weeks in August.

Best, WM
Toejammer

Post by Toejammer »

Haven't been active here do to health (eye problems) and financial missteps that nearly lost us out house. Had to move, and are now residing in an old (former) motel way up in the sandhills of Nebraska. Our town quite literally has one intersection, and no stoplight lol.

As for the F-D, thanks for all the reply's (I have to change that old e-mail address, sorry) but I was only really interested in getting back the one I had traded with Johnny. Just sentimental reasons...

Thanks !

Mike
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee
Toejammer

Post by Toejammer »

Leave it to me to dig up old dead threads, but here I go ! ::rotflol::

I'm still interested in finding one of these knives. I ask here because I have exhausted my search online, and I'm just spinning my wheels at this point. So if anyone has a Featherstone - Durber they're willing to part with, hit me up here. Thanks !
Bruce Lee
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I sure do miss good ol' Johnny, he was a good guy and I hope you find the knife. ::nod::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Toejammer

Post by Toejammer »

1967redrider wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:31 pm I sure do miss good ol' Johnny, he was a good guy and I hope you find the knife. ::nod::
Yep, Johnny was a hoot ! And a great guy to trade with, he'd go out of his way to make sure you were happy with the deal. ::tu::
Bruce Lee
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Toejammer wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:26 pm
1967redrider wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:31 pm I sure do miss good ol' Johnny, he was a good guy and I hope you find the knife. ::nod::
Yep, Johnny was a hoot ! And a great guy to trade with, he'd go out of his way to make sure you were happy with the deal. ::tu::

Cheers to him. 🍻
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Want Ads”