Stanley #10-059 knife

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
Bomarc

Stanley #10-059 knife

Post by Bomarc »

I've been trying to find an old (70's) Stanley #10-059 pocket knife. Very small, compact, and certainly no longer manufactured (or available) through Stanley. Why they stopped manufacture I've no idea, but they did. I carried one for about 40 years and it was stolen about a year and a half ago. I've been trying to find a replacement ever since. Everything so far has been a dead-end. And replacement blades are no longer manufactured either. I still have a couple packs of those, just not the knife. If anyone has one they'll consider selling, please let me know. Thanks!
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Stanley #10-059 knife

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Welcome to AAPK ::welcome:: ::welcome:: . For those of you who are not familiar with this Stanley model, I have pictured it below. I agree with your assessment that it is a handy pocket knife with interchangeable blades. I still use mine a lot as a whittler for carving mini decoys. (sorry I can't part with it). I think I have seen these around at our local fleamarket, so there are still a few around.
IMG_2557.JPG
IMG_2558.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

It appears that the Stanley 10-059 was replaced by the Stanley 10-049 and there is a boat load of that model on eBay ---► https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... e&_sacat=0
Attachments
Stanley 10-049 closed.jpg
Stanley 10-049.jpg
Stanley 10-049.jpg (9.99 KiB) Viewed 2598 times
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
dennisvicha

Post by dennisvicha »

Stanley makes a CRL Stanley Pocket Knife looks to be same just a plastic type handle. Check out DK Hardware. com
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

Keep checking ebay. You missed one that sold two days ago: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Stanle ... 663.l10137 (scroll to bottom of page).

Dennis
Bomarc

Post by Bomarc »

Re: Stanley 10-059 knife. Guess fortune smiled. I found, and bought, a replacement today. Should receive it next week. My search is over and I have replacement blades. All good now!
Bomarc

Post by Bomarc »

If anyone has parts/pieces for a Stanley 10-059
folding knife (or knives), I might be interested in acquiring same. I know Stanley quit producing them in the late 70's, possibly early 80's. They also stopped manufacture of the
replacement blades several years ago. Consequently finding knives and blades has become quite difficult. I have blades, but only pieces of the knife itself. What I'm missing is a handle/sheath/blade surround exterior piece.
I expect I could try making one from a thin strip of sheet metal, but I'd certainly prefer the actual item itself. Thanks for reading, and any and all help is greatly appreciated. Bomarc

Return to “Want Ads”