ISO Swedish Barrel Knives & education on the same

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
bleasure

ISO Swedish Barrel Knives & education on the same

Post by bleasure »

I would love to get my hands on one or two of these some day, but they appear to be rare and expensive in the US. If I am mistaken about their high cost I'd be happy to be set straight, and to look at what anyone has for sale or trade. Honestly if anybody experienced in collecting these in the US has pointers on looking for or getting one, I am all ears!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: ISO Swedish Barrel Knives & education on the same

Post by doglegg »

They show up on ebay sometimes. And sometimes on here. Neat knives, I have one. Patience and persistence is the key. They are really cool knives.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

bleasure wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:12 am I would love to get my hands on one or two of these some day, but they appear to be rare and expensive in the US.
have you seen this one that an AAPK store owner has for sale: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... order=DESC?
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

That one in the AAPK store is an English multi-blade barrel knife. I think bleasure is looking for these. Most come from the city of Eskilstuna. I usually see examples in good shape going in the neighborhood if $85 - $125

Search both AAPK and BladeForums for postings on barrel knives, from which you can glean a good bit of information on both the knives and the city. The September 2020 issue of Knife Magazine has an article on them, though the emphasis is on the auto versions. (I’d love to have an auto barrel knife. If anyone has one for sale drop me a PM.)

Dennis
Attachments
E989567F-46F5-442F-9F07-E7FBC0D0A5FE.jpeg
E989567F-46F5-442F-9F07-E7FBC0D0A5FE.jpeg (38.37 KiB) Viewed 841 times
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

deo-pa wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:42 pmI think bleasure is looking for these
thanks Dennis, I suspect you are correct!
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
bleasure

Post by bleasure »

deo-pa wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:42 pm That one in the AAPK store is an English multi-blade barrel knife. I think bleasure is looking for these. Most come from the city of Eskilstuna. I usually see examples in good shape going in the neighborhood if $85 - $125

Search both AAPK and BladeForums for postings on barrel knives, from which you can glean a good bit of information on both the knives and the city. The September 2020 issue of Knife Magazine has an article on them, though the emphasis is on the auto versions. (I’d love to have an auto barrel knife. If anyone has one for sale drop me a PM.)

Dennis
Hi everyone - sorry I didn't see these until now! I appreciate your replies, and Dennis is right about the type I'm looking for. Although that other barrel knife is absolutely fascinating.

Return to “Want Ads”