O. Barnett Tools replacement blade

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

O. Barnett Tools replacement blade

Post by C-WADE7 »

Got this O. Barnett a while back for a decent price and intend on replacing the blade. I would love to find a donor blade of the same brand, but if not does anyone know of a production blade from another knife that will work? I assume someone else has been down this road before.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: O. Barnett Tools replacement blade

Post by ken98k »

C-WADE7 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:19 pm Got this O. Barnett a while back for a decent price and intend on replacing the blade. I would love to find a donor blade of the same brand, but if not does anyone know of a production blade from another knife that will work? I assume someone else has been down this road before.
There was a post here somewhere where a knife mechanic welded on a new blade, it looked fabulous. I'll try to find it.
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

ken98k wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:40 am There was a post here somewhere where a knife mechanic welded on a new blade, it looked fabulous. I'll try to find it.
Thanks. I got a contact name in a PM from another member with the name of who has welded them, but have never received a reply from the welder.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Pretty sure Kaleb (muskrat man) can make a blade for it if you don’t mind waiting until he can get to it, and don’t mind that it won’t have the original stamp.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:54 pm Pretty sure Kaleb (muskrat man) can make a blade for it if you don’t mind waiting until he can get to it, and don’t mind that it won’t have the original stamp.

Ken
I may try that. The recommended member has welded blades and retained the stamp and original tang which is ideal but, I will do what is needed to get it back usable.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

GClaxon fixed this one up for me, it's the middle one in the 3 knife group.
Attachments
IMG_20190731_201134286.jpg
IMG_20191023_194103065.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

1967redrider wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:11 am GClaxon fixed this one up for me, it's the middle one in the 3 knife group.
That’s who I’ve messaged. I didn’t want to badger him, but will message again this week if I don’t hear back.

Return to “Want Ads”