Cold Steel Black Sable, perfect condition which I got very lovely way.

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
damigg

Cold Steel Black Sable, perfect condition which I got very lovely way.

Post by damigg »

So my dear "old" knife collector friend, I think we can call ourselfs friends now, met in his store when I was a newbie with the knives around a year ago, I didn't even know what a liner lock was back then.... And since then it's turned into a huge passion for me mostly because of his knowledge of stuff and how he is always teaching something new, he's been collecting knives for decades and owns a knide dealer ship, one day when I was leaving the store said "Hey damigg, wait a second, I brought something today which might interest you". At this point I was super excited because he's said something and like that couple times before and he surprises me every time. So... he brings this purple Cold Steel cardboard box and I at that point know it will be somethig crazy, then inside the box is this aluminium can UNSCRATHED, he opens it and shows me this perfectly factory new looking Black Sable which I had never seen and didn't knew existed, and I never imagined he wanted to sell it to me, but then he said I can have it if I wanted to. Took a second I was digging my wallet from my pocket. He also knows I love big folders like Cold Steel AD's and Recon, those were my first 3 knives. Since then I've moved to smalled old folding knives and rare hard to get knives which are out of production. This thing might sound like a mess since I don't speak native english so phrasing might be odd, but...

If another collector comes and just because of appreciation of young dude's passion to knives wants to sell one of his jewels to him that's such and honor and I will cherish it my whole life. If he reads this forum I'm sure he knows who I am, Huge hug to Sami. The pictures dont do justice to the blade and theres some dust around but blade is still factory sharp and been in the box always ! Just wanted to share this awesome moment.
Attachments
284874544_306402071699658_5317870127265293677_n.jpg
284794067_346798924207007_2122508737900928986_n.jpg
285175080_554495649612863_8792622932879945437_n.jpg
285191501_538144231178649_7446477606222143491_n.jpg
284662100_429804095274634_7995039434531311130_n.jpg
284798830_365204095496791_6081110912916145354_n.jpg
284719987_1098139831105633_2825384929591468674_n.jpg
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Cold Steel Black Sable, perfect condition which I got very lovely way.

Post by Railsplitter »

Sweet find! I remember that I wanted one of those when I first started collecting but I never did get one because they were out of my price range at the time.

I eventually forgot about it but your story and pictures brings back those memories.

Congratulations on a fantastic find!
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
damigg

Post by damigg »

Thanks, I never knew I wanted one before I saw it haha, but it's so awesome and when someone shows you that appreciation that he is willing to sell it withot me even asking, I had to get it. At the moment I'm on the road to get all the Camillus Beckers and so far its looking good, this slowed me just a bit.. wasn't cheap I can tell you. :D
Samb

Post by Samb »

Nice score! That's a wicked looking blade.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I'm a huge fan of Cold Steel large knives too Dam and currently have about a dozen in my collection, but your knife is one I've not seen before and it's really cool. It really reminds me of the CRKT "Ritual 7471" folder. One C/S knife I would love to own is their "Caledonian" but they are few and far between and have an accompanying price that's out of my league. Congratulations on a great score! 8)
8)
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

damigg wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:19 pm So my dear "old" knife collector friend, I think we can call ourselfs friends now, met in his store when I was a newbie with the knives around a year ago, I didn't even know what a liner lock was back then.... And since then it's turned into a huge passion for me mostly because of his knowledge of stuff and how he is always teaching something new, he's been collecting knives for decades and owns a knide dealer ship, one day when I was leaving the store said "Hey damigg, wait a second, I brought something today which might interest you". At this point I was super excited because he's said something and like that couple times before and he surprises me every time. So... he brings this purple Cold Steel cardboard box and I at that point know it will be somethig crazy, then inside the box is this aluminium can UNSCRATHED, he opens it and shows me this perfectly factory new looking Black Sable which I had never seen and didn't knew existed, and I never imagined he wanted to sell it to me, but then he said I can have it if I wanted to. Took a second I was digging my wallet from my pocket. He also knows I love big folders like Cold Steel AD's and Recon, those were my first 3 knives. Since then I've moved to smalled old folding knives and rare hard to get knives which are out of production. This thing might sound like a mess since I don't speak native english so phrasing might be odd, but...

If another collector comes and just because of appreciation of young dude's passion to knives wants to sell one of his jewels to him that's such and honor and I will cherish it my whole life. If he reads this forum I'm sure he knows who I am, Huge hug to Sami. The pictures dont do justice to the blade and theres some dust around but blade is still factory sharp and been in the box always ! Just wanted to share this awesome moment.

Great story and a cool knife.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
damigg

Post by damigg »

And the pictures dont even give it justice, blade so shiny. for sure my treasure. Tho now i've accuired some even more special knives. I wonder if I should post them here or own thread. :)

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”