SUREFIRE Edged Weapons (KNIFE)

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

SUREFIRE Edged Weapons (KNIFE)

Post by Chase »

:shock: I had no idea that Surefire had an Edged Weapons Division until this past week and I came across them at a Tactical Equipment Show in South Georgia.

Surefire is well known in the tactical community for their awesome lights, however, after reviewing their knives I think they also have phenominal knife products as well. I picked up one of their knives and was instantly impressed. This is one of the sexiest tactical knives I have had my hands on. Most impressive is the Delta Folding Combat/Utility Knife and here are the particulars:

FEATURES

CRUCIBLE CPM® S30V® STEEL BLADE for strength and superior edge retention. Polished to a smooth finish to help prevent adhesion of corrosive substances.
1/8" TITANIUM FRAME lock provide structural strength and durability.
CUTTER/CRIMPER accepts up to 12-guage wire.
FINGER GUARD /SCREWDRIVER protects your finger from the blade and serves as a flathead screwdriver.
SLOTTED SELF-SEATING WRENCH fits hex nuts from 1/2" down to 13/64".
CORD/HARNESS CUTTER for quickly cutting through seatbelts, harnesses, webbing, parachute cord, etc.
WINDOW BREAKER is a heat-treated 440 stainless steel point.
REVERSIBLE POCKET CLIP lets you choose knife position in pocket or tactical vest.

SPECIFICATIONS

Length Closed: 4.7 inches
Length Open: 8.0 inches
Blade Length: 3.37 inches
Weight: 4.6 ounces

Price: $425.00

I currently have a problem with posting pictures, however, you can see it on surefire's website. I am now the proud owner of one of these beauties. They also offer two other tactical folders and a tactical Fixed Blade that are equally impressive. Unfortunately, my wallet could only stand the purchase of one of these babies right now!

Looking forward to adding the rest of their knives to my meager tactical collection.

Tom
Attachments
EW04_Delta_large.jpg
Owd Wullie

Re: SUREFIRE Edged Weapons (KNIFE)

Post by Owd Wullie »

Looks awesome! High speed, low drag all the way!!

Back in the 80's, I was making fixed blade knives. I had a good friend at Colt Steel ( later Crucible ). He was telling me about the new CPM steels and gave me a piece to play with. It was too damn hard to grind without eating up a belt, so I decided, HEAT IT!! Not a good move on my part. About the time it got to the right temp in the forge, it fell apart..... :roll:

I do not know how anybody makes a blade from that stuff. I suppose the price of the knife reflects the issues involved in manufacturing a blade from it. It is a very interesting steel and over the years has proved its' worth as knife steel most excellent.
The process of producing CPM (Crucible Particle Metallurgy) steels involves gas atomization of pre-alloyed molten steel to form powder. This powder is then screened and then isostatically compressed into 100% dense compacts. The CPM process produces steels withe no alloy segregation and extremely uniform carbide distribution characterized by superior dimensional stability, grindability, and toughness compared to steels produced by conventional processes.
All I can say about it is that it whipped my butt trying to make a blade. LOL I went back to my old standby which was L6. :wink:
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

I just saw one on ebay going for $349.00 buy it now....... :o

Tom
DanFord

Post by DanFord »

perfect to my ninja collections knives.
Nien Jih Ssu Ch'u Chuehis the highly specialized Chinese Art of killing without leaving a trace.
ninja uniform

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”