rare prototype

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
Phil77

rare prototype

Post by Phil77 »

banchmade prototype 720sbtf, can find zero info anywhere on this exact knife. looking for a value and cant find any with the flag on the handle. any info or values would greatly help me in the sale of this knife, thankyou for your time.
Attachments
52A501BC-6508-4A54-B919-8396426C19E3.jpeg
758C256B-71DE-49A9-995C-94AC141D68A5.jpeg
051BEF37-1D6B-4945-BB45-042BA92C6863.jpeg
kootenay joe

Re: rare prototype

Post by kootenay joe »

I don't know anything about this particular Benchmade but i do know that most knife collectors don't care if a knife is marked "Prototype" or not. Being marked "Prototype" does not affect value.
kj
Phil77

Post by Phil77 »

thanks kj im getting both sides some say worthless some say hug value gues u need the right collector
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Will the ones saying it is worth huge money back that up with their own cash? Talk is cheap.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Phil77

Post by Phil77 »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote:Will the ones saying it is worth huge money back that up with their own cash? Talk is cheap.
i think ppl were mentioning it could be one of the ones worth alot just because they havent seen that style prototype with the flag on it just the plain protots. i dont know hence im here looking for info
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Phil77 wrote:thanks kj im getting both sides some say worthless some say hug value gues u need the right collector
Welcome to AAPK. I'd say you're right about needing to find the right collector. Or maybe the novice collector.

Questions about knives marked "prototype" appear here frequently, typically from someone believing they have a treasure and wanting to know how much value they have. If you do a search for "prototype" here on this forum you'll find many of those questions and responses. The typical response is that experienced collectors place little to no added value on knives marked prototype. Many look at it as nothing but a marketing ploy and some even view it with some disdain. Probably not what you wanted to hear.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Phil77 wrote:banchmade prototype 720sbtf, can find zero info anywhere on this exact knife. looking for a value and cant find any with the flag on the handle. any info or values would greatly help me in the sale of this knife, thankyou for your time.
Contact Benchmade for info.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Hideaway Knives

Post by Hideaway Knives »

Great design, would love for edc :)
TazmanTom18

Post by TazmanTom18 »

One sold in '17 on Arizona Custom Knives for $330. If you do a search on Google with this model number it will generate several photos of your knife, search Benchmade 720, click on " images" under search bar. Regular ones around $150ish, as low as $110. Saw two prototypes like yours at $325-330They also did it in camo and a couple of other finishes. Quite a few pictures. Search American Edge Knives with model number, they list one out of stock at $325. Good luck.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

The OP is 2 years old, the person who made it has not been back since a few days afterward.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
TazmanTom18

Post by TazmanTom18 »

Oops !!!!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Probably cashed in on this knife and moved to Tahiti. ::super_happy:: 🤑🤑🤑
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

1967redrider wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:46 am Probably cashed in on this knife and moved to Tahiti. ::super_happy:: 🤑🤑🤑
::rotflol::
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”