I Saved $660!

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: I Saved $660!

Post by KLJ77 »

I really like what you did, John. AAPK Knifers sure know how to think 'outside the box'. ::tu:: Those would bid over $100.00 on the bay. :lol: The young kids today would go cray, cray over them.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

KLJ77 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:21 pm I really like what you did, John. AAPK Knifers sure know how to think 'outside the box'. ::tu:: Those would bid over $100.00 on the bay. :lol: The young kids today would go cray, cray over them.

Ha!!! Thanks, LJ. ::handshake:: The paint Olde Cutler recommended seems to be pretty durable. I added a coat of clear coat for backup, will probably spray my "Prototype" with clear coat too. And I did change the orange screws to red, I like it better. ::nod::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

They're selling for $808 now at BladeHQ! Jump fast if you're in!

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Microtech ... to--117646
Attachments
Screenshot_20220717-204532.png

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

1967redrider wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:50 am They're selling for $808 now at BladeHQ! Jump fast if you're in!

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Microtech ... to--117646
That version looks like it's been carried a few months. I know they're going for the aged look of Boba Fett's armor, but it still looks used to me.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

1967redrider wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:14 pm I took on an interesting project this past weekend. Surfing through online knife stores, I spied this new Microtech release of a Mandalorian'...

Over Saturday and Sunday, I put down at least 3 thin coats of paint, making sure there was ample drying time between coats. I also swapped out the 2 unpainted handle screws with painted ones late Sunday evening. Monday morning before heading to work I put everything back together, having let everything dry overnight. And here's the finished project, a good $660 cheaper than the concept, including original knife and supplies costs. I'm pleased with it and happy to have the savings set aside for other knives. 😉👍🔪

Sorry to inform you R.R. :( BUT that $660 you saved back in early November 2020, is now only worth $440 according to the online "Bidden Administration Inflation Calculator" :x well look on the bright side... ::paranoid:: at least it is worth more right now than in will be by the end January of 2023 :wink: I think it will be down to about $390 by then... :x

::paranoid:: And if our government keeps printing $$$💰💰💰 the way they have been for all these years your $660 will eventually be worth about $30. ::doh:: But look on the bright side; at least you will have broken even wink: and sometimes that is all you can hope for in life ::hmm::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:45 am
1967redrider wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:14 pm I took on an interesting project this past weekend. Surfing through online knife stores, I spied this new Microtech release of a Mandalorian'...

Over Saturday and Sunday, I put down at least 3 thin coats of paint, making sure there was ample drying time between coats. I also swapped out the 2 unpainted handle screws with painted ones late Sunday evening. Monday morning before heading to work I put everything back together, having let everything dry overnight. And here's the finished project, a good $660 cheaper than the concept, including original knife and supplies costs. I'm pleased with it and happy to have the savings set aside for other knives. 😉👍🔪

Sorry to inform you R.R. :( BUT that $660 you saved back in early November 2020, is now only worth $440 according to the online "Bidden Administration Inflation Calculator" :x well look on the bright side... ::paranoid:: at least it is worth more right now than in will be by the end January of 2023 :wink: I think it will be down to about $390 by then... :x

::paranoid:: And if our government keeps printing $$$💰💰💰 the way they have been for all these years your $660 will eventually be worth about $30. ::doh:: But look on the bright side; at least you will have broken even wink: and sometimes that is all you can hope for in life ::hmm::

Sad but true, GSP. ::facepalm::

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Kimzilla wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:04 am Awesome job Red! ::ds::

Thanks, Kim. Here's the most recent one I painted up. I used spray acrylic instead of the craft paint I used on the "Prototype." The red paint is some kind of outdoor craft paint.
Attachments
20231111_114347.jpg

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Kimzilla wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:21 am I honestly can't see a real difference in the photos with the different paints that you used. It's most likely just me though.

I hope you ain't working with that dirty old Dusty Duck on Ebay - lol.

No way, no ma'am! I avoid that guy like the plague. ::mdm::

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Kimzilla wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:21 am No offense Red, I just thought that it was cool that you were making your own breed of knife. But, it could make one worry about what other people are putting out there.

I know that you ain't no Dusty Duck. I don't know why someone hasn't hunted him down yet.

::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::
Attachments
Screenshot_20231115_083412_Photos.jpg

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”