Emerson by Kershaw?

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
cody6268

Emerson by Kershaw?

Post by cody6268 »

I have a pretty banged up Emerson Mini CQC-7, but for the cost of having Emerson go over it, replace the shot washers and redo a pretty badly damaged blade (which I suspect has been in heat/a fire as well due to some odd miscoloring)), I can buy a new one.

However, I've noticed Kershaw has an overseas-made licensed line of Emersons for about $35-40 for 8Cr13MOV, and $50-60 for D2. These are about $40 less than even having the beater I own repaired.

This is the model I'm looking at, the CQC-11, supposedly based on the Rondevous.

large-ks6031d2.jpg
Are these worth buying?
WillyCamaro

Re: Emerson by Kershaw?

Post by WillyCamaro »

From my experience with Kershaw so far, I'd highly recommend jumping on the D2 version. For what it's going to cost you, it's not worth it to redo your Mini.
Unless it has sentimental value, and you rebuild the mechanism yourself; I'd shelve it. @ this point, yer getting a brand new knife, with full factory warranty and all.
And considering it's a Emerson, it's worth it in my book.
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”