Rob T Klaas Knife Identification

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
BGold

Rob T Klaas Knife Identification

Post by BGold »

I'm new to the site and the extent of my knife collecting is that I carry a Spyderco pocket knife and have a Benchmade Bushcrafter for camping. I came across this knife, searched online but have only found examples that have a kissing crane logo and don't have the sawtooth back. This one is marked Rob T Klaas Germany on one side and has a Klaas logo and Solingen on the other. Any info and if any value would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Attachments
Rob T Klaas.JPG
ROB T Klaas Germany.jpeg
Klaas Mark.jpeg
rangerbluedog

Re: Rob T Klaas Knife Identification

Post by rangerbluedog »

KLAAS trademark inside a crown was registered in August 1955.
So your knife was probably made circa 1955-1960s. Nice old one! ::tu::
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
BGold

Post by BGold »

Thanks for the info. So based on my research which has not found anything with the same markings this knife is nothing special, as far as collecting. Any idea of what the value might be?
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

I just bought a similar knife from the same era, by the same maker, for $43. I think most of these German hunting fixed blades from the 1950s-60s are gonna go from $30 - $80, depending on the maker and the condition.
Here's mine.
Kissing Cranes
Kissing Cranes
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
BGold

Post by BGold »

Since I wont be able to retire with it I think I will clean it up a start a little collection of my own.
Best Regards,
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

BGold wrote:Since I wont be able to retire with it I think I will clean it up a start a little collection of my own.
Best Regards,
Nice knife! While those older German fixed blades from that era aren’t worth tons of money, they are some of the best steel. Great old knives and fantastic users.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “European-made knives”