Rostfri

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
MABER

Rostfri

Post by MABER »

Greetings all I have a Rostfri marked pocket knife that Im trying to get some info on. It says NOHAB on one side and has a Heraldic crest on the other Ill try to edit this later with a pic of the knife. The large blade is marked KIE Sweden
Owd Wullie

Re: Rostfri

Post by Owd Wullie »

Rostfri means stainless steel, literally rust free. That particular spelling may be Scandinavian. As for the maker? I haven't a clue, but I bet some of the more knowledgeable gents that frequent this place will weigh in before long.

Welcome to the forums. :mrgreen:

W

EDIT, just did a quick google search, there is a NOHAB INDUSTRI in Sweden
Year 1848 started partners Nydqvist and Holm company Nohab Industri AB in an area west of Trollhätte channel.
Man valde Trollhättan för att tillgången på vattenkraft var god. We chose Trollhättan to access to hydroelectric power was good. Här fanns också goda transportmöjligheter genom kanalen. It was also good transport opportunities through the channel.

I dag » Today »

Idag är Nohab Industri AB ett legotillverkande företag som har inriktat sig på skärande bearbetning i små och medelstora serier. Today Nohab Industri AB a mercenary company that has focused on cutting in small and medium-sized series.
Nohab Industri Trollhättan AB har en maskinpark för tyngre skärande bearbetning av allt från enstyckstillverkning till bearbetning av volymdetaljer med seriestorlekar på upp till några tusen. .. Nohab Industrial Trollhättan AB have machinery for heavy cutting of everything from enstyckstillverkning for the processing of the volume details the range of sizes up to a few thousand. ..
Couldn't find any heraldic symbols for them though.

They also manufactured rail road locomotives, tanks, aircraft engines and dog only knows what else.
http://www.nohab-gm.hu/en/en05_5.html
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.

Return to “European-made knives”