Seki-made Smith & Wesson

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
trail

Seki-made Smith & Wesson

Post by trail »

I found this Smith & Wesson at a hardware store recently. On close examination, I'd say the fit and finish matches anything else I own. I'm guessing the scales are synthetic rather than real bone, but otherwise the knife has well-fitted brass liners, half and full stops on both blades, solid snap and a nice shield. It is a solid, hefty knife. I have a couple of Japanese I-XLs as well and am coming to believe that the Japanese craftsmen are the equal of any as far as mass produced knives go.
Attachments
s_and_w_1.jpg
s_and_w_2.jpg
s_and_w_3.jpg
glenn

Re: Seki-made Smith & Wesson

Post by glenn »

Trail' does it have Seki on the back of the blade?
razor edge
trail

Post by trail »

Yes, the back of the tang is stamped AUS-6 over SEKI, the blade is stamped JAPAN.
dkonopinski

Post by dkonopinski »

I've a couple of Seki-made folders produced for Coleman. Very good knives indeed.

David
"Actually, I was looking to gain an edge." - Lone Watie
Luckypaul777

Post by Luckypaul777 »

trail, nice looking knife; ::nod:: really like the jigging. ::tu:: How do the prices compare to other makers; on these Japanese made knives?

Paul
trail

Post by trail »

I was fortunate to pick this knife up at a hardware store that was closing out it's knife selection at a serious discount. I paid less than $20 for it, but I think it was tagged for $32.00. Probably been in the case a few years so current list might be a bit higher. I've heard that the Japanese plants costs are pretty close to U.S. or German costs, so like we do and the Germans do, they are now concentrating on higher end knives and leaving the cheap stuff to the nations with lower costs. Still, I think the knife would have been a bargain even at list. I like the Japanese I-XLs as well, and they are readily available for $20.00 or close to it.

Return to “European-made knives”