GERMAN ROBERT KLAAS BRANDS

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Re: GERMAN ROBERT KLAAS BRANDS

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Runted wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:16 am Here are a couple of Robert Klass stamped knives that I have.
NICE knives! ::tu:: GREAT gauge! :D
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
sidpost

Post by sidpost »

Tsar Bomba wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:01 pm Let's see if I can resurrect this thread with the few R. Klaas knives I own...
This thread is the reason I registered! These are very nice slip joints for 'modest' money compared to what's made today. ::tu::
TPK

Post by TPK »

sidpost wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:28 pm
Tsar Bomba wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:01 pm Let's see if I can resurrect this thread with the few R. Klaas knives I own...
This thread is the reason I registered! These are very nice slip joints for 'modest' money compared to what's made today. ::tu::
Hello sidpost and Welcome to the AAPK! ::handshake::

This Klaas stockman is one of my EDC's. ::tu::
Attachments
P_20190702_170534.jpg
P_20190702_171014.jpg
P_20190702_170904.jpg
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
sidpost

Post by sidpost »

TPK wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:35 pm

Thanks!

If only I lived near Ravensburg again! My German slip-joint dreams would come true at the Saturday markets now that I'm a bit older and have some discretionary money.

Back then, money was tight so basic needs came first but, Lake Konstanz wasn't far away and the local stream was a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon! The views from the trains, especially out of Munich headed towards Austria were stunning as well and still bring back fond memories of the awesome views and a late evening between trains in the Garmisch-Partenkirchen Bahnhof snow around a Christmas trip. Even though I didn't have much money back then, life was simply awesome! Now looking back, I wish I had the good sense to get something other than a Victorinox Spartan! Oh well, such is youth ...
TPK

Post by TPK »

sidpost wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:55 pm
TPK wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:35 pm

Thanks!

If only I lived near Ravensburg again! My German slip-joint dreams would come true at the Saturday markets now that I'm a bit older and have some discretionary money.

Back then, money was tight so basic needs came first but, Lake Konstanz wasn't far away and the local stream was a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon! The views from the trains, especially out of Munich headed towards Austria were stunning as well and still bring back fond memories of the awesome views and a late evening between trains in the Garmisch-Partenkirchen Bahnhof snow around a Christmas trip. Even though I didn't have much money back then, life was simply awesome! Now looking back, I wish I had the good sense to get something other than a Victorinox Spartan! Oh well, such is youth ...

I'm 47 but I still don't have much discretionary money. ::shrug:: ::super_happy:: It could be worse though so I shouldn't complain. ::tu:: ::super_happy:: Liveing in Germany is OK but even after 27? 28? years, I still miss the states. Can you imagine, they don't have Pop-Tarts here? ::dang:: ::td::

sidpost

Post by sidpost »

TPK wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:22 pm
I'm 47 but I still don't have much discretionary money. ::shrug:: ::super_happy:: It could be worse though so I shouldn't complain. ::tu:: ::super_happy:: Liveing in Germany is OK but even after 27? 28? years, I still miss the states. Can you imagine, they don't have Pop-Tarts here? ::dang:: ::td::
I'm not a Pop-Tart fan personally. But, Speculaas cookies ::ds:: ::not_worthy:: ::ds::

How about Kolaches (if they have crossed the border that far South)? Sort of Pop-Tart'like only better! Don't get me started about hot dogs either! The Green Herring run in the Netherlands is something I miss still today. I used to miss good beer but, now that watered down swill we call beer over here is a distant memory with good Micro-breweries and German/Czech beer imports. And the bread was awesome too. ::not_worthy::

The Snowflakes and 'woke' children that think they know it all is getting to be a bit much over here now. Add the entitlements they think they are owed and, the American dream starts to become a nightmare for the people that worked to put themselves and their children through school while avoiding Springbreaks in Cancun and expensive apartments next to campus .... [/rant mode off]

Now to find a Robert Klaas Beer Barrel Canoe I can afford! ::pray::
MT-Vessel

Post by MT-Vessel »

An early 1960s Robert Klaas Kissing Crane #829 teardrop jack (?) with eye catching ::tu:: scales. A non-mint survivor leading a retired lifestyle on my display shelf. I replaced two missing bolsters. Robert Klaas Germany on back of main blade. Like me it’s pitted and shows its age... ::facepalm::
Attachments
534D007B-E140-421E-BFC4-12E98BD9AD04.jpeg
A0F11B0F-1F30-4C04-8C61-98296FB57924.jpeg
Empty vessels make the most noise...
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

MT-Vessel wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:39 pm An early 1960s Robert Klaas Kissing Crane #829 teardrop jack (?) with eye catching ::tu:: scales. A non-mint survivor leading a retired lifestyle on my display shelf. I replaced two missing bolsters. Robert Klaas Germany on back of main blade. Like me it’s pitted and shows its age... ::facepalm::
That is a pretty HOK! I love those handles.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
sidpost

Post by sidpost »

Reverand wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:02 pm
MT-Vessel wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:39 pm An early 1960s Robert Klaas Kissing Crane #829 teardrop jack (?) with eye catching ::tu:: scales. A non-mint survivor leading a retired lifestyle on my display shelf. I replaced two missing bolsters. Robert Klaas Germany on back of main blade. Like me it’s pitted and shows its age... ::facepalm::
That is a pretty HOK! I love those handles.
That's a nice one. I haven't seen anything like that in my searches. In fact, finding a Robert Klaas that isn't a cheap Chinese version is pretty tough doing web searches.
MT-Vessel

Post by MT-Vessel »

Re: teardrop jack
It is a looker for sure. ::super_happy:: It was found at the Vancouver Flea Market awhile back... before Zoogirl began cleaning the place out! :D An AAPK member sent me this catalog listing. Year?
Attachments
53105B44-3981-43C7-98C9-787DA96076EE.png
Empty vessels make the most noise...
TPK

Post by TPK »

Beautiful knife my friend! ::tu:: :D Sorry I didn't see this post sooner. :D

Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Several years ago I picked this one up at a weekend flea market/trade day. It was cheap, I'd never seen one, and I like utility style knives and pointy things with cork screws. I call it the ugly step cousin to Kissing Crane. RobT Klaas Solingen Germany
kk Rtk utility2.jpg
kk RtK utility1.jpg
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
PeterDE

Post by PeterDE »

Reviving an old thread. I read through this entire thread. It's very interesting and I am learning about the knife I have. I bought this from a knife dealer in 2016. He said right up front the box was not the one that the knife came in but he no longer had the original. I'm not sure what that means. Anyway, the knife is a 175th anniversary (which I believe was 2009) with Red Delran scales. On the main blade it shows the kissing cranes and says Robt klaas, Solingen Germany, on the back of the tang it says 191R. Is that a model number? The other blade tang shows the cranes and below that Germany. And the shield on the scales (on one side) shows the Cranes above the word Solingen.

Somewhere I read that if a Klaas knife says "since 1834" it is made in China. This knife does not have that, so can I assume it was actually made in Germany? I have quite a few knives made in Solingen Germany so I am kinda partial to those.

Anything else you can tell me about this knife?
Attachments
IMG_0226.JPG
IMG_2773.jpg
IMG_2774.jpg
IMG_2775.jpg
IMG_2776.jpg
IMG_2777.jpg
IMG_2778.jpg
IMG_2779.jpg
IMG_2780.jpg
TPK

Post by TPK »

PeterDE wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:27 pm Reviving an old thread. I read through this entire thread. It's very interesting and I am learning about the knife I have. I bought this from a knife dealer in 2016. He said right up front the box was not the one that the knife came in but he no longer had the original. I'm not sure what that means. Anyway, the knife is a 175th anniversary (which I believe was 2009) with Red Delran scales. On the main blade it shows the kissing cranes and says Robt klaas, Solingen Germany, on the back of the tang it says 191R. Is that a model number? The other blade tang shows the cranes and below that Germany. And the shield on the scales (on one side) shows the Cranes above the word Solingen.

Somewhere I read that if a Klaas knife says "since 1834" it is made in China. This knife does not have that, so can I assume it was actually made in Germany? I have quite a few knives made in Solingen Germany so I am kinda partial to those.

Anything else you can tell me about this knife?
Hi Peter,

Nice score! ::tu:: ::super_happy:: Great looking knife! ::nod:: ::tu::

Yes, as far as I know, you are correct. The "Since 1834" is a dead giveaway for "Made in China " and those who are or were made in Germany will have "Solingen" in the stamp. I have a number of the "Since 1834" knives and they are all very well made. I really like them and for the price of them they are a real good deal & make great EDC's IMO. ::tu:: ::super_happy::

TPK

Post by TPK »

My newest Robi Klaas Kissing Crane Solingen knife is a 4" single blade with a Redbone Hound etch on the blade & a long pull. Unfortunatly (IMO) it does not have a 1/2 stop but other than that it's a nice knife. ::tu::

Took some pictures of it this morning to show you guys & gals. :D
Thanks for looking friends! ::handshake:: :D
Attachments
IMG_20220501_072713_537.jpg
IMG_20220501_072647_893.jpg
IMG_20220501_072634_528.jpg
IMG_20220501_073157_057.jpg
IMG_20220501_073412_955.jpg
IMG_20220501_073439_462.jpg
IMG_20220501_073251_263.jpg
IMG_20220501_073312_186.jpg

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I think your knife has lots of character to it, Tom.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

TPK wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:02 am It's a nice knife.
Yes indeed it is. Love the etch on it, too! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Tanuki

Post by Tanuki »

This 3 7/8" 'seahorse' Robt Klaas shows little sign of use. A vintage store bargain.
ADA36241-BF25-476C-BD13-569D9CC1739A.jpeg
John - semi-corny, looking for a maize knife
sidpost

Post by sidpost »

Tanuki wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:15 pm This 3 7/8" 'seahorse' Robt Klaas shows little sign of use. A vintage store bargain.
ADA36241-BF25-476C-BD13-569D9CC1739A.jpeg
Nice find!
Alien883

Post by Alien883 »

philco wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:51 am
tjmurphy wrote: They are Crane Brand and feature only one crane (BRL says that they are actually storks??)
Not to derail this thread, but I can't help but wonder why Mr. Levine would say they are storks when the shield clearly says "CRANE".
Easy one, lol....there are no cranes in Germany, only storks,,,as this brand got really famous and sold good in the early days in the US,,,,they started calling it cranes....I guess today it be called marketing strategy!! LOL

Return to “European-made knives”