Sakoblade´s knives from Eskilstuna Sweden

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
portlandpatrick

Re: Sakoblade´s knives from Eskilstuna Sweden

Post by portlandpatrick »

Thanks for all your input. The knife is 100% complete and the lever that looks like a belt hook is actually the unlocking mechanism. The knife has a great wrist action to open. That said, whether closed or open, it would make one heck of a concealable “fighting” weapon. The only purpose I can think it has is some strange Swedish interpretation of a switchblade.

Patrick
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I see no way it could be a concealed weapon in its current form. If that was the case, it's more dangerous to the person carrying it than to anyone else. It could not be safely carried or accessed by the carrier.

In my opinion it's either a component part of something else, parts or accessories are missing, or it's unfinished.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
stancaiman

Post by stancaiman »

i think your knive is this without the handle

http://stancaiman.free.fr/couteaux/eka1.JPG

this one was buy in the Beaubourg Museum (design shop) in the beginning of 90's

the side red button command the system you show. Blade is locked open and close and the system very smooth.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Here they are, together for easier comparison.

Ken
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (19.3 KiB) Viewed 3214 times
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
sakoblade

Post by sakoblade »

djknife13 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:05 am We seem to have lost Jim (Sakoblade) from AAPK. I hope he is OK. He sure helped me with some knife information I couldn't find on line. I believe his last post was in March. ____Dave
@Dave, I’m back again, to stay I hope! Thanks for your kind words!

Life threw me a huge amount of lemons over the last few years so I’ve been on a lemonade diet for too long!! :mrgreen:

Anyway, due to all that I’ve sold almost all my Eskilstuna knives but I am here and will post and try to help others with their Scandinavian knives.

Jim
sakoblade

Post by sakoblade »

So to continue where I left off a few years ago, here’s my EDC knife since a while back.

Blade marked KIE which is an acronym for something I am not aware of. Knivföretaget KIE is the general name for it though. This company was in business between 1975 and 1991.

Stainless steel and a small gentleman’s pocket knife with SHB which is an acronym for Svenska HandelsBanken, a Swedish bank. So most likely this was a corporate gift or similar.

One blade is damaged but I will fix that eventually.

Very easy to sharpen and to keep sharp. And a great find for just over a buck at a local fleamarket.

Since it is illegal to carry knives in Sweden, if you don’t have a legit reason, like a carpenter on the way to his job or a fisherman/hunter on his way to hunt or fish, this one is hardly noticable in my jeans pocket so it flies under the radar so to speak.

Anyways, good to be back!

Jim
7FB1F7A4-3143-4F98-993E-367C90004DAE.jpeg
B461A266-080A-4BFD-8C28-9F4C2C73796D.jpeg
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Sakoblade, that is a nice little pocket knife. It is what I usually consider a "gentleman's knife".
I was not aware that the laws were so strict in Sweden concerning pocket knives. That one is small enough to remain unseen, yet just large enough to be useful. Great find!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Welcome back Jim.____Dave
sakoblade

Post by sakoblade »

Reverans and Dave, thanks for your replies!

Yes the laws are strict here and it is illegal to even keep a small pocket knife in your car as a tool for unfortunate events and accidents.
On the other hand, the law is rarely enforced for the average Joe minding his own business. But there is no guarantee for it.

But I always keep a small knife in my pocket and haven´t had any problems yet.

Over here, politicians try to score points by forcing stupid legislation on normal people instead of hunting down the bad guys.

I guess it´s the same in most countries!

Dave, thanks Buddy! Good to be back!!

Jim
Day

Post by Day »

High I’m new here and Have two knives coming in for light resto and hoping too sell on , I’m living in Sweden and collect knives . Both knives have corkscrews and need work .
Nephilim

Post by Nephilim »

Here's the few EKA knives from my collection.
20200617_231023 (2).jpg
Left-to-right, here's an EKA 38, a "Super Swede" and a 2 piece gentleman's knife with a bottle opener. EKA knives used to be sold under the Normark trademark in the US and UK.
sakoblade

Post by sakoblade »

Great knives Nephilim!

A fun fact about the EKA knife is that it was designed by Sigvard Bernadotte, a Swedish prince who gave up his royal life when he married a common woman.

So he had to make a living for himself and decided to become a designer. He had a great carreer and almost all Swedes have something in their homes that was designed by him.

The pics are from a book called Designprinsen or The Design Prince.

Jim
ADDC3987-C561-4B60-AE87-08A1966E971E.jpeg
60FCD31A-A97C-429A-8934-00162C3693A6.jpeg

Return to “European-made knives”